Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

If you're world translated into music what kind would it be?

Started by AwaimesunoRyu, March 26, 2016, 05:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AwaimesunoRyu

This was an interesting thought I had on my mind while I was searching around the website reading peoples posts, stories, etc. When I write, the few times that I do in length if ever, I'm always listening to music. So to answer my own question, my world would be filled with soundtrack music. Since there are no words I can place whatever words to the music that I like. Makes it easier for me to get out whatever thought I have. Plus depending on the type of music, tone, movement, etc I can really get emotions out that I could never under a normal conversation. At this particular point in time the only reason I ever cry is when I listen to music.

Written while listening to James Horner Apollo 13 soundtrack - Lunar Dreams
  •  

Dee Marshall

Something by Gin Wigmore that she hasn't written yet. I have a lot of anger towards Fate and the situation it's put me and the ones I love in, even though most of them have stepped up wonderfully.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Deborah

Mine varies a lot but my music is playing almost all day.

When I'm feeling energetic or working out it's 70's Rock and Metal.

When I'm feeling rebellious, which is a lot, it's 60's and 70's protest songs, especially Bob Dylan and John Lennon.

When I want to concentrate or when it's bedtime its either New Age or Jazz.

When I'm just plain feeling good or when I'm feeling melancholy it's Gothic Metal, primarily symphonic, or often Fleetwood Mac.  I'm not really sure how those are connected in my mind although it's probably the strong female vocals.  They brighten my mood.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

BlonT

The world i live in i hear music of betrayal, powerlessness, oppression and slavery.
The world I want to live in, spring, sun, friendship and trust in people.
  •  

SophieD

•  

autumn08

Frederic Chopin's honesty and understanding, but less embellished. Piotr Tchaikovsky's melodies, but with more cohesion between sections. Sergei Rachmaninoff's stoicism, but less erratic. Antonin Dvorak's beauty, but with more understatement and depth. Also, it should performed by a duo of Kabarnos Nikodimos and Arthur Rubinstein, with words written by Leo Tolstoy. 
  •  

Tristyn

It would be a trashy, jumbled, messy cross between gangsta rap and heavy metal because they're very angry and I am very angry most of the time. Lol!!
  •  

CalmRage

one of Frank Zappa's rather intricate, manic, hard-to-play instrumentals with tons of twists and turns
  •  

AwaimesunoRyu

Seems like a lot of interesting worlds. I wished there was a way to make this a reality so I can experience each of these worlds. Too bad I can't find a piece of music for the world I'm soaking in right now. Oh the wonders of the human body. So elusive, understated, complicated, simple, yet I can't figure anything out.

-head explodes-
  •  

SanaRinomi

When I have bad (Like being angry) moments it would be: Birdy - Skinny Love (Vanic Remix)

When I'm sad it would be:  Half-Life 2 - Triage at Dawn -Remix- Path of Borealis

or: Syrsa- The Banished Within The Edmyron

When I'm happy: DEAF KEV - Invincible [NCS Release]

When I'm surprised (Happy suprised): Bangarang by Skrillex

When I'm surprised (Sad surprised): Vexare - Rattlesnakes

When I'm depressed:Emotional Dark Music - The Eternal Forest

And like Peep said: Lots and Lots of Queen

Love, Sarina!
  •  

FreyasRedemption

My whole existence could be summed up with "Hope is an Anchor" and "Wolfstack Lights" from the Sunless Sea OST. Also a little bit of the "Opening Screen" music.
There is a better tomorrow.
  •  

Tysilio

My "soundtrack" is mostly Kurt Weill, usually Brecht/Weill songs from 3d opera or Mahagonny: great music with lots of irony and anti-capitalism...  or Bach, if I want to organize my brain cells... or Philip Glass, for those OCD times.

But the universe I'd like to live in is the one where Yo Yo Ma plays solo at half-time at the Superbowl... and the place is so quiet you can hear a pin drop.
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •