News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Is it really a female car

Started by karenpayneoregon, April 28, 2016, 06:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelic

Quote from: Dietlind on November 11, 2018, 08:42:35 PM
I don't know where you live, but if it is either the US or Canada, you can forge both an Elise or a Speedster for the kind of money you have!
lolwut? How.

QuoteIf the brakes of the car that was put away wee good when it was put away, you might just need to exchange the brake fluid and bleed the brakes.  And push the pedal down a few times to break the pads loose.
My dad said the brakes were warped from lack of being touched. Sort of like a metaphor of my love life. I have no idea. Some days I wish my brain was more male. I would be better at this kind of stuff. Still my life would suck because it sucks for all males in America.

You seem to have a sticking throttle cable or a sticking gas pedal.  All that can be fixed easily with a can of WD40.
I will let him know. He's not an expert but more knowledgeable than me. I think it has to be harder to fix than that. But who knows, its worth a try anyway.
You either can find some UTube videos on how o do that, or ask a friend who works on cars to do it for you.  All that should not cost anymore than about 30 to 40 Dollars and a case of beer!
I don't have any friends who are expert mechanics unfortunately. Well I do but they live nowhere near me, on the opposite side of the country.

QuoteIf you would live close enough to me, I would help you for free.
Do you live on the east or west side of America?

If the car needs new brakes it should not cost more than $500 (and I bet they would even look at the throttle cable for you).  But that could be done by a friend, too, for way less money.  My son charges $80 per wheel plus material!  And that is in a high price area of the US!
That sounds reasonable.

Quote from: Jessica_K on November 12, 2018, 01:32:24 AM
LOTUS: Loads Of Trouble Usually Serious hehe
I dunno. I downloaded a game called Lotus for the TI-83, I played it in math class. Those were the days. My mind was more feminine back then, more able to enjoy life. Now I feel like I'm broken beyond repair.
Intolerables, everywhere...cannot escape them.
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Angelic on November 12, 2018, 12:43:51 PM
lolwut? How.
My dad said the brakes were warped from lack of being touched. Sort of like a metaphor of my love life. I have no idea. Some days I wish my brain was more male. I would be better at this kind of stuff. Still my life would suck because it sucks for all males in America.
I will let him know. He's not an expert but more knowledgeable than me. I think it has to be harder to fix than that. But who knows, its worth a try anyway.I don't have any friends who are expert mechanics unfortunately. Well I do but they live nowhere near me, on the opposite side of the country.
Do you live on the east or west side of America?
That sounds reasonable.
I dunno. I downloaded a game called Lotus for the TI-83, I played it in math class. Those were the days. My mind was more feminine back then, more able to enjoy life. Now I feel like I'm broken beyond repair.
So I read most of that as much as my ADHD would allow I can put brakes on a car so if you live anywhere near Kentucky I might be able to help you with the brakes but that's it I mean I used to work on cars but I can't say I have like an extreme knowledge of fixing everything wrong with the car

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Linde

Some females have outstanding technical brains, and some males are absolut technical duds.  The two best mechanics my son has working for him are girls.  Both of them were airplane mechanics in the air force!  I have some male friends who have so little technical skill that they are not even able to pound a nail into a wall
Just remember, it is always bad to talk yourself down!  Talk yourself up and you can do it.  You can be the best, you just need to want to be the best!

There is nothing a girl can't do, specifically if one considers that a trans girl can do anything a cis guy can do and anything a cis girl can to!  It is all a want to do.

I live in SW Florida, at the Gulf coast!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Donica

The Mazda Miata is a sporty looking car. Not sure why they call it a chic car? I guess my lack of understanding that concept is why I drive a 4 door Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally, which they also call a chic car? Like the Miata, my OZ Rally is pretty sporty and handles like a Go-Kart. I like my chic car.

Power to the chic's with chic cars! And the guys that drive chic cars too! That just means they are smart guys ;D
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Jessica_K

Previous cars
BMW 545
Porsche boxter S
Honda Civic type R

Now the fiat 500 twin air 0-60 possible lol
I am a Brit girl living in a village in the UK so all my driving starts with a country lane only wide enough for one car so a small car come in handy
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

davina61

Fiat 500 twin air, hope you have no steep hills where you live, my panel van, Splify is defo a he, not named my Skoda Yeti as not worked out its character yet and had it a year. It handles like a sports car, goes like a sports car yet has a very versatile load space and looks like a brick.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Jessica_K on November 13, 2018, 02:58:54 PM
Previous cars
BMW 545
Porsche boxter S
Honda Civic type R

Now the fiat 500 twin air 0-60 possible lol
I am a Brit girl living in a village in the UK so all my driving starts with a country lane only wide enough for one car so a small car come in handy

How come that you as a Brit don't drive a Brit car?  Here it is down to the part German part Dutch part US girl who drives a 1961 Triumph TR4!  And my son (who is almost everything under the sun - my father in law was a Brit if that counts) drives a 1972 Triumph Spitfire with factory overdrive!

•  

Jessica_K

Quote from: Dietlind on November 13, 2018, 04:23:01 PM
How come that you as a Brit don't drive a Brit car?  Here it is down to the part German part Dutch part US girl who drives a 1961 Triumph TR4!  And my son (who is almost everything under the sun - my father in law was a Brit if that counts) drives a 1972 Triumph Spitfire with factory overdrive!
Manly because I am not into classic cars and the UK does not make any British cars anymore. The civic was as British as I could get. Built in Swindon just a few miles from where I live. Oh and the Fiat was built in Poland no 500's built in Italy

•  

Jessica_K

Quote from: davina61 on November 13, 2018, 04:19:47 PM
Fiat 500 twin air, hope you have no steep hills where you live, my panel van, Splify is defo a he, not named my Skoda Yeti as not worked out its character yet and had it a year. It handles like a sports car, goes like a sports car yet has a very versatile load space and looks like a brick.
She can be a bit of challenge sometimes especially as I drive her in eco mode most of the time
But shove it into 3rd take eco off and I have overtaken a tortoise

•  

Linde

Quote from: Jessica_K on November 13, 2018, 05:35:17 PM
Manly because I am not into classic cars and the UK does not make any British cars anymore. The civic was as British as I could get. Built in Swindon just a few miles from where I live. Oh and the Fiat was built in Poland no 500's built in Italy
How far is Swindon from Coventry, the Mekka of the British automobil industry? 
How about a Mini, (BMW 1 Series made to look British)?  A friend of mine, a 89 year old lady drives a Mini Cooper S, and she drives the thing like a living bad from hell!
I used to live for a year in Great Yarmouth, and for several months in Farnboro

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Dietlind on November 13, 2018, 05:45:34 PM
How far is Swindon from Coventry, the Mekka of the British automobil industry? 
How about a Mini, (BMW 1 Series made to look British)?  A friend of mine, a 89 year old lady drives a Mini Cooper S, and she drives the thing like a living bad from hell!
I used to live for a year in Great Yarmouth, and for several months in Farnboro

I drive my '03 Mini Cooper S all around central Florida. It was built in Oxford, England. It's been dubbed the "Rocket Skate" by @SassyCassie. I just got a tag that proves it!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

NatalieRene

I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS with nearly 115,000 miles on it. I don't know what I'm going to get next.

I have no idea what I am going to get next. Since I don't drive much anymore I don't have to worry about being fuel efficient so I might just buy something fast with a manual, preferably with two doors and a hatch. I'm looking real hard at the Corvette and interested about the rumored mid engine design coming out.
  •  

Miss Clara

LOL!  I've noted this before.  Trans girls get so excited talking about their cars! 
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Miss Clara on November 13, 2018, 08:12:03 PM
LOL!  I've noted this before.  Trans girls get so excited talking about their cars!

I don't know if it is excited.

The reasons I'm thinking about the Corvette are:

• it's fast
  • it only has two seats hence I don't have to be the car everyone wants to ride in to lunch anymore
  • it has a hatch accessible from the seat without getting out while stopped (although this benefit might go away so maybe I'll reconsider)

I couldn't tell you any of the mechanicals beyond what is printed on the brochure and have no desire to learn more.

Not that it matters it's super expensive and I'll probably end up with something less expensive. Maybe I'll get a Lexus or something.
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: Miss Clara on November 13, 2018, 08:12:03 PM

Lol I get more excited when a cute guy pulls up beside me and revs his engine and we take off when the light goes green and I beat him to the next light This is my new car seats

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on November 13, 2018, 10:01:56 PM
Lol I get more excited when a cute guy pulls up beside me and revs his engine and we take off when the light goes green and I beat him to the next light
Even better when he is in a Mustang/Camaro and you're in a "slow" Cruze that's been tuned to what the engine is actually capable of.

This isn't mine but similar speed.
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: NatalieRene on November 13, 2018, 10:08:27 PM
Even better when he is in a Mustang/Camaro and you're in a "slow" Cruze that's been tuned to what the engine is actually capable of.

This isn't mine but similar speed.

Ya it is fun I did that with my intrepid now it is a little harder to hide the speed of my car now that I have a charger
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on November 13, 2018, 10:01:56 PM
Lol I get more excited when a cute guy pulls up beside me and revs his engine and we take off when the light goes green and I beat him to the next light This is my new car seats

So pretty do they come in pink?

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Steph2.0 on November 13, 2018, 07:57:04 PM
I drive my '03 Mini Cooper S all around central Florida. It was built in Oxford, England. It's been dubbed the "Rocket Skate" by @SassyCassie. I just got a tag that proves it!

Stephanie
Are you in Florida?  I am also there, near Fort Myers

•