Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I cut my hair today :(

Started by Kylie, June 29, 2016, 05:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylie

I have been in a transition holding pattern for about a year now, and things had been going pretty well.  Even though I had stopped everything else, my hair was still progressing.  I even got mistaken for a woman a handful of times in the last month just walking around in my man clothes.  For some reason, I decided to donate my hair today, and when I got back from the salon.......I have been crying ever since. I know it will grow back, but it feels like I just gave up today :(
  •  

kellykh

I feel for you. I feel like I'm in a holding pattern too, as my spouse, relatives, etc. are all against me transitioning. I haven't cut my hair recently, but I did cut my hair short once because of my job. I felt quite depressed from it, much more than I thought I should have felt. I didn't realize at the time that I was trans and that having long hair was a basic part of my identity, but I can relate to the pit feeling after cutting long hair short.

I hope you feel better as it grows back.
  •  

Kylie

Thanks Kelly.....yeah, I was not expecting to feel so devastated.  I had pushed everything aside for almost a year, and felt like I had control.  I guess I thought I had beat it :(. It sucks so bad that it seems that there is only one true path to happiness and that road is so much harder as far as day to day out in the world living goes.  At least you have been honest with those close to you, that is awesome and takes so much courage.  I hope they come around as more knowledge is available each day.

It was 3 years of growth down to the middle of my back, now I have a Drew Carey :(. At least some kid with hair loss will be helped by it.
  •