Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Obama: Create 'an environment of dignity and kindness' for transgender children

Started by suzifrommd, June 02, 2016, 02:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzifrommd

Obama: Create 'an environment of dignity and kindness' for transgender children

PBS News Hour
6/1

When asked why he issued a directive on which bathrooms transgender children should use, President Barack Obama said schools were seeking guidance from the Department of Education. It's about accommodating the students so they're not in a vulnerable position, he said at a town hall in Elkhart, Indiana, hosted by PBS NewsHour co-anchor Gwen Ifill on June 1, 2016.

Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

RobynD

•  

stephaniec

Quote from: RobynD on June 03, 2016, 12:00:02 PM
He's not perfect like all politicians, but i love this President.
He's done a good job given the fact that the opposing forces have led a relentless attack against him for 8 years. Yea , he's done an outstanding job.
  •  

Loved_PrincessMPLS

He's done a good job given the fact that the opposing forces have led a relentless attack against him for 8 years. Yea , he's done an outstanding job.

I agree completely. Obama has fostered an American society that is accepting and tolerant toward things we may fear. It's the bigots and hate-filled people spreading lies about our community that make the rest live in fear, despite not a shred of it being true.

But hey -- if you're going to be that gullible, more power to you.
"The difference between stumbling stones and blocks is how you use them."

"Shoot for the moon; if you miss, you'll hit the stars."
  •  

pt98701

And the key will be to continue with progress like this with the next president (Clinton).
  •