Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Senior Vatican Cardinal warns ‘demonic’ transgender rights are causing the ‘deat

Started by stephaniec, May 18, 2016, 04:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

Senior Vatican Cardinal warns 'demonic' transgender rights are causing the 'death of God'

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/05/18/senior-vatican-cardinal-warns-demonic-transgender-rights-are-causing-the-death-of-god/

Pink News/By Nick Duffy   05/18/2016

"A senior Catholic cardinal has rallied against LGBT rights in a Washington DC prayer breakfast, telling lawmakers that trans people are "demonic" and gay unions are a danger to society.
Cardinal Robert Sarah, who is influential in the Vatican and holds the title Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, made the comments in his address to the annual DC National Catholic Prayer Breakfast."
  •  

stephaniec

Jesus is my beloved Lord and no one on earth will deny me my love for God nor Gods love for me.
  •  

Deborah

From the article,
QuoteSo all manner of immorality is not only accepted and tolerated today in advanced societies, but even promoted as a social good. The result is hostility to Christians, and, increasingly, religious persecution.
I believe the real cause of this hostility is the thoughts, words, and actions of Christians themselves which the Internet has made transparent to all.  They are the ones who discredit their own belief system by saying on the one hand it is "love" while on the other hand quite publicly demonstrating that it is fact the opposite. 

Somehow I miss the emotion of love when I am described as demonic.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Eevee

The death of God, huh? So what they're saying is that their god is weak enough to be killed by humanity. What a joke. I thought they placed him a bit higher than that.

Also, I wish they'd get a better understanding of where morality comes from. I'm sick of hearing people say that there is no morality in the absence of their religion. That is not how morality works. In fact, some people can't even find a sense of morality even when they are leaders of their faith. This crap is the real reason people are leaving their church these days.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

SophieD

Darn it, busted again.  We're gonna get exorcised now, aren't we?  I was just getting used to this body, too.
  •  

suzifrommd

Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

stephaniec

My faith comes from the words of the New Testament (period) I have nothing to do with organized religion. It's just so sad to me  that they so misunderstand Gods word and Christ's teaching.
  •  

RobynD

Quote from: Deborah on May 18, 2016, 04:38:20 PM
From the article,I believe the real cause of this hostility is the thoughts, words, and actions of Christians themselves which the Internet has made transparent to all.  They are the ones who discredit their own belief system by saying on the one hand it is "love" while on the other hand quite publicly demonstrating that it is fact the opposite. 

Somehow I miss the emotion of love when I am described as demonic.

Sapere Aude

Amen to that. The old patriarchy feels power slipping away from them. Every time they are laughed at in the media etc. When you can't use religion to keep people under your thumb then what?

Maybe real spirituality will result.

•  

Colleen M

Unfortunately, this man's words are going to cause real pain and conflict in some already troubled individuals.  It's a part of their business model I've never been fond of.   
When in doubt, ignore the moral judgments of anybody who engages in cannibalism.
  •  

itsApril

This isn't the first time I've been accused of being possessed by demons.  Boring!
-April
  •  

King Malachite

"damage to little children through inflicting upon them a deep existential doubt about love." ?

a "scandal – a stumbling block – that prevents the most vulnerable from believing in such love, and a crushing burden that can prevent them from opening to the healing power of the Gospel." ?

Isn't the Catholic church (obviously not all practitioners) notoriously known for sex scandals with little boys?

Pot calling the kettle black, much?

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

warlockmaker

I'm totally disgusted with this cardinals statement and his sick interpretation of the New Testimony ...make him no better than the extreme moslem interpretation of the Koran. My family are devout catholic and my sister speaks in tongues. My nephew is a Jesuit priest ...THEY ALL SUPPORTED MY DECISION....

It's these senior church idiots ( that will go to hell) is the reason I became a bhuddist
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015
  •  

IdontEven

Hyperbole much? The trans are ruining EVERYTHING FOREVER!!!!

Also, FTA - "This is why it is so important to fight to protect the family <...> This is not about abstract ideas. It is not an ideological war between competing ideas. This is about defending ourselves, children and future generations from a demonic ideology that says children do not need mothers and fathers."

It would be nice if public figures who call for violence were held accountable when violence occurs, or just for having made the statement in the first place.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
  •  

Denni

Typically when statements like these are made it is out of ignorance and fear of the subject matter. Jesus said, let he who is sin free cast the first stone and none were cast. I suggest he looks in his closet, and then decide if indeed he could cast the first stone. I think not.
  •  

Michelle_P

But I like it in here.  Please don't cast me into the outer darkness, with the wailing and the gnashing of teeth.

It's noisy there and I can't sleep.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Denni

Please do not judge an entire religion on the 10% that do not represent the remaining 90%'s belief's. There is no excuse for his statement, nor should there be, but do not let that be a reflection of the rest.
  •  

Deborah

He is a Cardinal of the Catholic Church and thus one of its leaders.  He also isn't saying anything substantially more extreme on this than either the current or last Pope.  If you want to know what Catholics in the pews think then go to Catholic Answers Forums.  They make this Cardinal look like a flaming liberal in comparison.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Mariah

:police:
Everyone may feel different in regards to some religions, but bashing will not be tolerated. Please Keep TOS 10 in mind. Thank You
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •