Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiobhánF

I use Amazon Locker a lot when I don't want questions about what I get. Much easier to just go pick it up. Less theft.
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Linde

Quote from: SiobhánF on January 04, 2019, 10:21:28 PM
I use Amazon Locker a lot when I don't want questions about what I get. Much easier to just go pick it up. Less theft.
I have a ring doorbell, and can see and record if anybody comes close to my stuff, and I can yell at them that I will let the dog out!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

V M

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on January 04, 2019, 10:20:35 PM
My favorite of our dogs got killed by a delivery truck today. Deaf old girl probably didn't even hear it.

That is very sad, rest her soul  :'(
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Allison S

Well... Emotions are still hitting me like a bulldozer... Someone tried to tell me that they helped me in my transition... How? I have no idea how they helped me other than merely existing. They actually hurt me when they used to talk behind my back... She admitted she did talk behind my back and I told her that I always knew and at least she's admitting it now. It still hurts and I don't trust her at all...

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on January 04, 2019, 10:20:35 PM
My favorite of our dogs got killed by a delivery truck today. Deaf old girl probably didn't even hear it.

Big hug! They take a piece of our hearts with them when they leave us. Farewell, girl.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Allison S on January 09, 2019, 06:48:48 AM
Well... Emotions are still hitting me like a bulldozer... Someone tried to tell me that they helped me in my transition... How? I have no idea how they helped me other than merely existing. They actually hurt me when they used to talk behind my back... She admitted she did talk behind my back and I told her that I always knew and at least she's admitting it now. It still hurts and I don't trust her at all...

You have to learn to shed your relations with people who are not for you and/or supporting you.  Life is way to short to not have as many good feelings as one possibly can have!
I do not want to be surrounded by negative people anymore, life is a ball, and I want to participate in it!

I hope you feel better pretty soon !
Hugs
Linde

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Dietlind on January 09, 2019, 07:01:49 AM
You have to learn to shed your relations with people who are not for you and/or supporting you.  Life is way to short to not have as many good feelings as one possibly can have!
I do not want to be surrounded by negative people anymore, life is a ball, and I want to participate in it!

I hope you feel better pretty soon !
Hugs
Linde
Oh yes, I feel better with every passing moment. Thank you [emoji4] I'm learning to do that Dietlind, I wish I could learn faster and really get to a place where I only have supportive friends... But it's been a lot of trial and error for me with people in real life and I actually have my closest transitioning allies and friends are actually from this forum...

I do know I can be difficult myself at times, but it did hurt me that she's always disregarded me and would talk about me to someone else as if I was less than them... She even acknowledged that I've come a long way in my transition, but I don't know what that has to do with her? And why anyone would think that my transition measures my worth (or in this increases it?)... I'm honestly feeling that the nyc trans community is very vicious and I guess people hurt me more than helped me. You're right though and it's time for me to make better long lasting friends.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Allison S on January 09, 2019, 07:14:29 AM

I do know I can be difficult myself at times, but it did hurt me that she's always disregarded me and would talk about me to someone else as if I was less than them... She even acknowledged that I've come a long way in my transition, but I don't know what that has to do with her? And why anyone would think that my transition measures my worth (or in this increases it?)... I'm honestly feeling that the nyc trans community is very vicious and I guess people hurt me more than helped me. You're right though and it's time for me to make better long lasting friends.

Could it be that she is jealous about you?  You might have nicer  hair, or a prettier face, or bigger boobs, and whatever, or all of the above?  And she sees in you a competitor for whatever rank?  And hopes to increase her standing by talking you own and bad about you?
I don't know anything about the NY trans community, but it is made up of people, like any other community.  And some people are nice, while others are less nice.  One has to learn to not hang out with the lesser nice ones.
I know, it is easier said than done, but a good start is to let go of the ones who purposely try to hurt one!
(and I still wish, I would have your hair, rather than those straight things I have growing on my head)
Hugs
Linde

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Dietlind on January 09, 2019, 07:36:34 AM
Could it be that she is jealous about you?  You might have nicer  hair, or a prettier face, or bigger boobs, and whatever, or all of the above?  And she sees in you a competitor for whatever rank?  And hopes to increase her standing by talking you own and bad about you?
I don't know anything about the NY trans community, but it is made up of people, like any other community.  And some people are nice, while others are less nice.  One has to learn to not hang out with the lesser nice ones.
I know, it is easier said than done, but a good start is to let go of the ones who purposely try to hurt one!
(and I still wish, I would have your hair, rather than those straight things I have growing on my head)
Hugs
Linde
I don't know. She usually seems aloof to me.

I think naturally straight hair is beautiful and I'm sure matches your features perfectly. I get it though, because I always wish to have naturally straight, silky and smooth hair. Almost everyone I know who has curly hair straightens it and I always have people telling me to straighten mine... It's definitely more diserable to have straight hair! But, since I (finally) embraced being trans I feel like I can embrace my frizzy hair too. It's about time...

•  

Linde

Quote from: Allison S on January 09, 2019, 09:22:58 AM

I think naturally straight hair is beautiful and I'm sure matches your features perfectly. I get it though, because I always wish to have naturally straight, silky and smooth hair.
And i hink that my hair is as boring as can be, lots of boring hair that is!  I dream of locks and curls and feel they make a face look way more feminin that my utilitarian hair does, I mean, compared to it a straight line is pretty much curved!

•  

Swedishgirl96

Nicotine abstinence. One month with out vaping now, 4 months with out cigarettes. But its getting better.
La dolce vita
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Swedishgirl96 on January 09, 2019, 11:53:52 AM
Nicotine abstinence. One month with out vaping now, 4 months with out cigarettes. But its getting better.
Welcome to the club!  I used to smoke 3 packs a day, but gave it up 35 years ago!

•  

Swedishgirl96

Quote from: Dietlind on January 09, 2019, 12:04:52 PM
Welcome to the club!  I used to smoke 3 packs a day, but gave it up 35 years ago!
Haha vielen dank!
Oh that's a lot! How did you have time to smoke that much? Different times I guess.
Have you ever had a relapse during this time?
La dolce vita
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Swedishgirl96 on January 09, 2019, 12:34:30 PM
Haha vielen dank!
Oh that's a lot! How did you have time to smoke that much? Different times I guess.
Have you ever had a relapse during this time?
I was always in an office/lab environment, and had the chance to have cigarette in my hand whenever I felt like it.

I did not ant to smoke around my new born child, so I decided to stop cold turkey.  I have had never ever something to smoke in my hands since. (and I saved a hell of a lot of money, I just wish I would have stashed it away!)

•  

Allison S

This is my go to thread it seems... I actually go out of my way to find it to post. Well, I still feel like I'm in "recovery". It's not good or bad, but I can still feel unhappy along the way...

•  

Linde

Quote from: Allison S on January 20, 2019, 09:19:26 AM
This is my go to thread it seems... I actually go out of my way to find it to post. Well, I still feel like I'm in "recovery". It's not good or bad, but I can still feel unhappy along the way...

Do you know the causes that make you feel unhappy?
Everybody has times they feel down, but I never feel like having to find this post! My unhappiness goes over so fast that it is not really worth to mention it!

I hope you can push your unhappiness to the side and be happy most of the time!
Good luck and hugs
Linde

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Allison S on January 20, 2019, 09:19:26 AM

Allison,

I hope that you will feel better about life in general consistently and that your days ahead are wonderful for you.   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Dietlind on January 20, 2019, 10:28:00 AM
Do you know the causes that make you feel unhappy?
Everybody has times they feel down, but I never feel like having to find this post! My unhappiness goes over so fast that it is not really worth to mention it!

I hope you can push your unhappiness to the side and be happy most of the time!
Good luck and hugs
Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 20, 2019, 10:33:08 AM

Allison,

I hope that you will feel better about life in general consistently and that your days ahead are wonderful for you.   :)

Chrissy

Thank you Linde and Chrissy [emoji173]
Linde, I guess I feel deficient in so many ways. Never having a bf... I'm 28 now. Things are changing, but I'm just not sure how to date and be in a relationship.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Allison S on January 20, 2019, 07:12:10 PM

Thank you Linde and Chrissy [emoji173]
Linde, I guess I feel deficient in so many ways. Never having a bf... I'm 28 now. Things are changing, but I'm just not sure how to date and be in a relationship.

Just be yourself and natural!  When i was a guy, and I am told that I was a very handsome one, I never wanted to get involved with a "Barby Doll" or some type of "Valley Girl".  I wanted a good looking but down to earth girl, who was willing to just share my everyday, taher boring some times, life with me!  My son is extremely handsome, and half the girls in high school were after him, but my daughter in law is just a normal looking girl with just normal attitudes!

If you are who you are, Mr. Right will come along.  I was 34 when I got married, we stated to date when I was 30.

If those hairs I see in your avatar is your hair, you have already a pretty good start in finding a nice guy.  I think you hair looks very attractive!  What is deficient about not having had a boy friend in your age?  Are we in kind of a race who will land in bed first? 
Just work on your confidence and self worthiness, and you will get a very nice guy one of these days, who will adore you and carry you on his hands.  Dating is nothing you can really learn, you feel it inside your heart.  Otherwise go out with a group of friends, and just have fun. 
Happy, smiling girls are way more attractive than grumpy ones.  Be happy, smile and just take it easy, life is great and you will find a great part in it!

Hugs, and lots of fun!
Linde

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Dietlind on January 20, 2019, 07:40:49 PM
Just be yourself and natural!  When i was a guy, and I am told that I was a very handsome one, I never wanted to get involved with a "Barby Doll" or some type of "Valley Girl".  I wanted a good looking but down to earth girl, who was willing to just share my everyday, taher boring some times, life with me!  My son is extremely handsome, and half the girls in high school were after him, but my daughter in law is just a normal looking girl with just normal attitudes!

If you are who you are, Mr. Right will come along.  I was 34 when I got married, we stated to date when I was 30.

If those hairs I see in your avatar is your hair, you have already a pretty good start in finding a nice guy.  I think you hair looks very attractive!  What is deficient about not having had a boy friend in your age?  Are we in kind of a race who will land in bed first? 
Just work on your confidence and self worthiness, and you will get a very nice guy one of these days, who will adore you and carry you on his hands.  Dating is nothing you can really learn, you feel it inside your heart.  Otherwise go out with a group of friends, and just have fun. 
Happy, smiling girls are way more attractive than grumpy ones.  Be happy, smile and just take it easy, life is great and you will find a great part in it!

Hugs, and lots of fun!
Linde
No that's a wig in my pic. My hair is bob length, curly/wavy and black.  I'm waiting until I'm far along in my transition to where I'm comfortable in myself to date. I'm getting there, but it takes time... I know age doesn't factor into relationships though so you're right about that.

•