Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Writing myself a letter?

Started by Midnightstar, April 01, 2016, 11:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnightstar

So I just sat down and wrote myself a letter a letter that I promised that I would only open after I have gone through with what I've been wanting to go through with and taking T. Basically I promised myself that I would only look at it in a year a year after T.
have you ever wrote yourself a letter before you took T just to see how much would change how more confident or unconfident you would become?
For me I hope all become more competent but I'm not going to jinx it that might not be the case. Anyways I guess I just asked this question because I got completely curious and I thought it was a good idea.
  •  

Ms Grace

We're often so concerned about our physical changes that we don't think an awful lot about our emotional changes, taking photos but never reflecting on our state of mind. Having something like you have written is a good idea. Hope you find quite eye opening when you read it in a year's time.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Cindy

I keep a journal and looking back from when I started and reading my journey through emotions, growth, failure and success is quite wonderful and very affirming!
  •  

Midnightstar

Quote from: Ms Grace on April 01, 2016, 11:59:02 PM
We're often so concerned about our physical changes that we don't think an awful lot about our emotional changes, taking photos but never reflecting on our state of mind. Having something like you have written is a good idea. Hope you find quite eye opening when you read it in a year's time.

Have you ever wondered maybe adding a section for something like that would be a nice thing for trans people? I don't really know what created this idea in my head but whatever it was something like that may be a cool little activity on top of a nice encouragement for people to look back on in the future.
just a thought not saying it would work for others or even make sense.
  •  

FTMax

I made myself some videos so I could not only see my thoughts/thought process, but could visually look back on how far I had come. I made one to watch after 1 year and one to watch after 5 years. I used an old Transtastic video from a few years back as a reference where they all answered questions talking about where they'd be 5 years from now. I decided to make one for 1 year and one for 5 years because I felt going into it that my transition was not going to take 5 years to be done, so the 5 year one for me is less transition-related and more just life goals and plans.

The 1 year was really interesting. Way more than what I had hoped for was accomplished by then and I felt really good about it. It was also good to see the change in how I carry myself and speak (even when it was only to myself). I just had so much anxiety then, and it's clear now that I'm in a much better place. Hopefully the 5 year one will be just as good.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •