Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Hey girls

Started by Petti, June 11, 2016, 04:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petti

Hey you all, been a while since I posted my ramblings here.   I have found a therapist and been seeing her since like mid  last year or something like that. I thank you all for that because I came here once very sad and a member who actually trusted me enough to talk to me on the phone  pointed me in the right direction to get me some care.  You all have helped me so much and I appreciate it, so awesome. She's gonna give me hormones soon and because of that even with my very limited resources I have been really working on transition as best I can.

I could use a little help please.

My voice is giving me problems. It's not that I cannot find resources out there, it's just that there is so many resources! What's giving me a problem here is the concept of resonance. They say I should try to talk from the head instead of the chest, but when I do that my pitch goes way too high like nearly 300Hz. When I get it to about 250Hz, I just get that "gay guy" voice. How do I speak from the head but get my Hz at like 200? Is that what I wanna do?

Here's what I have so far
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1o9jE6m2H9D

If anything can someone please point me to the best resource out there for working on my resonance, timbre etc? Like I said there is just so much I'm not sure what to follow.

Okay one more

I cant get electro right now. Razors are rough on me and I cannot go against the grain w/o getting little bumps or irritation. Any tips here? Also do you ladies got any ideas on how to combat blemishes? Yesterday I purchased some Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bars, but any other tips?

Oh one last thing::: Goodness gracious does hair grow slow.  :-\  1.5 years growing it and it's not even 9"

•  

Dena

We have a voice section where we can help you work with your voice but because of your other question, I didn't move the thread. You don't sound gay but I see the problem. This Chart shows you that you are still working a bit higher than you should. If you move to the 220 HZ average you will be able to put more inflection/expression into your voice. Your current voice while plenty high is very monotone and that's not normal in a feminine voice. A female voice moves over a much larger pitch range and may have 2 or 3 pitch changes in a single word. Listen for this when you hear a woman speaking and then try to emulate it. You have the basic tools to produce the correct voice and now all you have to do is learn how to work with them.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Petti

Quote from: Dena on June 11, 2016, 05:32:20 PM
We have a voice section where we can help you work with your voice but because of your other question, I didn't move the thread. You don't sound gay but I see the problem. This Chart shows you that you are still working a bit higher than you should. If you move to the 220 HZ average you will be able to put more inflection/expression into your voice. Your current voice while plenty high is very monotone and that's not normal in a feminine voice. A female voice moves over a much larger pitch range and may have 2 or 3 pitch changes in a single word. Listen for this when you hear a woman speaking and then try to emulate it. You have the basic tools to produce the correct voice and now all you have to do is learn how to work with them.

I feel silly now, lol >_>  I wasn't familiar with the voice section of the forums so I'm sorry for posting that here and hope I didn't step on any toes. Thanks a ton for giving me a bit of input on voice, and that link you provided is great. I will study what you have given me and  I'll keep working on my voice and when I get it a bit better I'll ask for help in the voice section.

Getting that sing-song-y voice is really a challenge. I tried working with it and I ended up sounding kinda like a Valley girl.

Great stuff, thank you.

[edit]

Dena! THANK you! I have been working on this for like 5 mins and have seen improvement already. The problem is I'll get it sounding decent then lose it, but it's there. Going to keep working on it, refine here and there and post for feedback at a later time. What a boost to my confidence. You made my day.
  •