Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on April 25, 2019, 08:57:45 PM
"We've determined that you have blood in your urine because we biopsied your prostate four times!"   :D
After shoving a scope into my bladder they found that the prostate was the cause (I don't ant to go into details).  I was put onto Finasteride and everything was OK pretty soon after that.  I bet by now my prostate is shriveled up so much to look like a walnut!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Dietlind on April 25, 2019, 06:56:09 PM
If you want to know anything about discomfort, have them take a biopsy of your prostate.  They did that 4 times for me to find the reason for blood in my urine!  Fun was had each time!

Been through that drill...  *CLICK*... *SNICK*... *CLICK*... *SNICK*... *CLICK*... *SNICK*...
6 cores, no cancer found.

I figured out a better way to shrink it than finasteride...
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: Michelle_P on April 26, 2019, 12:17:03 AM
Been through that drill...  *CLICK*... *SNICK*... *CLICK*... *SNICK*... *CLICK*... *SNICK*...
6 cores, no cancer found.

I figured out a better way to shrink it than finasteride...

I wish they could do that to the "mumps lump" on my cheek.  I'd love to get rid of it!

Ryuichi

•  

CynthiaAnn

Finding fresh cat barf on my way to the kitchen for more coffee, yuk....

•  

phydelia

Out on my motorcycle today and stop by a bike shop for a look around, because my old beemer is being a giant pain in my ass.

Not many people in the shop, and after a couple minutes I hear "Sir, can I help you find anything?"
Crap. I know they're talking to me. Try not to flinch in their direction, pull my shoulders back a little to accentuate my boobs.
"Sir? Are you looking for anything in particular?"
Sigh.
I'm a little dehydrated, but I try to push my voice as femme as I can. "No thanks, I'm good."  Nope. I sound like Lemmy.
I slink out of the store with my head down a few minutes later.
Aaand parked right outside the front window of the shop, my bike won't start.  :icon_censored: :icon_censored: :icon_censored:
  •  

Michelledeanna1989

I got woken up at 5:30am from someone calling about a job
Interview.  That's a first for me..  couldn't it wait till after at least 9am on a Saturday lol
  •  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: King Malachite on May 01, 2019, 12:19:50 PM
Being on my period..

@King Malachite

Hmmm, quite an annoying and irritating conundrum for sure.   
Hang in there, in a few days you will be back to "normal"

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

big kim

Shoulder rotator cuff the latest fun of old age,spent the day popping cocodamol, amatriptilene & ibuprofen drifting in & out of sleep
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: big kim on May 01, 2019, 03:25:05 PM
Shoulder rotator cuff the latest fun of old age,spent the day popping cocodamol, amatriptilene & ibuprofen drifting in & out of sleep

@big kim

That sounds so very painful and very uncomfortable.   

When I had my recent back pain and leg pain caused by bulging lumbar discs, 
I refused to take the strong narco pain relievers and instead took max dosages of ibuprofen and tylenol....  I might as well have flushed the pills down the toilet for all the good that they did.

Please get well soon.
Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle

•  

LaRae

I've been in a really dark place for the last few weeks due to a domino effect of several personal life issues/stress (STILL haven't heard back definitively about that job from 2 weeks ago, & having severe difficulty finding another, struggling with bills a a result, plus other issues), and it's begun having a serious impact on my self esteem & dysphoria. I just feel disgusting, like I've left behind my assigned gender, but I'm not far enough along on the HRT & transitioning train to feel at all comfortable presenting to world as female yet, so it feels like I'm in some awful purgatory where I'm not really anything, just an 'it', and an 'it' that can't even find a job at that.

I know this is a headtrip and it will pass, i really do, but it's just so hard right now & I'm utterly alone. Other than this place, I really don't have anyone I can talk to about what I'm going through, they just don't have the visceral understanding of what it's like to utterly loathe what you see in the mirror every day because that's not what you want to be. They care, and are as understanding as they can be, but it's different. They just can't empathize. And even after I found this place, thanks to my Asperger's, plus years of being forced to deal alone, it's still like pulling teeth to make myself open up.

Just trying to keep my head up, keep fighting for what I know is right for me, and I will. But right now, I'd really like to just time skip to when all this stressful, depressive stuff i'm going through right now is behind me.
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour and it can never be used to hurt you."
  •  

big kim

Thanks Danielle, lot better today
  •  

Linde

My barely two year old over the range microwave broke!  That really sucks.  I used to be able to install stuff like this alone, but I lost to much upper torso strength for this, and now I have to pay somebody to do it!

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Dietlind on May 02, 2019, 08:22:12 PM
My barely two year old over the range microwave broke!  That really sucks.  I used to be able to install stuff like this alone, but I lost to much upper torso strength for this, and now I have to pay somebody to do it!
@Dietlind
Dear Linde:
I am so sorry to read of your difficulties.  I suppose that if you have enough kitchen counter top space you could always purchase a fairly inexpensive stand-alone Microwave.   
Just thinking out loud.

I have never had a lot of upper body strength even long before I transitioned.
The good news for me is that the men my small town, my neighbors and my friends and acquaintances at my next door coffee shop are always eager and willing to help a blue eyed blonde....  I don't often refuse their offers of assistance.

Wishing you well.
Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Dietlind on May 02, 2019, 08:22:12 PM

If ya don't mind handyperson advice...

I had a 20 year old over-the-range microwave that finally failed.  I replaced it with a well regarded brand that failed after 10 months.  After a warranty repair, it made it another 6 months.

It's pretty widely understood that the newer microwaves have a shorter service life, unfortunately.

In a kitchen remodel, I went back to a nice range hood, and had new cabinets installed that included a shelf for a microwave.  I installed a recessed wall outlet behind the microwave shelf, so a plugged in cord would not use valuable shelf depth.  A $60 Magic Chef microwave went in the shelf.  A new one costs less than a service call for the old over-the-range one, and the location in my kitchen in the prep/coffee area was frankly more convenient than over my cooking surface. It lasted at least a few years until I moved.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Michelle_P on May 02, 2019, 11:36:01 PM
If ya don't mind handyperson advice...

I had a 20 year old over-the-range microwave that finally failed.  I replaced it with a well regarded brand that failed after 10 months.  After a warranty repair, it made it another 6 months.

It's pretty widely understood that the newer microwaves have a shorter service life, unfortunately.

In a kitchen remodel, I went back to a nice range hood, and had new cabinets installed that included a shelf for a microwave.  I installed a recessed wall outlet behind the microwave shelf, so a plugged in cord would not use valuable shelf depth.  A $60 Magic Chef microwave went in the shelf.  A new one costs less than a service call for the old over-the-range one, and the location in my kitchen in the prep/coffee area was frankly more convenient than over my cooking surface. It lasted at least a few years until I moved.
Sadly enough, this entire kitchen was re-modelt about two years ago, and we are in Florida, there is no exhaust exit for range hoods, all is of the recirculating filter type stuff!  I don't even know if a range hood would work here!
I just may buy a cheep counter top unit, and de-clutter my counter tops for it!

•  

Michelledeanna1989

I bought groceries online and realized I bought. 1.2 kilos of mushrooms by
By mistake 1 banana instead of a bunch of bananas and a tiny little can of coconut milk
Lol going to be eating lots of mushrooms then next couple weeks 
  •  

Linde

I had a 2 hour long on line fight with my internet supplier Century Link.  I have constant drop out of the service, it is a pain you know where!

They finally agreed to send me a new modem, but wanted to charge shipping for it, but I pay for in-house repair.  They now agreed to pay for shipping!

Those companies try to fleece you whenever they can!

•  

Chloe

Quote from: Dietlind on May 03, 2019, 03:56:18 PM
I had a 2 hour long on line fight with my internet supplier . . .

@Dietland or how about promising to up my bandwidth speed, NO EXTRA CHARGE for doubling it . . .

because I'm over a month LATE on paying the bill?

Do ya think they thought I was gonna DROP EM? I ENJOY the fact that I DO have a choice . . .

Be it "a man or "woman"?
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Chloe on May 03, 2019, 08:55:12 PM
@Dietland or how about promising to up my bandwidth speed, NO EXTRA CHARGE for doubling it . . .

because I'm over a month LATE on paying the bill?

Do ya think they thought I was gonna DROP EM? I ENJOY the fact that I DO have a choice . . .

Be it "a man or "woman"?
I m stuck with the woman thing and only one internet provider! But I live nice and alone in the jungle and my fence keeps the occasional nosy alligator away!

•