Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Most and Least favorite actors.

Started by KarlMars, April 01, 2016, 10:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlMars

I don't know if anyone else has actors they absolutely can't stand.

Actors that annoy me the most are: Ben Stiller, Adams Sandler, Owen Wilson.

Favorite actors: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Daniel Craig, Alexander Godunov, Chirstopher Lloyd

I also love Anderson Cooper, but he's not an actor.

Deborah

I think my favorite actor is Tom Hanks.  He seems to play any part perfectly and totally believably.  Some actors, like the ones that annoy you, seem like the same character no matter what part they are playing.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

big kim

Favourites Sam Elliott, Kim Coates, Tommy Flanagan, Ray Winstone
Least favourite Nicholas Cage
  •  

KarlMars

Quote from: Deborah on April 01, 2016, 10:39:19 PM
I think my favorite actor is Tom Hanks.  He seems to play any part perfectly and totally believably.  Some actors, like the ones that annoy you, seem like the same character no matter what part they are playing.

Sapere Aude

That's a good observation about the actors that annoy me. I also like Tom Hanks. He's a good actor too.

Elis

Favourite- Tom Hanks (for the same reason); Simon Pegg; Ellen Page; Alexander Skarsgaard  (handsome as hell); Christian Bale; Maggie Smith; Olivia Coleman

Least favourite- Adam Sandler; Nicholas Cage; Jonas Hill (I don't get the hype, he plays the same crude character in every film); Mark Wahlberg; Johnny Depp (he was great in his earlier roles but seems to now just place the same strange character in every film, he seems to have given up)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Tysilio

Favorites: Mark Rylance and Helen Mirren

Unfavorite: Rowan Atkinson -- fingernails on a blackboard!
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

Elis

Quote from: Tysilio on April 02, 2016, 10:48:14 AM
Favorites: Mark Rylance and Helen Mirren

Unfavorite: Rowan Atkinson -- fingernails on a blackboard!

Forgot Helen Mirren and Meryl Streep for my favourite actors list  :o.

Tysillo- how can you dislike Rowan Atkinson. Blackadder is one of the funniest tv shows ever made :)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Tysilio

Blackadder I can deal with, and it is funny at times, but I guess it's worn thin for me.

Mr. Bean...  I'd rather be locked in a small room with Donald Trump than watch that. Well, OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration....  but not that much.

BIG YES to Meryl Streep, though!!  I was thinking earlier that I should've included her.
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

KarlMars

Quote from: Elis on April 02, 2016, 10:30:30 AM
Favourite- Tom Hanks (for the same reason); Simon Pegg; Ellen Page; Alexander Skarsgaard  (handsome as hell); Christian Bale; Maggie Smith; Olivia Coleman

Least favourite- Adam Sandler; Nicholas Cage; Jonas Hill (I don't get the hype, he plays the same crude character in every film); Mark Wahlberg; Johnny Depp (he was great in his earlier roles but seems to now just place the same strange character in every film, he seems to have given up)

I don't care much for Johnny Depp either.

autumn08

Favorite:

Clint Eastwood, Jack Nicholson, Judi Dench, Russell Crowe, Charlie Chaplin, Javier Bardem, James Gandolfini, Michael Caine, Helena Bonham Carter, and Liam Neeson.

Most Disliked:

Steven Seagal.
  •  

autumn08

I forgot to add Daniel Olbrychski and Kristin Scott Thomas in favorites.
  •  

HappyMoni

My favorite, Barney Rubble. What an actor!  Old timers, Jimmy Stewart and Cary Grant.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Cindi Jones

I have too many favorites to mention. As for those who don't make that list? I don't remember who they are. Seriously. Their names don't deserve the limited real estate in my brain.
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

big kim

Katharine Ross though it's a long time since I saw any new films of her
  •  

Laura_Squirrel

Faves (Film & TV since I only watch small amounts of both):

Kevin James (Only on King Of Queens. I hate his films)
Joe Pesci
Jerry Seinfeld
Jerry Stiller
Dave Foley
Bruce Mcculloch

Here's the ones that I hate with a passion:

Will Ferrell
Chris Farley
Adam Sandler
David Spade
  •  

AshtonRose626

I can't really stand Adam Sandler but I have a lot of favorites including: Leigh Whannell, Cary Elwes, Misha Collins, Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalacki, Matt Damon and Tom Cruise!

"Good doesn't lead to good, nor bad to bad. People who steal, don't get caught, live the good life. Others lie, cheat and get elected" - Jigsaw
  •  

KarlMars

Quote from: autumn08 on April 04, 2016, 02:07:14 PM
Favorite:

Clint Eastwood, Jack Nicholson, Judi Dench, Russell Crowe, Charlie Chaplin, Javier Bardem, James Gandolfini, Michael Caine, Helena Bonham Carter, and Liam Neeson.

Most Disliked:

Steven Seagal.

It's off topic, but I like that painting. Is it an Edgar Degas?

KarlMars

Quote from: AshtonRose626 on April 25, 2016, 08:24:11 PM
I can't really stand Adam Sandler but I have a lot of favorites including: Leigh Whannell, Cary Elwes, Misha Collins, Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalacki, Matt Damon and Tom Cruise!

I love Cary Elwes. I'm attracted to him. Are you?

autumn08

Quote from: alienbodybuilder on April 26, 2016, 12:12:41 PM
It's off topic, but I like that painting. Is it an Edgar Degas?

You were very close. It's one of my favorites by the impressionists, Renoir's "Moulin de la Galette."
  •  

KarlMars

Quote from: autumn08 on April 28, 2016, 02:49:36 PM

You were very close. It's one of my favorites by the impressionists, Renoir's "Moulin de la Galette."

He's another one of my favorite painters, Renoir! Good taste.