Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Cancer loves sugar... and so do you!

Started by Roses and Songs, June 04, 2016, 11:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roses and Songs

Hi there, you have white sugar, corn syrup or aspartame at home? OH NOOO you're a
walking cancer pouch and you're gonna suffer and die... again and again! But seriously, since
eating is the more than probable cause of ALL ailments and sicknesses, I do wish to tell you about
certain things like sugars because it has now been proven that cancer cells feed on them
and that most obesity problems throughout the world are caused by it, not by fat. In fact, we do
not eat enough good fats, a tablespoon of pure olive oil a day for example is one of the best
things we can do to keep a well balanced system.

So, since it is so omnipresent in all we eat, sugar is practicaly impossible to get rid of
completely and I saw somewhere that it is so addictive that it is harder to quit completely
than cocaine AND heroin, try it you'll see. (not heroin!) I personaly started my campaing against refined sugars a long time ago, I now put honey in my coffee and I use maple syrup on my desserts, and I cook a lot more like I now make my own muffins, waffles, buttermilk biscuits, sauces, dressings, etc, etc... And I avoid prepared meals as much as possible. I also started reading the labels at about the same time and you wouldn't believe what I found. For example did you know there is sugar in cans of tomato sauce SARDINES! I couldn't believe my eyes, pretty scary if you ask me and in prepared foods they mostly use corn syrup which is even worse than white cane or beet sugar.

One solution is to buy 'no name' or 'unbranded' products instead of big names, not only
are they less filled with sh__ugar, (compare the ingredients) they also cost less. Sugar
producers also have extremely twisted ways to fool you. First they started the not totaly true
''salt is bad for you'' propanda campaing to divert attention from their own poisonous white crystals and now they want to sell you ''Non-refined raw sugar, better for you!'', well, it is mostly resin or molasses coated white grains, just put some in a glass of water and if the water becomes
brownish and the sugar whitens, you've been had.

As for aspartame (created by the Searle Co.) it was approved by the FDA only after many
unsuccessful attempts and only when Donald Rumsfeld, who had friends in high places, became
CEO of the company. It is utter poison and you should avoid it at all cost, you could try
sucralose (Splenda) or Stevia instead but get informed first.

I would guess that by eating better and better and by gently modifying your old habits you
probably won't live much longer (longevity supposedly sits in the genes) but you'll travel
through the years a lot better and safer. The first article linked down there is about sugar
feeding cancer cells and it is not very long, pretty complete and very easy to read. The
second link is about food additives, label readers will definitely adore this one.

Well, that's about it but I feel kinda wonderful right now, I had been wanting to say those
things to someone, anyone for so long... I finally got my chance.

So remember, NO refined sugars, eat a lot of veggies, fish and sea food regularly and a
little pork or chicken once in a while (NO veal nor beef ever, I worked on a farm...) but hey, I'm
no nutritionist so check all this out for yourselves, I wouldn't want to be responsible for your being
healthy and full of energy and happy and etc, etc...

Take good care of yourselves, I love you, Rose.

http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/nutrition/sugar.htm
https://www.cspinet.org/reports/chemcuisine.htm
  •  

Joelene9

Thanks, Rose

I've done some research as my ailment progressed and my gut extended about the sucrose vs fructose debate. They're equally as bad. Remember the sucrose compound has both the fructose and glucose molecules combined which separates in the stomach. The glucose goes through and is absorbed by the small intestine, which is fine. The fructose is absorbed by the stomach and goes directly through the liver. It is metabolized by the liver into some undesirable compounds which some are that nasty fat in the gut to those compounds that trick the pancreas into doing things to the insulin producing cells by triggering an autoimmune disorder that causes certain types of diabetes.
  The fruits and vegetables are fine but the hybridization of certain fruits are bringing up the sucrose/fructose vs the glucose percentage. The vast majority of the fruit juices contain added sugar, about the same as soda pop. About 1/4 cup per 12 oz serving, give or take a teaspoon. Never feed these to your baby! The apple contains fiber, but the juice is worthless! That contains no fiber, vitamins or minerals. Apple juice is used as sweeteners and for added tang in other fruit juices. Even canned plain pinto and kidney beans contain added sugar. Buy those dry. Read the labels on all canned fruits and veggies!

Joelene
  •  

Roses and Songs

Hello Joelene, thank you for that wonderful reply, you are obviously much better informed than I am. What I knew about sucralose came from wikipedia (for what it's worth) and what they say is that most of it is not metabolized by the body, here's an extract: ''The bulk of sucralose ingested is not absorbed by the gastrointestinal (GI) tract and is directly excreted in the feces, while 11–27% of it is absorbed.[5] The amount absorbed from the GI tract is largely removed from the blood stream by the kidneys and eliminated in the urine, with 20–30% of the absorbed sucralose being metabolized.[5] This means that only between 2–8% of sucralose consumed is metabolized, on average.'' Whatever the case, I believe that white cane or beet sugar is much worse than most sweeteners (except aspartame of course which is being banned by more and more states these days I hear) but most studies have been blocked or skewed by the powerful sugar lobby in Washington and I saw somewhere that it is still one of the most subsidized productions in the US, why? lobbying again I guess. There's an interesting documentary made by the CBC on YT called Sugar Inc, you may like it although it dates a bit. As for soft drinks, I never ever use those and I don't buy fruit juices, I make my own. As for kidney beans and stuff like that, often the 'no name' products contain much less added stuff but like you say, read the labels and I've been doing that all the time for quite a while now so, seems we agree on pretty much everything. I need to do some more research on sucralose though but since it's the only alternative to sugar I saw in yogourts, (the only place I use it) I guess I'll keep using it until something better comes along. It's so good to talk to people with similar interests, I just found this place and I'm sure glad I did. Thanks for the information and take good care of yourself, Rose.
  •  

Joelene9

Rose,

I did see Sugar, Inc on YouTube awhile back along with a professor at Cal Tech talking about the different things that sugar does to your liver. I knew about the politics of sugar and the government subsidies keeping down the imported sugar long ago. Remember, it took millennium to get rid of the lead (Pb) lobby! Rome had lead water supply pipes during the times of the Caesars. Even the nobility had wine made in lead lined containers to give it sweetness. That was like chocolate syrup to us in comparison. This is a theory that this lead laced wine contributed to the insanity of some of these Caesars, particularly, Caligula and Nero. Both of which were sane when they accepted the reins of power. It was ethyl lead, the gasoline additive that was ending up everywhere the wind takes it to trigger the ban on it.
  It will take a long time for the sugar lobby to go away. When I was a kid in the 1950's and 1960's There was that one fat kid in my classes. Now there are only a few skinny kids in the classrooms. Most of the same brands of food available today that were available back then did not contain added sugars. We got our candy bars and soda pop from gleaning trashcans and vacant lots for the redeemable pop bottles. We got 2 cents each redemption on those bottles. That took energy to get a 5 cent (1950's) to 10 cent (1960's) Hershey bar.

Joelene
  •  

Roses and Songs

Ha ha, oh yes I remember that, 3 black balls (some candy) for a penny and when we spent at least 10 cents, the guy gave us a nice little paper bag to put our nice little purchases in, I was so proud... We must be about the same age I guess, good times they were indeed, I loved being a child in the sixties and I had a wonderful family life. I also loved being an adolescent in the seventies but that's when the family... well, let's say we took different paths but it was great fun anyway. And since I always had music in my blood, what a great time of wonder and discovery it was, I still remember the amazement at hearing my first Steely Dans, Booker Ts, the Billy Prestons and Stevie Wonders and all the others, ahhh! Anyway, I got lost here, I wanted to ask you about the hybridization of fruits you mentioned in your first reply, I eat a lot of them so should I restrain myself, where can I find information about that, etc.. Right now I have blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, apricots, oranges, mandarins and mangos in the fridge, talk about abundance... Anyway, have a nice day, talk to you soon. Rose.
  Oh, and did you hear, there's a new pipeline in Belgium, a beer pipeline, let's hope they checked with the romans first!
  •