Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryuichi13

Quote from: OliverR. on February 26, 2019, 09:44:29 AM
I don't have a job yet even though I have been working with the VR due to my mental illness (mostly GAD) and have been alone in this apartment for a week since my husband works and we don't have another car. I am seeing my mother tomorrow, who I am afraid to see now because of an outburst she had last week....Our poor cat Bubsy who was only 4 years old dropped dead early in the morning not too long ago due to unknown reasons ( we saw this happen).:( She was having bad flea allergies and I'm assuming it had something to do with that......I miss her so much and start to cry when I try to talk about her. It was such a traumatic experience for both me and my husband. This apartment is so sad and lonely now and only reminds me of Bubsy dying.

I'm so sorry to hear about how Bubsy died.  Witnessing it must have been terrible! *hug*   

There is a kind of flea medicine for cats that goes in between their shoulder blades that is very effective when used properly. There are different kinds, Frontline, Advantage and Revolution are the three that I've heard of.  I think they each work for different parasites, but you can google exactly how they differ.   

I used to have a bad infestation, and with four cats, it was really terrible!  I used Advantage for my four, applying it as the directions said for each of them, and I haven't had fleas since.  That was around 10 years ago now, and my oldest cat, who was there for the infestation, is about to turn 14 this year.

I highly recommend using one of these medicines with your next cat.

Good luck! *hug*

Ryuichi     

•  

Linde

Quote from: Ryuichi13 on February 26, 2019, 05:35:11 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about how Bubsy died.  Witnessing it must have been terrible! *hug*   

There is a kind of flea medicine for cats that goes in between their shoulder blades that is very effective when used properly. There are different kinds, Frontline, Advantage and Revolution are the three that I've heard of.  I think they each work for different parasites, but you can google exactly how they differ.   

I used to have a bad infestation, and with four cats, it was really terrible!  I used Advantage for my four, applying it as the directions said for each of them, and I haven't had fleas since.  That was around 10 years ago now, and my oldest cat, who was there for the infestation, is about to turn 14 this year.

Good luck! *hug*

Ryuichi     
Two of my girlfriends have 9 and 10 cats (I don't know where I went wrong to be friends with cat people, I am a dog person), and both use Frontline for their cats, and I use it (the dog version) for my dog.  The stuff works.  I get it at Costco way cheaper than from the vet!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

OliverR.

Quote from: Ryuichi13 on February 26, 2019, 05:35:11 PM

Good luck! *hug*

Ryuichi     

Thanks :) She was such a sweet cat. very tiny. We actually tried front line, however, someone at the vet told us that it doesn't work anymore (they were still selling it there too!) maybe it's where we live? We tried another of the same kind but a different brand and it worked very good. Sadly she didn't live much longer after that. Fleas are so hard to deal with, especially if you've got a cat with severe allergies. She would break out in nasty sores too:( Didn't help that our apartment building is full of other cats who probably had fleas too.
"Don't make me run! I'm full of chocolate!" :eusa_sick:
  •  

jaybutterfly

My mother has been diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor. She has a year or two at best assuming she responds to radiotherapy.

•  

King Malachite

I got backstabbed by a co-worker I trusted, and my supervisors, in front of co-workers I already feel anxious around, and I've been having anxiety attacks all day because of it, and dread going into work now.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

V M

Quote from: jaybutterfly on April 02, 2019, 03:14:43 PM
My mother has been diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor. She has a year or two at best assuming she responds to radiotherapy.

I am so sorry to hear that, wish you and your mother all the best  :'(

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Michelledeanna1989

Quote from: jaybutterfly on April 02, 2019, 03:14:43 PM

Sorry to hear that. I lost my mom in 2015 to cancer.
It's hard to go threw. My mom had cancer since 1987
It started in her breasts  then she beat it and was fine
1988 to 2000 then it came back in her Lympnods then
Sprees to her bones in 2006 then her lung and liver in 2014
I moved home and lived with her for her last two years we still
Had a lot of really good days but near the end it was hard seeing
How much pain she was in.  I never had a chance to come out to her
But I know she supportive.  She actually tried to talk to me about being
Trans before she died but I'd always just  lie or try to show little interest
I still regret not telling her.  But honestly I think she knew.

Enjoy the good days and use the time left to make new memories.
I remember I hugged my mom probably 10 times a day those last two
Years and I can also say talking to a grief counseler helped me a ton before she passed
And again afterwards and being open with my brother we still are two years later 
  •  

jaybutterfly

Quote from: Michelledeanna1989 on April 02, 2019, 11:56:25 PM
Sorry to hear that. I lost my mom in 2015 to cancer.
It's hard to go threw. My mom had cancer since 1987
It started in her breasts  then she beat it and was fine
1988 to 2000 then it came back in her Lympnods then
Sprees to her bones in 2006 then her lung and liver in 2014
I moved home and lived with her for her last two years we still
Had a lot of really good days but near the end it was hard seeing
How much pain she was in.  I never had a chance to come out to her
But I know she supportive.  She actually tried to talk to me about being
Trans before she died but I'd always just  lie or try to show little interest
I still regret not telling her.  But honestly I think she knew.

Enjoy the good days and use the time left to make new memories.
I remember I hugged my mom probably 10 times a day those last two
Years and I can also say talking to a grief counseler helped me a ton before she passed
And again afterwards and being open with my brother we still are two years later

Im organising a bucket list of things we can do as a family in the remaining time she has.

For all our problems, she was my best friend and closest support. She got me in ways nobody else did. I feel like Im actually dying with her, and frankly, Id rather it be me than her.

Self harm ideation and things from the darkest parts of my life have crept back up on me now. I genuinely don't want to live in a world without her.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: jaybutterfly on April 03, 2019, 04:00:18 PM

Self harm ideation and things from the darkest parts of my life have crept back up on me now. I genuinely don't want to live in a world without her.
As sad as it is, you will get used to living without your mother, and live on!  I was very close to my mother, and lost her over night to a heart attack.  She was only 66 years old at that time, and I did not even have the chance to say good bye to her.  I still miss her these days, 36 years later, but I survived and was able to live my life, and so will you!

I wish you all the strength you can get, and send you my caring love!
Linde

•  

Linde

Called the court to see if my judgement concerning my legal name change is signed by the judge, and if I could come and pick it up!  After sitting in a telephone cue for almost 45 minutes they told me I need to call a different number they originally gave me.  I called that line and reached an answer machine.  I left a message to please call me back, and that was this morning, I have not been called, and it is 6 PM now!
I need this darn piece of paper to be able to change my drivers license and ID, health insurance, credit cards, social security and all the other jazz!

I am sick and tired of being called Mr. "dead name" when sitting in some waiting area, clearly looking like a woman!

•  

Michelledeanna1989

Im organising a bucket list of things we can do as a family in the remaining time she has.

For all our problems, she was my best friend and closest support. She got me in ways nobody else did. I feel like Im actually dying with her, and frankly, Id rather it be me than her.

Self harm is never healthy. But with my mom I miss her everyday and I see it as
My responsibility to keep her memory alive. I agree her and I fought but she also got me
Too.  Enjoying your and her Time together is super important.  My aunt is there for me now
In the same way my mom was.  But living in the moment helps too some times it's hard. Keep your plans but if she is having a bad day change them and help her with little things like going to
The pharmacy for her or making her a cup of tea or a bowl of soup whatever she needs be there and do it to make her more comfortable.

•  

ChrissyRyan

That I have to go out today in male mode for the benefit of others.
I do not make a big fuss usually, as for many years that was the norm.
But I am very dysphoric today, so this will be tougher on me than usual.

There are bigger problems in the world, I know. 
Oh, this too will pass, the day will be over, and tomorrow is another day!   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 06, 2019, 09:14:40 AM
That I have to go out today in male mode for the benefit of others.
I do not make a big fuss usually, as for many years that was the norm.
But I am very dysphoric today, so this will be tougher on me than usual.

There are bigger problems in the world, I know. 
Oh, this too will pass, the day will be over, and tomorrow is another day!   :)

Chrissy

Be strong and know what's inside that matters Chrissy most, thinking of your long term goals

Hugs

Cynthia -
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on April 06, 2019, 09:16:43 AM
Be strong and know what's inside that matters Chrissy most, thinking of your long term goals

Hugs

Cynthia -

Hugs back and thank you.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

That I am still sitting here without having my signed court judgement of my name change in my hands!  They allow not to pick it up in person, but mail it in one or two weeks.  The darn court house is 20 miles away from my front door!, and I might have to wait 2 weeks for getting it!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on April 06, 2019, 12:01:07 PM
That I am still sitting here without having my signed court judgement of my name change in my hands!  They allow not to pick it up in person, but mail it in one or two weeks.  The darn court house is 20 miles away from my front door!, and I might to have to wait 2 weeks for getting it!

Linde,

Time will pass quickly.  Do not let this get on your nerves.  It is not worth it to get yourself upset.

Enjoy each day, be with friends.  In short:  Eat, drink, and be merry with some companionship!

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 06, 2019, 06:16:40 PM

Linde,

Time will pass quickly.  Do not let this get on your nerves.  It is not worth it to get yourself upset.

Enjoy each day, be with friends.  In short:  Eat, drink, and be merry with some companionship!

Chrissy
I was hoping to have my final ID in my hands by the date of my birthday later this months!

It would be so nice to be able to celebrate my natural birthday at about the same time as my birthday as an official female!
My parents always wanted me to be a girl before I was born, and later allowed m to live like one (until school had to start).  They told it me all the time, and if they are somewhere up there and can look down on me, it would be so nice for them to have their wish to finally come true by the date I was supposed to be born as a girl!
(stupid estrogen, I have to cry now)

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on April 06, 2019, 06:43:11 PM
I was hoping to have my final ID in my hands by the date of my birthday later this months!

It would be so nice to be able to celebrate my natural birthday at about the same time as my birthday as an official female!
My parents always wanted me to be a girl before I was born, and later allowed m to live like one (until school had to start).  They told it me all the time, and if they are somewhere up there and can look down on me, it would be so nice for them to have their wish to finally come true by the date I was supposed to be born as a girl!
(stupid estrogen, I have to cry now)

Perhaps by chance the paperwork will be dated on your date of birth, or you receive the paperwork on your date of birth, giving you the same date for your NEW birthday.

You will find out!  Anyway, congratulations!  The paperwork will arrive.

Chrissy

•  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 06, 2019, 07:59:59 PM

Perhaps by chance the paperwork will be dated on your date of birth, or you receive the paperwork on your date of birth, giving you the same date for your NEW birthday.

You will find out!  Anyway, congratulations!  The paperwork will arrive.

Chrissy
Tank you!  Pretty soon I will be legally a female!  The thought about this, and the feeling is really great!

•  

KatieP

All the things you wrote in this post are great ideas. Spend the time left spending time with. THAT is a great idea.

But the self harm part is not a great idea. You ARE strong, and you CAN get through this. Very few of us on this forum are quitters. And when we get knocked down, we get up. You are here with us. You can get up again, when dark times come...

Never, Never, Never, give up...

Kate
  •