Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Cage

Started by Tech_Nymph, January 27, 2016, 06:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tech_Nymph

Have you ever been locked in a cage? Such a terrible fate. The sinister reality of being trapped like a beast. Only to look at the world outside with a primal urge to be free. A freedom beyond your ability or control. The doors locked. Condemned to the cold bars that surround you.

The ability to cope with such a life is possible albeit a terrible existence. It can be worse however. It takes the form of a beautiful cage of gold, ironic as it may be.

It is a cage which dominates the very essence of being. It is a world devoid of sound and color. A monochromatic existence. Each day passing only out of necessity, not because of a want for it to, but merely because it refuses not to. It's a cage that leaves you broken. Your soul trapped within its gilded confines unbeknownst to the outside world.

No matter how grand the cage appears to be. Only those once tortured inside can convey the horror of hopelessness and undying misery befalling it's inhabitants. If being contained by such a vessel isn't tragic enough. When viewing it from the outside, one can only see it its external glory. Seeing only their deepest desires. They cannot see the pain. They cannot see the suffering of the inhabitants. It's as though nothing is wrong. A single step inside and the truth is realized.

Would you like to come inside? Take a step in my life? For it isn't certain the key to your release will ever be.
  •  

Tech_Nymph

I haven't gotten into the habit of sharing my writings. I'm always open to suggestions on new topics and even ways to improve. Just try to keep criticism on a friendly level because it's special to me.
  •  

Deborah

Mine was a box.  Plain wood, coffin like, buried in the cold earth.  At first I laid quietly inside, accepting my fate.  But the darkness and the stifling air became overpowering.  I began to scream, clawing at the unyielding lid, crying for release, praying for divine intervention.  But nobody came.  I began to tire and in resignation waited for the eternal darkness to take away this cold lonely existence.  But it can't hurt to try just one more time.  So again I cried out for release in a voice I thought barely audible, weak and exhausted from a lifetime alone in the box.  But this time somebody heard.  The sound of footsteps approaching.  Scratching noises on the outside of the lid.  A sliver of light and for the first time I felt hope.  Is this my release? Can it really be?  Then with a crash the lid falls away and the light of a thousand suns fills my space but my eyes, never before having seen light, are overwhelmed and leave me unable to see.  But I am now free, and in my freedom there is happiness.  A strange feeling; something new.  My eyes will slowly adjust to this wonderful new light as I take one slow step at a time in the world, others helping me, away from that cursed box.  The evil ones gather in the distance with their torches and pitchforks, in a frenzied unison chanting for the witch to be imprisoned again into the box of death.  The evil ones, calling me a witch.  I smile inwardly at that irony as I take another small step away from that cold dark box, never to return.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Deborah

There is nothing to criticize about what you wrote.  It resonates to my soul.  There is no higher compliment.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Tech_Nymph

That was beautiful.. Like.. I'm speechless..
I definitely feel the resonation you describe.
I hope to see more of your writing.
Thank you. You made my day.
  •  

Tristyn

Quote from: Tech_Nymph on January 27, 2016, 07:15:38 AM
That was beautiful.. Like.. I'm speechless..
I definitely feel the resonation you describe.
I hope to see more of your writing.
Thank you. You made my day.

Indeed! :D

You both have inspired me to do some writing while I have my sanity and time left on this Earth. Its the only thing I'm any good at anyhow.
  •