Main Menu

What Decent People Do

Started by suzifrommd, March 14, 2016, 10:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzifrommd

What Decent People Do

Suzi Chase, 3/14/2016

https://www.susans.org/2016/03/14/what-decent-people-do/

I've never been with someone who is on my wavelength like he is. He seems to know exactly when I need a backrub, when I need a pep-talk, even when I need some space. He regularly tells me he loves me and shows it in his smiles, kisses, and warm glances whether he knows I'm looking or not.

And the biggest thing? Get this. Not only is he okay that I'm trans, that I spent my first 20 years as a male, but he doesn't shy away from the topic. Occasionally he'll ask me a question about how things were back then. So many other men said they were OK with it, but they really meant only if the subject doesn't come up and they never heard about it or thought of it. Couple-Holding-Hands. In so many ways, this is my dream relationship.

Or it was, until Saturday.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Tech_Nymph

Omigosh now I need to blow my nose and wipe my eyes.
  •  

DAWN MID GIRL

Always love your self for your special  :-*
  •  

Tysilio

Hmph. Suzi, you've written a story that moved even a grumpy old fart like me.  Who among us doesn't want to love and be loved like that?

I liked that Patrick has confidence that his daughter will come around. If he raised her, she will, too.
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

IdontEven

That was beautiful, and beautifully written. You built up the tension quite adeptly, to the point I was dreading the other shoe dropping. Then when it didn't go horribly and even turned out quite well it was such a sense of relief.

Thank you for sharing that.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
  •