Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Was experimenting the other day, looking for opinions!

Started by yokosoko, May 25, 2016, 01:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yokosoko

Hi gals! Finally had some time, so decided to experiment with my makeup! Below I've posted some looks I'd like your feedback on!

1. I bought a new primer to test. I usually hide my beard cover by applying a layer of a deep orangey/red blush on top of liquid foundation, before adding another layer of thicker foundation. The results can be seen in the reference image below

I wanted to see if I could replicate he results with colored primer. For the sets under the reference image I used a pink primer from makeup forever. I'm not entirely sure the results are as good, so I'm looking for feedback regarding visibility of the beard shadow. Depending on the feedback, I might opt for he primer for darkest skin, which looks like it has a more orangey tone.

For the image sets, I've also tried out some contouring with one of the makeup forever sets. Looking for advice on it, as well as your thoughts on the makeup, and specifically the lip color choices. For all the sets minus the reference image, the only change is the lip color. The reference image is from a different day, with a more "regular" look

The existing feedback I've had, is - reference image was loved,

From the new sets, out of 2 people, I had one person love the chocolate & one person love the pink. So I'm looking for more opinions :d. Also the last set is the same lipstick as the reference image

Reference image:

Set 1: chocolate lipstick

Set 2: pink lipstick

Set 3: dark purple

Set 4: red lipstick 1

Set 5: red lipstick 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Maria77

I like pics 2&3 best.   The darker lipstick flatters the hair color/skin tone.  It's hard to say about the foundation-beard shadow issue.   Lighting can be your best friend or worst enemy.  Here it looks good, but outside it may be a different story.  Your glasses are a bit too square & masculine and actually detract a bit, although some feminine frames would be cute on you.   I'd contour your nose a bit more.  Your eyebrows are fierce.   Great job overall.
  •  

RobynD

Beautiful! Great job for sure. I'd also vote for 2&3 - Those shades of lip color seem best at least as far as these pics go.

•  

yokosoko

Thanks all! I wasn't sure if I was gonna get a response haha,

Just to clarify, you're Refering to SETS 2 & 3 right?

Re glasses, I keep getting mixed feedback. Some people love em, some people don't. I guess it's a matter of opinion. Anyway, I just got contacts for just when I'm in girl mode, which I hope aids the illusion (and decreases the chance of being recognized since I've always worn glasses as a boy)

•  

Ashley3

My favorites in order are the ref image, 2, 4, and 5. 5b is the sweetest looking, while the ref image is like "happy active girl on the town." In 5b, your positioning/tilt is part of it, though, not just the color/makeup. All great looks... congrats on the successful experimenting.
  •  

GingerMaxim

Nice... Really looking good...
Love the glasses...
  •  

yokosoko

Quote from: GingerMaxim on May 29, 2016, 03:27:34 AM
Nice... Really looking good...
Love the glasses...
Thanks!

•  

stephaniec

•  

Alex Forbes

Definitely the chocolate shade. That one is flattering given your skin tone and hair color. Pinks and nudes are not always flattering, frankly. Partly, the reason is that some elements of makeup, specifically eyes and lips, must be accentuated lest one see too much of male features. Pinks and nudes tend to be too subtle. Put another way, I noticed if my eyes and lips were more accentuated, I don't see as much of my original self, if that makes sense.

Red shades are cool, but mainly for evenings out. I rarely see women wear bold, red shades except when clubbing or at a formal event. The chocolate shade, and other earth tones, work better for day-to-day stuff, I think.

•  

Gilbert Rose

~Sorry for intruding, ladies!~

I would say that the reference image is gorgeous, of course.
Set one has to be my favorite, it gives a nice, more natural pallet with your hair color and skin tone. I think I like without glasses more... But both are very nice. Overall, the makeup definitely covers well, and doesn't looked caked.

I also love the pink lipstick, it gives a nice girly day out look.
So, I'd say that the primer + foundation covers well, not cakey.
Set #1 and #2 are my personal favorites.

[First passed Wednesday 8th June, 2016]
Well, they're never gonna get me,
Like a bullet through a flock of doves...
  •  

yokosoko

Thanks! I'm still experimenting with foundation options, and each laser sessions make things easier!

•  

jenniferlovescoffee

You lol very cute in any lipstick color 8). Like your name!  So Yokoso means welcome. And ok is a way to say child. You like being named something like "little welcome"?  ;-)

•  

flytrap

I saw this post last night but wanted to download the pix so I could crop your face at look at them side by side before I replied.

I am thinking the reference picture was your usual deep orangey/red blush on top of liquid foundation? If so, your skin looks just as good with the new colored primer. Shrug. I'd just do whatever is easier.

I wish you had a base picture without your glasses so I could get a better idea of the work you did with contouring, but your nose looks narrower in the sets under the reference picture. There is a shadow on your nose in your profile pix so I can't tell how the countouring looks (Sometimes it can look great from the front but look dirty from the side).

I can't see that the contouring made any difference.

I am afraid to wear bright red lipstick. You have an amazing smile and really rock it! It looks kind of orangey in the last pictures compared to the first so it might be fun to try something with a blue undertone? 

The chocolate lipstick works really well on you too when you don/t have your glasses on, but that and the purple look kinda harsh against your dark frames. I am thinking it may bring out a little of the darkness under your nose?

I don't think the pink is your color but we have different skin tones so it may just be me.
  •