Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The 15th Annual Philadelphia Trans-Health Conference June 9-11 & I'm Presenting

Started by Sydney_NYC, April 11, 2016, 10:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sydney_NYC

I'm honored to be presenting this year at The 15th Annual Philadelphia Trans-Health Conference June 9-11.

I hope you all can make it to this years conference and I'm super excited about presenting. This will be my 3rd year attending and my first year presenting.

About my session:

Session Info:
QuoteFriday, June 10th 4:45pm - 5:45pm
Room 123

PRESENTERS

Sydney Shackelford

TRACK

Trans-feminine

Some of us live in areas with anti-discrimination laws for transgender individuals and others don't. Regardless of those laws, navigating your business contacts and colleagues can be tricky and many times these laws don't protect you with clients. Whether your self employed or have dozens of clients at the company you work, instead of coming out once at work, you are coming out multiple times to different people dealing with different corporate cultures. As a self employed individual in the computer software/IT world, I would like to share my experiences and have an open discussion about these issues and more.

Intended audience(s)

All transgender and non-binary individuals and allies in the business world

About the presenters

Sydney Shackelford
Sydney is MTF Trans activist and self employed in IT with her wife who's 17 year old marriage survived transitioning and was featured in Cosmopolitan.com (http://goo.gl/bePgMy ) earlier this year. She has also been featured in local news in New Jersey (http://goo.gl/jKtxRl ) about New Jersey Trans issues.

Registration is free and be sure to look at the hotel accommodations for discount codes to nearby hotels.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

trumi

Can FTMs come to this track?I wanted to send a PM but I am not able to.
  •  

Asche

AFAIK, unless the presentation notice says it's restricted, anyone can come.  Note also that the notice explicitly says "All transgender and non-binary individuals and allies."

Those that are restricted say so in pretty unmistakable terms.
"...  I think I'm great just the way I am, and so are you." -- Jazz Jennings

CPTSD
  •  

Sydney_NYC

Quote from: trumi on May 15, 2016, 09:50:24 PM
Can FTMs come to this track?I wanted to send a PM but I am not able to.

I haven't been on the forum with so much going on.

Anyone can go. When I entered in the session the website asked for what tracks and lets you select more than one, but it displays only the first one on the website. The session is geared for the following:

• Transgender/GNC Independent Contractors
  • Transgender/GNC Salespersons
  • Small Business Owners
  • Department Heads
  • HR Departments/Company Policy Makers
  • Transgender/GNC Individuals that work in Companies without a formal policy

Hope to see a lot of you there. My wife and I have also been working on my website if any of you want to check it out at http://tallgirlsydney.com

It's in it's early stages and will have a blog soon.

Let me know what you think :)

Thanks!!!!

Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•