News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

{Trenton, NJ} Opposite Sex Marriage Rally

Started by LostInTime, October 19, 2007, 10:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

LostInTime

Opposite Sex Marriage Rally to be Held in Trenton on Capitol Steps Sunday, October 21

PRNewswire

A statewide marriage rally supporting marriage between only opposite sexes will be held this Sunday, October 21 in Trenton on the capitol steps from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. National organizations such as the Family Research Council, Focus on the Family, Knights of Columbus, Alliance Defense Fund, Catholic Vote in addition to the New Jersey Family Policy Council are supporting this event and because of the sensitive nature of this issue, security will be present and families are advised to be prepared when bringing children to the rally. For more information, contact Deborah Hamilton at 215-815-7716.
  •  

Kate

I'll never understand this all.

As a parallel, even if 1,000 people showed up to protest my name change, or the entire state population voted "against it," the judge would STILL have to grant it since there's no compelling LEGAL reason not to.

So why do people get to vote away people's rights to marry? Who CARES if even 99% of the country doesn't like same-sex marriages? There are only religious, personal reasons to disallow it. No legal reasons. It won't hurt the state any. So...?

I mean what the heck, does this mean if enough people vote to bring slavery back, we'll do it?

People are so crazy. They don't understand what "voting" is all about. They seem to think it's just a bullying tool to enforce their personal idealogies on everyone else.

~Kate~
  •  

Izaia

Weird. I didn't even know about this and I live in Trenton, NJ...I wonder how it turned out because Trenton itself has a small, but pretty open gay population.
  •  

Lisbeth

Gee, I don't know if we should tollerate those opposite-sex couples getting married.  It's just so immoral what they do.  And it might lead to a population explosion.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

Shana A

Quote from: Lisbeth on October 29, 2007, 02:19:29 PM
Gee, I don't know if we should tollerate those opposite-sex couples getting married.  It's just so immoral what they do.  And it might lead to a population explosion.

Not to mention all those special rights they demand for marriage, such as tax benefits, inheritance, social security, visitation in hospitals, to name just a few of the thousand plus. >:D

zythyra
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•