Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Transgender bathroom case may go to Supreme Court

Started by traci_k, June 08, 2016, 06:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

traci_k

Transgender bathroom case may go to Supreme Court

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/07/politics/transgender-bathroom-supreme-court-virginia/index.html?eref=rss_us

CNN Politics
By Ariane de Vogue, CNN Supreme Court Reporter

Updated 6:19 PM ET, Tue June 7, 2016

Washington (CNN)A Virginia county school board said on Tuesday that it will ask the Supreme Court to take up a case concerning the school district's transgender bathroom policy.
If the Supreme Court agreed to take up the case, it would mark the first time the justices considered whether federal civil rights law on sex discrimination apply to transgender rights.

Perhaps we'll have a resolution of this soon and everybody can get on with their lives and quit worrying about where others pee. Still, winning over society at large is going to be an uphill battle.
Traci Melissa Knight
  •  

Dee Marshall

I wish I could be that optimistic. A Supreme Court decision in our favor wouldn't quite settle the issue. It would next lead to the kind of civil disobedience that happened after marriage equality. How soon after that things would settle down is uncertain. It would be a step forward.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Deborah

It's also going to depend on how quickly they hear the case and who the new justice is going to be.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

RobynD

Didn't they just refuse to hear a case on a similar issue?

•  

BeverlyAnn

Even if they school district does petition for writ of certiorari, some fairly knowledgeable people do not think SCOTUS will grant the writ.  In other words they don't think the court will hear it.  You can bet the attorneys on the school board side are from the Liberty Council hate group.
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•