Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Matrix, the oracle and susans's / Cindy's...

Started by Orielle, April 13, 2016, 09:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orielle

Hi all,

So it's 3 am and I'm having trouble sleeping, when my brain makes a random association.

I spend most of my time here in the transgender forum and often people new to the site go there asking for some validation of their feelings and the answer from one of the more experienced members is usually something along the lines of "if you think you are, then you are".

Now, obviously the wachowskis trials and the themes of their work is fairly well documented and the various influences are fairly obvious, but just now the following line from the matrix popped in to my head:

(The Oracle) : "being the one is like being in love; no one can tell you you are, you just know you it, balls to bones"

(or something like that anyway).

Given the similarity to the general answer to transgender queries, I'm left with one conclusion...

The Oracle, is Susan's or some precursor site (Cindy's?). It would make sense too, as that would be who you go to for knowledge...just like the oracle!

What do you think? The Matrix was released in 1999 I think or around then at least (again, going from memory), so The Oracle would have been the preeminent TG site at the time the movie was written...(whatever site that was)

Just the random thoughts of a Sleepless in Surbiton TG!

x

P.S. Gives whole new meaning to: "it's the question that drives us..."
  •  

Cindi Jones

Thanks Orielle.... as if I don't need something else to keep ME awake again tonight. ;) I suspect there was a whole lot in those films directed to future events. I certainly have done that in my writing.
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Devlyn

Someone on another site is laughing their socks off right now......
  •