News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Baptist group protests North Carolina transgender law

Started by traci_k, March 29, 2016, 06:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

traci_k

Baptist group protests North Carolina transgender law

https://baptistnews.com/2016/03/28/baptist-group-protests-north-carolina-transgender-law/

Baptist News Global
Bob Allen  |  March 28, 2016

Alliance of Baptists President Michael Castle said March 25 he will ask the leaders at the progressive fellowship's upcoming annual gathering to consider moving the 2017 annual meeting away from North Carolina in light of a new state law that bars municipalities from enacting LGBT protections.
Mike Castle

Castle, senior pastor of Harmony Creek Church in Dayton, Ohio, said he will ask the Alliance board of directors and Alliance community when they meet April 8-10 in St. Louis whether they should move next year's meeting in Raleigh, N.C., "as an act of protest and solidarity with justice organizations, religious communities and businesses who are rising up to say 'no' to discrimination, fear and hate."

A voice of reason crying out in the wilderness! Though I can't imagine this group has too many members but it's good to see some progressives in the Baptist faith!
Traci Melissa Knight
  •  

Dee Marshall

It's always good to remember that we have friends as well as enemies in the most unlikely places. I was astounded at the friendly, accepting welcome I get at work from people at work who are fundamentalist, poor, and poorly educated. Many of them are even Republicans!
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

KarlMars

Quote from: Dee Marshall on March 29, 2016, 09:08:35 AM
It's always good to remember that we have friends as well as enemies in the most unlikely places. I was astounded at the friendly, accepting welcome I get at work from people at work who are fundamentalist, poor, and poorly educated. Many of them are even Republicans!

I have some wonderful christian religious friends who assume trans and gay are lifestyle choices and don't understand how God could have made us this way. The same people have told me my personal relationship with Christ is more important than the bible. That's how I know I'm ok with God- my personal relationship with Christ.

AnonyMs

Quote from: alienbodybuilder on April 07, 2016, 08:53:35 PM
I have some wonderful christian religious friends who assume trans and gay are lifestyle choices and don't understand how God could have made us this way. The same people have told me my personal relationship with Christ is more important than the bible. That's how I know I'm ok with God- my personal relationship with Christ.

Anyone who thinks being gay is a lifestyle choice must be somewhat gay themselves.
  •  

KarlMars

Quote from: AnonyMs on April 07, 2016, 09:00:24 PM
Anyone who thinks being gay is a lifestyle choice must be somewhat gay themselves.

I'm not certain of their psychology. I always wondered is because they see it as some threat to human breeding and evolution.