News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: Allison S on January 21, 2019, 04:40:04 AM
No that's a wig in my pic. My hair is bob length, curly/wavy and black.  I'm waiting until I'm far along in my transition to where I'm comfortable in myself to date. I'm getting there, but it takes time... I know age doesn't factor into relationships though so you're right about that.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
I wish so much I would have nice wavy, curly hair.  My hair is so straight, you can use it to straighten out a ruler with it!

I don't know how far along you are in being a woman, but whatever it is, from what I read here, you seem to be a really nice and considered girl, and every guy should be happy to bring you home!
He is waiting out there for you, just give him time to find you!

Good luck and hugs!
Linde
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

big kim

Reading about a scumbag on trial for beating his girlfriend's baby to death. What makes it even worse is that it was over several months.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on January 21, 2019, 10:00:43 AM
I wish so much I would have nice wavy, curly hair.  My hair is so straight, you can use it to straighten out a ruler with it!

I don't know how far along you are in being a woman, but whatever it is, from what I read here, you seem to be a really nice and considered girl, and every guy should be happy to bring you home!
He is waiting out there for you, just give him time to find you!

Good luck and hugs!
Linde

It is sorta funny, many ladies with curly hair want straight hair.
Many ladies with straight hair want curly hair.
I wonder if this is the "grass is greener on the other side of the hill effect" or simply ladies wanting a change?   :)

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 21, 2019, 11:21:51 AM

It is sorta funny, many ladies with curly hair want straight hair.
Many ladies with straight hair want curly hair.
I wonder if this the "grass is greener on the other side of the hill effect" or simply ladies wanting a change?   :)

Chrissy
I don't know either.  I had this straight stuff on my head all my life, and i always (as a guy) wanted to have some wavy type of hair.  Specifically in those days when guy had longer hair (the early Beatles type of do).  I knew for sure that the women would just flock around me if  would just have wavy hair.  I gave up on my hope and desire to have anybody flocking around me, but I still dream of wavy hair!

•  

Kylo

An absolute gem of a moron. Must remind myself never to underestimate certain so-called tolerant progressives. If you don't think exactly the way they do, they are quite happy to throw every homophobic and transphobic slur at you. So up their own arse they've found the fifth dimension in there.

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Kylo on January 22, 2019, 08:51:49 AM
So up their own arse they've found the fifth dimension in there.

I'm stealing this line.  Brilliant.  :D

Militant groupthinkers are a real joy to deal with.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Lynne

I haven't started my car in a while so I decided to take it for a spin around the block and to get some fuel.
Just as I left the parking lot the car started sputtering but I thought that this was caused by the low fuel levels so I proceeded to get fuel.

After leaving the petrol station the situation became worse and eventually I stopped in the middle of a busy road. After 3 restarts I managed to at least get out of the way of the traffic. Tried to restart it until the battery died too.

I had to push my car to the nearest parking lot. Because I did not anticipate any problems with the car I chose to wear my new dress and new high heel boots which made made this exercise a lot more difficult while providing great show for everyone who watched. Nobody stopped to help.

Then I packed all the expensive tools in a big bag and removed the battery from the car. With battery in one hand and a big heavy bag in the other hand I walked home in heels.

When I got home I realized that I somehow damaged my new boots, I wasn't happy.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

I'm sorry to hear this.  I hope the car is an easy fix and your boots aren't beyond repair.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Lynne

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on January 26, 2019, 10:37:13 PM
I'm sorry to hear this.  I hope the car is an easy fix and your boots aren't beyond repair.

Thank you! After I charged the battery and cleaned the battery terminals the car started instantly, quickly drove it back to the secured parking lot and drove it for a while there. In the end it started doing the same thing as yesterday but at least now it stopped only a few meters from my spot. I plan to fix other things as well but I need to make it reliable again before anything else.
The scratches on my boots annoy me because I was careless and damaged them on the same day I bought them, I wouldn't mind these scratches after wearing them a for few months.
  •  

LizK

So it's started

My Parents arrive in 2 days for a one week visit

My Father sent out the itinerary today. He is in NZ and he addressed it to my three brothers and and me

Opening line was

Hi Guys...

This is the way he always address us when sending an email to his sons...if he included Meryl or my daughters it was always 

Hi Guys and Gals

SIGH! It's going to be a long week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Linde

Quote from: LizK on February 12, 2019, 06:24:13 AM

Opening line was

Hi Guys...

This is the way he always address us when sending an email to his sons...if he included Meryl or my daughters it was always 

He may have picked it up in the midwest of the US.  Guys is an absolutely gender neutral expression there, and it even has a plural that is "yous guys"

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Dietlind on February 12, 2019, 11:48:26 AM
He may have picked it up in the midwest of the US.  Guys is an absolutely gender neutral expression there, and i even has a plural that is "yous guys"

Uh huh.  Acid test:  "Imagine a picture of two guys kissing.  Describe it to me."

::)
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 12, 2019, 03:21:28 PM
Uh huh.  Acid test:  "Imagine a picture of two guys kissing.  Describe it to me."

::)
This I can do easily, as long as I am not to be involved!
Two guys hug each other closely and start kissing a little around in each others face, and finally French kiss each other with a lot of loving desire, while their hands wander up and down the back of the other person.

I have nothing against gay men, or men as such, as long as I do not have to be part of an romantic encounter with them.

I have zero hang ups with any kind of seuality, as long as both partners are agree with it.   Some versions of sexuality are just not my cup of tea.  As another example, I would never ever want to get involved in BDSM stuff, no matter if it is hetero, gay, or lesbian.  But I know some people who really like it, and I feel good for them that they have this kind of outlet!

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Dietlind on February 12, 2019, 03:36:21 PM
This I can do easily, as long as I am not to be involved!
Two guys hug each other closely and start kissing a little around in each others face, and finally French kiss each other with a lot of loving desire, while their hands wander up and down the back of the other person.

I have nothing against gay men, or men as such, as long as I do not have to be part of an romantic encounter with them.

Linde, I just asked that to demonstrate that, as you responded, 'guys' is definitely not gender-neutral.  Imagining 'two guys kissing' immediately produced an image of two males kissing in the minds of almost everyone I have challenged with this little test.  I am convinced that 'guys' is not gender neutral in this culture, without regard to protests otherwise.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

V M

Guys can be a gender neutral term, but it depends upon usage  :)  ie: You walk into a pizza parlor and see a group of friends and other people of mixed genders and you say "Hey guys, how's it goin'?"

In Liz's case it does not sound like it was used in a gender neutral fashion

Hugs Liz  :icon_chick:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Michelledeanna1989

The massive dump of snow we got the last couple days
On the west coast...
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 12, 2019, 03:55:24 PM
Linde, I just asked that to demonstrate that, as you responded, 'guys' is definitely not gender-neutral.  Imagining 'two guys kissing' immediately produced an image of two males kissing in the minds of almost everyone I have challenged with this little test.  I am convinced that 'guys' is not gender neutral in this culture, without regard to protests otherwise.
Up in the Twin Cities area, girls or women address each other with "guys".  It has nothing to do with gender there, it is more like the southern "you all", which is also gender neutral.  If you say to guys, you remove the neutrality and means two specific people, which are male, like two girls are female.

OK, here is an example, several girls are together, and on says, "I go shopping, do you guys come with?" (yes, they still use parts of the German grammar up there).  Or it can be a mixed gender group, and the question would also be: "What are you guys doing today".  Nobody would be offended or see anything wrong with this!

•  

LizK

Quote from: V M on February 12, 2019, 04:06:16 PM
Guys can be a gender neutral term, but it depends upon usage  :)  ie: You walk into a pizza parlor and see a group of friends and other people of mixed genders and you say "Hey guys, how's it goin'?"

In Liz's case it does not sound like it was used in a gender neutral fashion

Hugs Liz  :icon_chick:

Hi V M

"Guys" used in the way you describe  is absolutely gender neutral. I use it this way myself but you are also right that in the context I describe, it is not....

Why not just refer to me as Liz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Dietlind on February 12, 2019, 11:48:26 AM
He may have picked it up in the midwest of the US.  Guys is an absolutely gender neutral expression there, and it even has a plural that is "yous guys"

Hi Linde
In the context you used it then I agree but this context is far different to that.

Appreciate your thoughts

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 12, 2019, 03:55:24 PM

Hi Michelle

I think it depends largely on context and also is this the way this person would normally use it. In the example I gave it certainly isn't gender neutral. [emoji847][emoji847]

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •