Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Mass. rep fears a 'real safety issue' from bathroom bill

Started by Deborah, June 02, 2016, 06:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deborah

Mass. rep fears a 'real safety issue' from bathroom bill

By Boston Herald
June 2, 2016

http://www.gopusa.com/mass-rep-fears-a-real-safety-issue-from-bathroom-bill/

A socially conservative Democratic state rep who planned to vote against the bill told Boston Herald Radio yesterday her objections were rooted in her concerns for the safety of women and children.

"It's a real safety issue," state Rep. Colleen Garry (D-Dracut) told "Morning Meeting" hosts Hillary Chabot and Tom Shattuck.

"I don't believe that transgendered individuals are dangerous, but it is those pedophiles who will use this as cover."
---------------------------------------------
So according to her impeccable logic pedophiles are only a danger to female children?  Or maybe she doesn't care about male children being molested by pedophiles!

Follow her logic trail and the only real solution is to ban all males from public restrooms nationwide.

You would expect better critical thinking skills from our government officials.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Devlyn

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I'm from Massachusetts and I expect absolutely no such
critical thinking skills from government officials.  ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

suzifrommd

Someone might break into Ms. Garry's house. I think we should put her in jail.

Makes as much sense as punishing transgender people for what a cisgender pedophile would do.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

jessicadee

What a neat way to make more criminal and stamp out people's rights.  REALLY! Come on people! No one like using public bathrooms. If these people really want to help out how about a law that keep the toilet paper roll full or the floors in the bathroom clean.
  •  

KathyLauren

So, if the problem is cis pedophiles committing fraud in order to commit sexual assault, shouldn't they be passing laws against pedophiles, fraud and sexual assault?  Oh, wait a second, we already have laws like that.  Duh.

So what exactly is the problem that such laws solve?  The purpose of the laws is clearly not to keep women and girls safe in the washroom.  The purpose is to keep us (in particular my sisters who have already transitioned or are transitioning) out of sight by denying us a basic human right.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •