Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Process so far with Mywebdoctor

Started by Jestwacked, April 21, 2016, 04:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jestwacked

I am making this thread for more people to see what a great service this is and if like me you are stuck in the public NHS waiting line, or don't have access to such a facility, then this is a great place to start!

Initial Contact - 8th April
Reply, containing lots of transgender information - 10th April
Passed along to Katie (the secretary) - 11th April
Contacted by Katie and given a health questionnaire to fill out - 12th April
Given a consent form to sign - 13th April
Waiting for my blood test results
Blood test results sent to Katie - 19th April
Reply from Dr.Helen Webberely confirming bloodtests are fine - 20th April.

I have just sent over the initial fee, and now I am waiting for a reply. In less then two weeks I have had amazing useful information, signed consent, got my bloodwork checked now I am on the verge of starting HRT  ;D
Less drama, more action!
  •  

Rejennyrated

It may sound obvious but remember to keep a paper trail of every event that happens, including printed copies of all the emails the date you start HRT, the date you change you name by deed poll, the date you change your bank account etc etc.

The reason is that later, when you go to see a psychiatrist to get your letters for surgery, if you want it, the dates that you did all these things have a bearing on when you can claim you started your one year RLE. It will also form the basis of the date when you can start your two year wait to get a gender recognition certificate under UK law.

A cruical point that many do not seem to realise is that an RLE does NOT have to be fully supervised. You just have to be able to prove that from that point you genuinely were fully transitioned socially and legally - and that from that point you were presenting as a female. Then, in theory at least, you could go to a psychiatrist when you were already six months in to the RLE under your own steam, see them a couple of times, and come away with your letters.

So what I am saying is whether you eventually go privately, or end up in the NHS system, the more evidence you can present as to dates when various things happened, the less obstacles you will encounter to your progress. So keep good records.
  •  

Megan.

Thanks Jestwacked, I contacted the same team last week, and have also had a positive experience so far.
  •  

Laura_7

Congratulations  :)

Hopefully more people offer such services  :)

*hugs*
  •  

Jestwacked

Ordered my first batch of medication today, woo!
Less drama, more action!
  •  

SashaGrace

Big thumb up for Dr Webberley and team, been getting my hormones from them for ages and they are great to deal with :D

Crossed fingers it all goes well for you!!
'Yea though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil.' Psalm 23, Verse 4
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Fresas con Nata

I perused their site to try and get some information about ways to pay but couldn't find any. Can anyone point me to where they are specified? Or alternatively, talk about it right here :)

Thanks!
  •  

Paradox

Hello.
I'm also looking into using her services, but I'm a bit confused about how it works. We've exchanged a few emails but she's being very vague with me and it's not going anywhere very fast.

Her website says she can asses via email, which would be perfect for me because I'm non-verbal autistic. But in her emails she's telling me I need to go to her clinic before we can progress any further. Was this your experience? And how often have you had to visit her? (I live kinda far away)
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Fresas con Nata on April 25, 2016, 04:34:38 AM
I perused their site to try and get some information about ways to pay but couldn't find any. Can anyone point me to where they are specified? Or alternatively, talk about it right here :)

Thanks!

Her website says you pay for a private recipe.

They possibly accept cards, and e lectronic transfers.

Quote from: Paradox on April 25, 2016, 07:23:41 AM
Hello.
I'm also looking into using her services, but I'm a bit confused about how it works. We've exchanged a few emails but she's being very vague with me and it's not going anywhere very fast.

Her website says she can asses via email, which would be perfect for me because I'm non-verbal autistic. But in her emails she's telling me I need to go to her clinic before we can progress any further. Was this your experience? And how often have you had to visit her? (I live kinda far away)

I'd presume they need to talk to you, and possibly take blood levels.
For the blood levels you might ask if its possible a doctor near you does that, and sends her the results.
You might ask them.

*hugs*
  •  

Lisa55

Quote from: Fresas con Nata on April 25, 2016, 04:34:38 AM

Thanks!

In my case when it came time to make a payment I was sent an email with links which were pre-configured paypal payments,  Initially it was one for £50 for the counselling appointment and one for £150 Dr W's upfront fees.

Once everything was set to go there was another pre-configured link to set up the re-occurring £30 monthly retainer/prescription fee through pay pal,  For this payment there is also the option for you to set up a bank standing order instead.

The prescription is handled direct with clearchemist and you get another email to the products you need and quantity.  You just add them to the basket and check out with a private prescription, the £30 clearchemist fee is not paid as that is what you have already done with Dr W as the monthly payment, and your order and script meet up in the background.  You pay clearchemist for the drugs and delivery and a few days later the postman turns up with a pill in a pot and a glass of water.

The consult process was a bit email intensive back and forth but equally they lead you through at your own pace without overloading you with reading you may not do.

Ie

1) Send initial information and ready when you are.
2) short medical questionnaire and history (initial screening)
3) if your accepted on medical grounds then you can get the informed consent document to sign either digitally or print sign and scan.
4) pay for counselling (I paid Dr W at this time too)
5) Get counselling questionnaire to send back
6) contact from counsellor to arrange a time for you to call.
7) have about an hour counselling session
8) if all ok you are asked to set up the re-occurring payment the first one due for the first script
9) you get your shopping list
10 you get your pills

Nb somewhere in there you will be asked for you blood tests results but i sent mine in before i was asked as i had them.

Cant promise anyone else's experience will be the same.
  •