News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

My wonderful surgeries SRS, BA and FFS at PAI Bangkok

Started by warlockmaker, February 20, 2016, 08:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnonyMs

Quote from: alex82 on June 07, 2016, 09:41:34 AM
I am terrified of general anaesthetic - I've had a couple and been fine, but the thought of GA keeps me awake in terror. The last time I had one I had to be sedated first, and the final emotion I remember in the anaesthetic room was panic, and fear that it could be the last moment of life I ever lived. Not helped by them having to use a strap to raise the vein. Anyone else or just me?

Its not really a rational fear as it is quite safe, but I guess you know that. I think I'd ask if they could give you any medication prior next time, perhaps some anti-anxiety meds or something. I think you'd need to ask the anesthesiologist to be safe.

I've been under GA a few times and its doesn't bother me in the slightest. The canula they put in beforehand though makes me feel sick. Its ridiculous, but I find the idea of SRS less stressful than having an injection.
  •  

alex82

Quote from: AnonyMs on June 07, 2016, 10:18:22 AM
Its not really a rational fear as it is quite safe, but I guess you know that. I think I'd ask if they could give you any medication prior next time, perhaps some anti-anxiety meds or something. I think you'd need to ask the anesthesiologist to be safe.

I've been under GA a few times and its doesn't bother me in the slightest. The canula they put in beforehand though makes me feel sick. Its ridiculous, but I find the idea of SRS less stressful than having an injection.

It's not so much the injection - it's that surrendering control and potentially never knowing anything more. Again totally irrational, because I've been quite happy to surrender to morphine on waking up.

I'm exactly the same - the surgery doesn't particularly phase me. If you have to do something, you have to do it. It's purely the GA, and even having had it before has done nothing to help that fear. I woke up crying with relief that I was still alive.

Even the fact that I know it doesn't make me nauseous or depressed, which I hear are very common, does nothing. I actually react to it in a really good way but I can't get the fear gone. I'll definitely be asking for a stronger sedative than last time, and (good idea - thank you) from the anaesthetist having explained all this, rather than a pre med nurse on the ward.

Blood though - I faint at the sight of it. Did when they removed the drain last time, did at a bris of a clients new son I was invited to, did when i cut my finger on kitchen scissors. Hot and weak and gone - every time.

I'd happily go abroad for this when the time comes, so I found the review fascinating. But do these private hospitals all have full crash teams and casualty departments on site? That's why I think oh, seed of doubt.
  •  

Richenda

Quote from: alex82 on June 07, 2016, 10:48:26 AM
It's not so much the injection - it's that surrendering control and potentially never knowing anything more.

That's exactly what my pilot friend said. Which is intriguing because lots of people are terrified of flying and yet when you pause and think about the statistics of that it's an incredibly safe way to travel. You're statistically more likely to be killed by a Spanish donkey than die in an air crash. My fear of flying was cured by living under a flightpath. Plane after plane descended hour by hour, day by day.

The statistics on a GA procedure are likewise incredibly favourable, if that helps at all?

Hugs x
  •  

Sarah leah

Congrats and wow that is a lot to get done at once.

If it is ok what did they do with the ffs for that amount as it is where I will be starting then working downwards :)

A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting
  •  

warlockmaker

Hi Sarah.  For the Ffs I had the following done:

1. Had a brow shave
2. Lower the hairline
3. Raised the eye brow
4. My nostril was narrowed and the tip shortened.
5. Fatty tissue in the upper lip
6. A rejuvenating face lift .

This was the longest of the 3 surgeries but I had a fantastic surgeon and now 5 months later I have no visible scars .
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015
  •  

Richenda

You're so beautiful. I'd love to have something like that done. Can I ask which surgeon performed the ffs?

xx
  •  

warlockmaker

Hi Richende ..

The surgeon was Dr Burin at PAI. He is very highly regarded. Unlike some surgeons he keeps your personality in yourface and does not perform radical change. His work was fantastic ...I had no bruising and little swelling and OMG his stitching was just brilliant.

I can send some pre, shortly after surgery and my present look pic is in my profile. I don't know how to do pics on the forum so maybe if you want pm me and give me your e mail .
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

•  

Richenda

Oh wow. He's the one who will be doing my orchiectomy next month: the first stage I hope :)

Yay! Just pm'd you :)

Chen x
  •  

warlockmaker

•  

Richenda

So happy to hear that :)

I know girls tend to get a bit evangelical about their preferred surgical team but I've loved everything about PAI so far: the spectrum from things like answering emails promptly, politeness, proper hospital base, to detailed after care protocols.

I also like the fact that there's a trained team. As I'd like several stages to my surgery across a range of procedures (not just down below) I don't want to be reliant on a single individual.

I could go on but you'll know what I mean :)

x
  •  

Sarah leah

Quote from: warlockmaker on June 13, 2016, 09:35:57 PM
Hi Sarah.  For the Ffs I had the following done:

1. Had a brow shave
2. Lower the hairline
3. Raised the eye brow
4. My nostril was narrowed and the tip shortened.
5. Fatty tissue in the upper lip
6. A rejuvenating face lift .

This was the longest of the 3 surgeries but I had a fantastic surgeon and now 5 months later I have no visible scars .

Thank you.

I contacted them last night to get an idea of what I might need down the track and they recommended I get:

Base on your pictures, our doctors are recommend
1. Lower Hairline Surgery to raise hairline at least 1.5 CM+.
2. Nose Hump Shaving (Nose Reconstruction Surgery).
3. Brow Bossing surgery.

...Since these procedures are able to be perform at the same time.  If done together, we are able to reduce the cost by a further 1,300 USD.

I like how quickly they checked my photos and replied. I need to ask them a few questions sooner than later however such as:

"Does hump refer to the bridge being taken inwards --> <--- to create a thinner profile of the nose from the front or just ye old bump from a side view. As the term hump seems very generic of a term?"

"when they say 1.5cm+ can it be brought down to 3cm+ to get it in the correct range as that is a issue I hate about my hair."

A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting
  •  

alex82

How soon is it safe to fly long haul after facial surgery?

I mean, I don't want to be in agony for 13 hours with no way off.
  •  

warlockmaker

Hi Alex...ffs is mostly a painless recovery. The reason is that as they lift the skin the nerves are detached and can take up to 6 months before full sensitivity returns, though most senation returns in about 3 weeks. This numbness are at the stitch lines.

You can normally fly after the stitches are removed ...normally 7 to 10 days later.

•  

alex82

Quote from: warlockmaker on June 15, 2016, 09:08:46 PM
Hi Alex...ffs is mostly a painless recovery. The reason is that as they lift the skin the nerves are detached and can take up to 6 months before full sensitivity returns, though most senation returns in about 3 weeks. This numbness are at the stitch lines.

You can normally fly after the stitches are removed ...normally 7 to 10 days later.

Thank you.
  •  

Meera0810

Thank you so much for this <3 Would anyone here have any idea about a voice surgery at PAI? I have a very low pitch, and I wanted to consider their surgery, but there isn't enough feedback for it.
No one knows how to be you, better than you.
  •  

Richenda

I'm going to be talking to them about this Meera as well as FFS when I'm there at the end of the month so I will get back to you with any info I pick up.

Chen x
  •  

Meera0810

Quote from: Richenda on July 11, 2016, 05:13:35 AM
I'm going to be talking to them about this Meera as well as FFS when I'm there at the end of the month so I will get back to you with any info I pick up.

Chen x

Thank you so much, Richenda <3 That will help me a lot. If you remember, can you leave a mail after your consultation at: varshney.neer@gmail.com
No one knows how to be you, better than you.
  •  

Fresas con Nata

Quote from: Richenda on July 11, 2016, 05:13:35 AM

Do you plan on getting FFS and VFS at the same time? That would be really awesome...
  •  

Richenda

I'm having an orchiectomy to begin with but would be open to having both FFS and VFS same time. I think Warlockmaker did this?

p.s. Meera: brilliant - I will do x
  •  

warlockmaker

PAI has a group of surgeons that excell in different surgeries. They also have certain surgeons that do more Asians and surgeons that are better with Caucasians. I've asked Jessie about VFS and will be going in for my 6 month checkup and will follow up...but Richenda will be there also so both of us will pursue this.

It's a one stop surgery clinic with world class proven surgeons ...don't think the other surgeons elsewhere can do this as their huge egos prevents co operation .

I had ffs, srs and ba with 3 surgeons at the same time and thus significantly the GA time.

•