Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Hi everyone, It's my Birthday!!!

Started by SarahElizabeth1981, February 25, 2016, 11:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

Ha ha that would be hysterical but no way. School was bad enough when I was dead so defo not rooting about there now I'm alive.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

•  

amberwaves

The coming out process is certainly daunting.  I do not agree that you have to hunt down those who don't know.  It's really only important for you to tell the people you think should know.  It honestly depends on how your social group is structured.  For my part I told a few close friends and most of my family directly.  I told my dungeons and dragons group (for which I am the dm around April  of last year)  The exceptions being my half brother and my eldest sister.  I know my mom told my brother and he does not approve, I don't have much of a relationship with him anyway so I was okay with that.  My sister I haven't spoken to (except one time that I got blindsided by) in seven years.  I finally told my father last week and that was odd.  I started a thread about that one.  I told my job shortly after the new year.  Otherwise, I tell people if I run into them if they ask.  I do not hide who I am, or go out of my way to notify people.

I stopped by my alma mater a few weeks ago to see a few professors that I enjoyed.  They were not forewarned and amusingly one tried to hold the door for me as if I was a stranger( I only graduated 2 years ago).  I was very amused and had to explaining​ that I was here to see him.  This was a professor I spent significant time with since he was my advisor and head of the forensics program I was vp of.  All were cool.  Long-winded moral of the story is do it how you feel comfortable.

I have my 20 year reunion coming up in 2019.  Not sure if I will go or not.   I went to the 15 year one out of curiosity and it was pleasant enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

•  

Rebecca

Anyone tried using a hula hoop for toning up your waist?

I'd forgotten just how good it was but now I've finally got an outlet for my exercise craving to get me through the next 13 days.

Started back on it a few days ago and God it feels like my midriff has been worked over by a couple of blacksmiths it hurts so good :)

It's a weighted hoop so it's easy to use but good as you can feel it massaging/battering the tissues into shape.

Between that, diet shakes for breakfast/lunch, tons of water, 8+ hours sleep and my waist trainer at night I'm feeling good.

Might even get that bikini body in time for my holiday but that depends on how much I can "enhance" my bikini top without it looking fake ;) Let's face it at 5'10" an A cup isn't going to cut it for the look I'm after.

Love my swimsuit ofc with its integrated  shapewear/corset and padded bust but bikini would be a good one to tick on my eternal list.
  •  

SarahElizabeth1981

Again Rachel I'm so happy things have gone good for you. I know it was such a relief for me when I was "done" coming out. As Amber said, which I agree with, you only need to personally tell the people that you think need to know. for close family and friends I wanted to tell them personally where I was able to. I did get a little impatient after telling most people and came out on Facebook. The rest have found out through family talking..

seriously though, I couldn't wait to be done with it. it was getting too hard emotionally and psychologically having to go from Sarah to Him.... coming out is also easier when people are positive and supportive. which, for the most part, pretty much entirely really, everyone was. I'm happier and healthier for it.

My dysphoria affected my life before even though I couldn't identify the 'cause. Once I put the pieces together and understood what transgender meant, I HAD to transition. a few days before I saw the gender psychiatrist last time I had a thought and it was sort of an imaginary conversation with someone. they asked why I would choose to transition when I could face discrimination and all these negative things. my answer was simple because if I didn't I would have ended up killing myself. I told him about this and his response was simple too. "he's heard that from many transgender people"

So I know we've talked a lot about bottom surgery but I'm not sure or don't recall much about any other surgeries each of us might want. so i'm sure I would've mentioned it at some point but pretty much since day one there have been 3 things that I have been concerned about. hips, boobs and nose. The nose I was going to do no matter what. the hips and boobs I will worry about after I've been on hormones for a while. By the end of the year I should have some idea whether or not I will need them. Anyway, I didn't really think I would do anything else to my face beside the nose....

today after scrutinizing my nose... a lot. I HAVE to do something with it. but now I'm seriously considering some other things... forehead contouring, hairline advancement, removal of buccal fat pads. lately I have also been thinking about getting ab contouring done. so I'm thinking of getting some lipo suction on my abdomen and sides.... and then depending how that goes I will decide whether to get the sculpting done. what do you think girls??
  •  

SarahElizabeth1981

oh I just thought of something else. I'm well past half done my electroylsis I've gotten lucky and had some really fast students lately. a few more hours and the area all around my mouth should be pretty much done. my cheeks are pretty much cleared and one side under my jaw is just about cleared. the other side is getting pretty thin. I still have a decent patch under my chin which I have been avoiding in favor of more visible areas.

since I started Estrogen I've been obsessed with finishing the hair removal on my face.  I'm so excited with the progress.
  •  

Rebecca

I'd make one last tweak on who to tell and to clarify my hunting comment.

Being amnesia chick is fun but I know I've forgotten people some of whom I really would like to have in "my" life as "my" friends. Just because someone knew him before doesn't mean they will even recognise me.

To that end I just reconnected with one of my gamer friends I was with for nearly a decade before I woke up. Naturally she took everything in stride noting major changes in me as person that weren't there before and even helped me remember at least a dozen other people that I want in my life. She also helped to remove my fear of gaming pointing out I put myself in a game for a decade to escape the real world but now I'm happy in the real world it is just a game now. She's a clever girl and very insightful. So I'm going back to WoW and more for a test.

Back on topic though it's nice having no secrets, surprises or fears. Even with boiling the frog you often wonder if you've gone too far and surely someone has to notice but it can be funny and a bit scary at times. After it's all done your life just returns to the mundane fast which is ofc the aim.

I still maintain yous are incredibly strong as I know I couldn't have handled switching. I was that fragile if I saw him in the mirror I could have been lost again so it was me or death.... again. My world though was very small and by the time I made my world bigger I was finished (almost) so everything was dead easy.

As with everything else though it has to be on your terms as and when you decide you are ready.

Surgeries if money was no object there are times I would take everything on offer but most of the time I think "Nah I'm ok". Given my tendency to obsess about things and think them to death I need to remind myself I'm still a teenager in some ways so need to restrain myself at times. Hairline I've thought about a lot recently after I noticed 2 wee triangles I think are probably male-ish and even went as far as researching transplants but my enthusiasm for surgery is usually a knee jerk reaction to if I ever feel lonely or ugly (hello teenager ofc I feel that way at times) so I come back out of it again.

I'm not perfect nor will I ever be in so far as being a covergirl but I can live with that and happy just being ordinary looking. Tall (5'10") but that's the only really distinctive thing about me and being tall is pretty cool tbh. I've always had a thing for tall girls with small breasts and generally slim/athletic build so I'm more than ok with being that way :)

Until I get rich I have accepted being normal but am understandably jealous of friends I have met that have had substantial work done and OMG gorgeous. Then again I have other friends that were born gorgeous and I'm jealous of them too ofc.

Friends and family have an inbuilt tendency to overlook what could be considered flaws as we do for them without a thought. At times we really need to give ourselves the same privilege.

Get whatever you want because you want it rather than think you need it.
And above all have fun :D
  •  

Rebecca

Mega gratz on the electrolysis.

One of the last rituals I was glad to be rid of was shaving my face.
Having to do that twice a week was pretty soul destroying.

Loving your progress.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: SarahElizabeth1981 on May 06, 2017, 05:51:44 AM
oh I just thought of something else. I'm well past half done my electroylsis I've gotten lucky and had some really fast students lately. a few more hours and the area all around my mouth should be pretty much done. my cheeks are pretty much cleared and one side under my jaw is just about cleared. the other side is getting pretty thin. I still have a decent patch under my chin which I have been avoiding in favor of more visible areas.

since I started Estrogen I've been obsessed with finishing the hair removal on my face.  I'm so excited with the progress.

Its a nice feeling when you can see some concrete progress and know you are finally making good headway. My Electrologist told me at my last session that another 2-3hrs with injections and we will be struggling to find an hours work each week...I can still remember after that first session(I lasted 10 minutes) and sitting in my car and bawling my eyes out in sheer frustration at what was ahead of me and how insurmountable it looked. The thought of there being an end...never 
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Rebecca

I feel that way now. I'm down to an hour but god it's torture now.

Long gone are the days of sleeping for 4 hours while she worked on me.

Thank god it's nearly over as with my sensitivity increasing every day I always hurts a bit more than the last time.
I use Codryamol (Dihydro-codeine & paracetamol) to take the edge off but even that doesn't protect me much now.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Rebecca on May 06, 2017, 06:15:54 AM
I feel that way now. I'm down to an hour but god it's torture now.

Long gone are the days of sleeping for 4 hours while she worked on me.

Thank god it's nearly over as with my sensitivity increasing every day I always hurts a bit more than the last time.
I use Codryamol (Dihydro-codeine & paracetamol) to take the edge off but even that doesn't protect me much now.

Ladies! ladies, You are not making this any easier. I just mustered up the gumption to call an electrologist yesterday to talk about possibly making an appointment with her. I left my name and number for her to call back. Now I jump when the phone rings.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Georgette

Laser than Electrolysis, so much fun unless you are the one getting it.  No laser 40 years ago.  I was lucky, didn't have too much or heavy facial hair.

All these talks about all the surgeries nowadays.  Very little available that I had heard about 40 years ago.  Seeing some of the gals getting it today, it can be subtle to quite extensive.

At my age and after all these years, doubt if it would be worth it now.  Could stand the facelift from that under chin "turkey" neck though.

Or a decent breast lift, they are long gone not perky anymore.  I didn't have one but something to think about all those wanting a larger BA.  Not sure how they hold up, so to speak.
AMAB - NOV 13 1950
HRT - Start 1975 / End 1985
Moved in with SO ( Also a MtF ) - 1976 / She didn't believe in same sex marriage
Name Change - NOV 30 1976
FT - Formal letter from work - APR 12 1977
SRS - SEP 13 1977
SO died - OCT 03 2014  38 years not a bad run

•  

Rachel_Christina

Thanks Sarah, the acceptance I have so far received has been surreal. I can't believe my luck.
I know my dad is still weird with me, but that is him all over, and its no surprise really, it's not even him against the idea of trans people, or me being trans. It's just typically him

The surgery thing ha, it's a tough one for me to think about, especially the face changing ones, SRS is a given but I don't see it on the same level as the more cosmetic procedures.
I too worry about my nose at times.
Maybe it could be done, I have seen some however who seem to pass through some sort of cookie cutting technique and end up looking all the same, and for me this look is very unnatural.
I have become happier with how I look mind so I feel less and less inclined to think about facial surgery.

The hip and waist thing is probably a job for fitness, the more I have tightened my core the more my hips seem to pop
I worry too about all the scars involved
I have seen some pretty bad hairline advancement scars :S

I just hope my boobs manage to get their way to an AA cup atleast, I don't want implants :S

And Jerrica!!! You game???
FPS???
Xbox one? O:

•  

Rebecca

Quicky for scars I don't know what's good or bad for hairline advancement scars but my eyes are wickedly good but once my eyes find a scarline it gets way easier to see. That's my major hang up for surgeries lucky I like me (most of the time)

Yeah I used to be a WoW raider from vanilla before then anything but mostly RPGs.

Pretty much up for anything although I'm now more interested in the people than the games themselves. Started Diablo 3 at the weekend which is so much fun.

I'm a total noob right now but relearning really fast. Guess my muscles remember how to do it all better than I do but hurts like hell like a gaming session is a total endurance exercise.

Think its time to embrace my destiny as a gamer chick. Got a new yummy laptop and not afraid to use it :) 
  •  

SarahElizabeth1981

Hi Laurie, good luck on your electroylsys adventure. I hope it's a short one for you.

unfortunately my hair is too light for laser (mostly blonde) so it was my only option. I'm naturally not very hairy even face wise but i HATE it all!!! I think i still have another 15 - 20 hours before my face is to the point where it'll be an hour or less just for clearing. but that is mostly side burns and under the chin. I've also started working on my arm pits. I absent mindedly shaved my face the day before my appointment. I was like "well they can work on my arm pits" but now that i've started I want them done too. it seems like it never ends.

Surgeries, except GCS as that'll be ASAP, it's all still dreams and maybe....  I think I'll have a better idea what I will get done at the end of the year.

So, I went to a movie (gifted) tonight and don't want to be a spoiler so I won't say anything about the movie but I was a little up set thinking of family members that are having a hard time/aren't accepting of my gender change afterwards. There aren't many but unfortunately it affects my relationship with other family member that are ok with it. So, then I was walking through the mall and I walked past this lingerie store. Out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw something cute so i stopped and turned around to go look at it. it was a couple bathing suits that i thought were cute. I admired them and thought I wish I could wear them. then thought when I can wear bathing suits I'll buy them.

I was already a little emotional and I only made it a few steps before I started crying. So, I stopped walking. A couple min later a couple of Cops were walking by me and asked if I was ok. when I answered they could tell I was crying and they stopped. I talked to them for a couple of min. when they were satisfied I was ok and not up to no good they continued on. I'm not really sure exactly what did it but I'm pretty sure they weren't tears of joy. I've had those about transitioning.
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Yea the whole family thing can be really downing for us.
I'm sorry it had to creep up on you like this, these waves of crying can just happen at the worst times :/
Hopefully family members will all eventually come round

•  

Rebecca

Electrolysis on armpits sounds intense no idea whether it'd be ticklish or agony but either way I'd imagine a lot of it.

My pits were just lasered with the rest of me. Face like yourself was mostly light so electrolysis was the only way to go.

Not seen the movie but sad to think some family members would not accept you.

Tears could be a combo of the movie, the family thing and bathing suit reminders. Whenever I went swimming I had to think differently in constant fear of a wardrobe malfunction. This fear would daisy chain onto my being different (a freak) which could easily lead onto tears of why couldn't I have had a normal girl body. Add that to your family stuff and I'd probably end up ugly crying in the mall.

Hope your family members come to their senses for their benefit before they lose you without even knowing you.
  •  

Laurie

Thanks Sarah. I'm still playing phone tag with the local electrologist to find out costs and schedule a consult.  Went to my therapy session en femme for the first time yesterday. My therapist said he hopes to see me come to sessions as myself more often.

Laurie

•  

LizK

Quote from: SarahElizabeth1981 on May 10, 2017, 02:00:44 AM

I was already a little emotional and I only made it a few steps before I started crying. So, I stopped walking. A couple min later a couple of Cops were walking by me and asked if I was ok. when I answered they could tell I was crying and they stopped. I talked to them for a couple of min. when they were satisfied I was ok and not up to no good they continued on. I'm not really sure exactly what did it but I'm pretty sure they weren't tears of joy. I've had those about transitioning.

Isn't it awful when you can feel the tears starting you know that no matter what you try and do you are gong to shed some tears regardless and then some kind well meaning soul wants to comfort you..... "what ever could be wrong"...ahhh...its a little complicated....(sigh) Families....what would we do without them!!!
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Laurie on May 10, 2017, 11:46:19 AM
  Thanks Sarah. I'm still playing phone tag with the local electrologist to find out costs and schedule a consult.  Went to my therapy session en femme for the first time yesterday. My therapist said he hopes to see me come to sessions as myself more often.

Laurie

Update: Phone tag is over and I have a date for the 18th to start electrolysis.  Got some advice from a couple friends on the forum too.
  Let the pain begin!  lol

Laurie

•  

Rebecca

Like my mum and sis remind me "beauty is pain". Never fails to make me smile.

I'm sure you'll be fine I'm just a wuss.

On the topic of tips when I got some electrolysis on my genitals I used EMLA cream to numb it. As it turned out with Chet I didn't need genital electrolysis so I stopped that once I found out. An intense experience but manageable. Made my face seem a lot easier for a while after it lol.

In the end I'm sure it will be worth every zap.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

•