Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I have been wearing sports bras but...

Started by KristyWalker, February 25, 2016, 12:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KristyWalker

I recently bought some bras from Victoria Secret and I got the size jokingly wrong I don't even know where to start finding the right place to start to find the right size I am 5 feet 11 inches tall and weigh 175 pounds most of it in my belly I am slim everywhere else and my breast forms I have to sets are C and D. I am going to the store to exchange them on Friday  (I bought them online) any ideas on where I should start with size?

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

[/url]
  •  

Dena

Every catalog has a sizing chart that tells you how to measure your body so you can order the correct size clothes. There are two different ways to measure bra sizes but the one I have had the best luck with is under the breast and at the fullest part. Because you are using forms, the under breast number is the one you are interested in. If you are going to the store, it's possible they will measure you. I am the wrong size for Victorias Secret so I have never shopped there.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

sparrow

Yeah, victoria's secret is the worst... they have a very narrow band of sizes.  Department stores are great.  In-person it can be intimidating, but I've had pretty good success when I've gone dressed femme.  Also, their online stores have a much better selection at a more reasonable price than victoria's secret.
  •  

KristyWalker

Thank you! I forgot to mention as of now I want to have bras that fit without my breast forms because I find the forms to hot to wear for an extended basis and my sports bras work when wearing them. I was thinking about this while walking my dog after posting the question and reading reading your reply so being measured with out them should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

[/url]
  •  

AnonyMs

Try this place, heaps of info

https://www.>-bleeped-<.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide
  •  

Meghan

Quote from: sparrow on February 25, 2016, 01:02:56 AM
Yeah, victoria's secret is the worst... they have a very narrow band of sizes.  Department stores are great.  In-person it can be intimidating, but I've had pretty good success when I've gone dressed femme.  Also, their online stores have a much better selection at a more reasonable price than victoria's secret.
I never have any problem getting my bra fit at Macy or any department store lingerie. Sales clerk always glad to help me get the right size.

Luanne

Meghan Pham: MtF Transgender, Transsexual, Transwoman, social justice, Caregivers, Certified Nurse Assistant
  •  

Ms DeeDee

VS measures over the bust and subtracts, a crazy method that results in many women having bras that are far too small and they size their bras strange too to ensure that women look like they're spilling out of them (and they know that most women incorrectly think that a C cup is average, which gets factored into their sizing).  Use the under the bust measuring method or go to a place like Nordstrom that has a good reputation for bra fitting or Kohls where you can try on bras without the dressing room Nazis questioning you.  I find the forms don't live up to the labelled sizes (cup sizes are relative to chest sizes, so a 34D and a 44D are quite different) so you may have to wear a smaller cup size bra than the forms are rated for or use extra padding.

Hugs,
DeeDee
  •  

V M

Hi friends  :police:

It is fairly common knowledge that various companies often use their own sizing methods for everything a person could wear from undergarments and clothing to hats and shoes

If something works for you, that's great and I'm sure everyone would love to know about it  :icon_chick:  But there is no reason to bash other companies, please keep in mind that bashing others is against site rules

Any more bashing of others will result in the topic becoming locked and warning levels will be issued

Thank you

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

cheryl reeves

My favorite bra these days are geni bras they have built card board forms you can take out when washing them. I have some b cup forms my wife bought me at V.S. they fit inside the bra and with the cutouts I can achieve a c cup.
  •