Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Nipples

Started by Alex123, May 18, 2016, 02:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex123

I am on low dose HRT to combat dysphoria, with no real desire (due to work reasons mainly) to come out to the world.  Nipples are a big give away, protrude more and more recently and are very noticeable.  Any guidelines as to when they quieten down?
  •  

Laura_7

Well they prossibly may grow slowly ...

what about using a bandeau like bra, or a padded vest ?

hugs
  •  

Alex123

I wear white cotton shirts for work, a bra would be noticeable.  I hadn't given thought to a padded vest!
  •  

judithlynn

Hi Alex;
I was on a low dose of Progynova for about 2.5 years to keep the dysphoria at bay, but over time as the body adjust to the levels of Oestrogen unfortunately you will finfd you need to increase you intake/dosage (as per your docto's instructions otherwise you will slip back into dysphoria. After 3.25 years I have now found myself on a transition dose , because without I get quite depressed and down. Anyway unfortunately even low dosage means nipple growth. Mine were fully erect after just  2 months and when I am aroused my areolae and nipples grow in size. It comes with Oestrogen and Progesterone. . If rarely I have to present as male (not often thankfully these days!), I wear a vest and a baggy shirt and in winter a woolly jumper. It helps to hide the shape, but  you probably need to wear a bra to stop your breasts from jiggling to much. Just don't wear a padded one.  For me after 3.25 years on HRT, I am a large B Cup heading for a C cup. Al my female relatives were DD.
So it is to be expected. What I have noticed though is that after 3 years the breasts really start to round out and lose the traffic cone look.
Judith
:-*
Hugs

•  

Laura_7

Quote from: judithlynn on May 18, 2016, 10:17:11 AM

the breasts really start to round out and lose the traffic cone look.

You may consider adding bioidentical progesterone.
Many said it helped with rounding and avoiding the cone form.

hugs
  •  

Alex123

Thank you all, it helps as this is a real issue!
  •  

Rhonda333

Alex- You might try "petals". They are adhesive discs that stick over your nipples and keep them from protruding so much.
I am a pre op MtF.
  •  

Chris8080

Quote from: Rhonda333 on February 25, 2017, 01:58:11 PM
Alex- You might try "petals". They are adhesive discs that stick over your nipples and keep them from protruding so much.

I would be very interested in learning about these "petals'. I've never heard of them, been using Band-Aids but they mis-shape the breast in kind of an odd way and it gets expensive. With summer coming on a better alternative would be quite helpful. Where do you get them? Do they stay on if they get wet, sweat, rain, shower? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  •  

Dena

Just google nipple petals and you will find all you need. I would have provided a link however the google search turned up images I can't link to.  ;D
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Chris8080

Thanks Dena, Googled it and tons of results. Very interesting and will be a big help.
  •  

Marcieelizabeth

i AM ONLY USING HERBALS RIGHT NOW AND NO TRAFFIC CONES, MY GROWTH HAS BEEN VERY EVEN AND ROUNDED ON PROGESTERONE!
:-*

First memory of cross-dressing - age 8 - 1967
Marcie Since 6-17-17   :D
Out to wife 6-27-17  :D :D
Started HRT 10-13-17  :D :D :D
First time completely me at therapy on 10-31-17 <3
Started Finestrade on 11-1-17 <3
Estradiol and Spiro to therapeutic levels on 12-4-17
Went out totally as Marcie with friends sans beard 3-24-18
Estradiol increased second time 3-27-18
Out to both sisters 2-3-19

...it makes me smile to know its me, fearful about losing the good things in my life, anxious about every single step, doubting my resolve, determined to stop living a lie,  VERY hopeful for the future as myself, Marcie, and I am thankful to have this safe place
  •  

Michelle:)

Mine have been erect since starting HRT as well.  They became erect within a few hours and have stayed that way.  Some cis women's nipples stay erect, so I have to assume it is a possibility mine could end up staying erect as well.  I think learning how to hide them now is a good long term investment.
  •  

mm

Michelle:), a simple lightly padded bra work well
  •  

valerie anne

You may be interested in using nipple shields to protect your nipples inside your bra.

These are floppy silicone cups with teats which locate over the nipple. They alleviate chafing and prevent your bra from flattening your nipples.

Unlike you, I am actively trying to extend my nipples through the regular use of electric breast pumps, as I am trying to induce lactation. They are designed for breastfeeding women, but they do give me modesty, comfort and support.   
  •  

Translady

Everything that I have learned about this topic has revealed that it's unpredictable how breasts will develop in regards to their size and shape, and that includes the areolas and the nipples of course. Personally, even though I'm getting really nice development with my breasts especially my puffy areolas, I still want so much more, I'd especially like huge areolas that are noticeably large.
  •  

Shellie Hart

Quote from: Translady on May 28, 2018, 09:35:14 AM
Everything that I have learned about this topic has revealed that it's unpredictable how breasts will develop in regards to their size and shape, and that includes the areolas and the nipples of course. Personally, even though I'm getting really nice development with my breasts especially my puffy areolas, I still want so much more, I'd especially like huge areolas that are noticeably large.

HRT has made me grow very quickly with breasts and nipples. With full C-cups after 26 months I still go through growth spurts (...as I am right now. I fear I will be a D by the end of the year at this rate). Every time a spurt happens I get super erect nipples and areolas and they poke out my shirts too much for comfort. Today while I was out I decided to go ahead and wear one of my nice (tighter fitting) button-up shirts. I am always male outside home. But I had to enter a store today that had mirror glass at the entrance. I couldn't help noticing my obviously bouncing cones as I walked along. I became very self-conscious all of a sudden. It's getting harder and harder to hide my chest nowadays. The obvious problem for me is that any kind of pasties or petals can never hide large pointy cones. I know I need to look into some kind of full compression garments soon. Oh, well....
  •  

mm

Shellie Hart, you are that point where you are appearing much more as a woman than a man.  With your overall appearance it is hard to hide all your female features. Be carefully with compression garments as they can hurt your breasts, nipples, and areola development. 
  •  

Shellie Hart

Quote from: mm on May 28, 2018, 06:11:28 PM
Shellie Hart, you are that point where you are appearing much more as a woman than a man.  With your overall appearance it is hard to hide all your female features. Be carefully with compression garments as they can hurt your breasts, nipples, and areola development.

Yes, I have heard of this. I will only do it very reluctantly when the time comes (yesterday :embarrassed:). I already get too much strange attention as I am. Future is scary.....
  •  

kaitylynn

Pasties work.  After my first go around with HRT in the mid 90's, I have had perpetually switched on high beams.  Used to be self conscious about it, but eventually I got over it as I came to accept that I was just on a break.  A sister of mine could feel my distress and she recommended pasties.  I used them for about a year and then just went natural.

Even on low dose, the changes now started will only be held off for a time before you blossom beyond hiding.
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

Nova_Noelle

I'm intrigued by the idea of trying pasties as well.

With Love,
Noelle
Have courage and be kind.
  •