Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

FtM at all girls school

Started by elliot 56, February 28, 2016, 08:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elliot 56

So nobody knows that I'm transgender and going to an all girls school really depresses me. I want to tell someone there however i fear they'll kick me out. Should I tell anyone or is this one of the things that can ruin my future forever?
  •  

LordKAT

I don't know about ruining your future, it can be bad to be in a place where you are totally uncomfortable. Are there no none segregated schools you could attend?
  •  

Matthew

Quote from: elliot 56 on February 28, 2016, 08:03:56 PM
So nobody knows that I'm transgender and going to an all girls school really depresses me. I want to tell someone there however i fear they'll kick me out. Should I tell anyone or is this one of the things that can ruin my future forever?

I know 4 transmen at a local all girl's school - all of them are out and 3 of them have their preferred names on the register, I think some have even been able to legally change their name and remain at the school.

Legally, your gender will remain female until you have it changed following gender therapy (and possibly other restrictions depending on your location). The school should not be allowed to kick you out for being trans, doing so would surely be discrimination.

•  

DiamondBladee

Quote from: Matthew on February 29, 2016, 05:41:01 AM
I know 4 transmen at a local all girl's school - all of them are out and 3 of them have their preferred names on the register, I think some have even been able to legally change their name and remain at the school.

Legally, your gender will remain female until you have it changed following gender therapy (and possibly other restrictions depending on your location). The school should not be allowed to kick you out for being trans, doing so would surely be discrimination.

Exactly this.
~ Ana Maria
  •  

Kylo

If it depresses you is it a good idea to stay?

I went to an all-boys school in sixth form for two years. They allowed girls in the sixth but there wasn't many of them, the effect was largely that I was attending a boy's only school. I hated high school but my two years in sixth were fantastic. Much more relaxed and I actually had fun, and friends... that I made almost immediately and went out clubbing and drinking with. For the first time in my school life I wasn't on edge and growing shoulder knots. I didn't know at the time why I felt so comfortable but after that experience I'd say it DOES make a difference which school you attend, some are awful and the experience will end up a bad memory... and some can be great, if you make the effort to make the change and find a school that suits you better.

I'm just gonna suggest here that an all-girl's school is intimidating even for girls, never mind for an FTM. My father wanted me to attend an all-girl's private school at one point and I said hell no. I'm not sure how you'll become comfortable in that environment whether you tell anyone or not?
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •