Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

Here you go, please remember to stay on topic and keep comments on a civil level

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Yay, new thread to poop on ;D

So... I'm 38.

It's quite weird seeing that haggard guy on the left nowadays; but it's a part of my life I cannot deny.  Can't turn back time.  Yes, I would have transitioned 20 years ago had I known it was possible back then.  That's why I post this today.  Maybe someone around my age is out there wondering the same thing when I started... if it is even possible anymore... if it's too late... if they simply look too old and masculine to change.  No, it's not; not by a long shot.

If my post can inspire just one person from the late-thirty-something crowd to realize that this is possible, then I'll be one happy biotch!

Quote from: V M on June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM
keep comments on a civil level

No, please be quite uncivil... more fun that way :eusa_shifty:

-Vanessa

•  

Paige

Quote from: Ⓥ on June 11, 2016, 06:42:18 PM

So... I'm 38.

It's quite weird seeing that haggard guy on the left nowadays; but it's a part of my life I cannot deny.  Can't turn back time.  Yes, I would have transitioned 20 years ago had I known it was possible back then.  That's why I post this today.  Maybe someone around my age is out there wondering the same thing when I started... if it is even possible anymore... if it's too late... if they simply look too old and masculine to change.  No, it's not; not by a long shot.

If my post can inspire just one person from the late-thirty-something crowd to realize that this is possible, then I'll be one happy biotch!

-Vanessa

I'm a tad older at 53, but lately I've been pretty down on myself.  I've been thinking it was too late.  If I can get one tenth of your success, I think I would be happy.

Thanks for posting Vanessa,
Paige :)
  •  

Amber42

So... I'm 38.

-Vanessa

Thanks for posting Vanessa.  You look great!!  Very inspiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Jessie Ann

Quote from: Paige on June 11, 2016, 07:09:47 PM
I'm a tad older at 53, but lately I've been pretty down on myself.  I've been thinking it was too late.

Paige - I thought that way too, a little over a year ago, when I was 53.  I thought I was to old to be able to transition and could never pass as being a woman.  I was wrong.  Hang in there girl you can transition.  This is me in March 2015 when I started HRT and me now.

This is a full body shot from just the other day.

Good Luck to you girl!

•  

Paige

Quote from: Jessie Ann on June 11, 2016, 10:14:24 PM
Paige - I thought that way too, a little over a year ago, when I was 53.  I thought I was to old to be able to transition and could never pass as being a woman.  I was wrong.  Hang in there girl you can transition.  This is me in March 2015 when I started HRT and me now.

This is a full body shot from just the other day.

Good Luck to you girl!

Hi Jessie Ann, you look amazing.  Susan's is a remarkable place. 

Thanks so much for that,
  •  

alex82

So... I'm 38.

-Vanessa

You look great. Is that just hormones?
  •  

Quote from: alex82 on June 12, 2016, 01:01:49 AM
You look great. Is that just hormones?

Wouldn't that be nice? Hehe!

Let's see... chin reduction, rhinoplasty, lip-lift, brow reduction/lift, 700cc b00bs.  So, about half surgery, half HRT (for a few years).  I didn't go to a big-name FFS surgeon; stayed local here in RVA with Dr. John Zinsser.  I think he does amazing work considering he's virtually unheard of in the FFS department.

Believe it or not, I also weighed about 15 lbs less in the before pic, but I look chubbier I think.

•  

alex82

Quote from: Ⓥ on June 12, 2016, 03:37:29 AM
Wouldn't that be nice? Hehe!

Let's see... chin reduction, rhinoplasty, lip-lift, brow reduction/lift, 700cc b00bs.  So, about half surgery, half HRT (for a few years).  I didn't go to a big-name FFS surgeon; stayed local here in RVA with Dr. John Zinsser.  I think he does amazing work considering he's virtually unheard of in the FFS department.

Believe it or not, I also weighed about 15 lbs less in the before pic, but I look chubbier I think.

Well you look great.

I want a tracheal shave, Buccal fat removal, and hairline advancement just at the temples - you can't see it because I wear my hair forward, but I know it's there.

Thought about rhinoplasty on and off for years anyway. I'd be happier just getting the tip done.

Would you advise against breast implants before hormones?

I want it done by next month. Waiting to hear now about times, so I can book flights.
  •  

HappyMoni

Hi Ladies,
Seeing your results has really got me pumped up. You both look amazing! Hope that is not too unruly for the thread! :) I go for FFS in less than  3 weeks. If I could get close to your results, I would be happy. I hate waiting agh!! Thanks for posting.
Moni
Oh, I have you both beat, I'm 59 as of a few days ago.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

gnb984

Jessie and V (sorry i typed it wrong earlier).. y'all look awesome!!!  :o :oThey always say its never too late in life to do something you want :)
  •  

BattleKatt

So... I'm 38.

-Vanessa
Wow, thats really amazing!! :icon_surprised:
  •  

Angieisalone

http://m.imgur.com/a/qDnSr

I pretty much failed since ffs did nothing and I still look like a man
  •  

Mariah

Honestly you have come along ways. Your rather beautiful actually. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Angieisalone on June 13, 2016, 07:52:05 AM

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Kitty June

I'm not seeing a problem. I think you look fine.
I wish I had your problems. I can afford no work on me, so I'm getting sir at me all the time.
The only time I'm not getting "sir" is if I'm dressed super fem and it's a forward thinking establishment.
Hell, I got called sir at pride [emoji19]
  •  

Eleonore

I totaly disagree, you do not look like a man at all for me! I like your look!
  •  

ECC

Quote from: Ⓥ on June 12, 2016, 03:37:29 AMI didn't go to a big-name FFS surgeon; stayed local here in RVA with Dr. John Zinsser.  I think he does amazing work considering he's virtually unheard of in the FFS department.

You have wonderful results, Vanessa.  And glad to see another Richmond girl on the site!

Normally I lurk here, but seeing Zinsser's name made me rather happy!  I'm also a ex-patient of Dr. Zinsser, and I can unreservedly say that my own FFS results with him are pretty pleasing.  I had a hairline advance, brow shave, brow lift, and rhinoplasty under his care.  I know, "new" user giving a glowing review and all that, but he's well worth checking into for FFS if you're a reasonable distance from Richmond; top notch surgery at a price that's extremely reasonable considering the mammoth markups that the more well-known FFS surgeons are charging these days.  Definitely the best kept secret for those of us with modest transition budgets but who don't want to get priced out of good quality FFS within the US.

Just wanted to add my two cents.
  •  

Amber42

I disagree!  You do not look like a man! 

In fact, a picture cannot tell everything.  Have the attitude and positivity and you are there!  In my opinion, you look great.

Look at it like this.  You are living as a female. Many people, like myself, cannot do that due to many personal or financial reasons...but would love to be able to.

Be your true self.  That's where the true beauty is.  You have come a long way and you have many many years ahead.  Be happy, stay positive and Love yourself!  :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Quote from: ECC on June 13, 2016, 08:36:12 AM
And glad to see another Richmond girl on the site!

RVA represent! Haha :icon_rockon:  Pleasure to meet~

Quote from: ECC on June 13, 2016, 08:36:12 AM
top notch surgery at a price that's extremely reasonable

Truth; I didn't mention price or results because this is not a "FFS" thread at all, however, to be quite delicate here, will say that your experience seems to mirror mine and while debating on going ahead with this whilst getting the consultation, was essentially sold on the bottom line.  His staff is amazing too!

Jesus, we sound like shady Dr. Zin shills here, right? :icon_suspicious:

Thank you for the kind words.

Your post on another site garnered a staggering 184 replies.

My question to you, Angela, is:  Do you honestly, truly believe all those people lied to you just to placate your impassioned threats of self-harm?

I don't lie; sorry, I just don't.  If someone posts here and they don't pass or what have you, you're not going to see me posting hug-box bullsh*t just to temporarily please someone.  That kind of false encouragement I feel is more destructive than beneficial in the long run and I truly question why some people do it.

I don't know...

But what I do know is that you're very similar to Galaxy; The world is telling you the truth and you simply will... not... believe it.  The problem is in your head unfortunately... your self-acceptance and self-love has (for some reason I cannot fathom) been utterly decimated and that is the issue that you need to tackle head on.  Your physical form is both feminine and passable and I don't say anything I don't mean; why would I?  I loathe hug-boxers too.

The very very best to you :'(

Mod Edit- TOS 2 challenging site rules

•  

alex82

I am also not a 'hug boxer', and worse - my sense of humour verges on cruel. I would not lie to you. If I had nothing nice to say, I'd move swiftly on.

That is an impressive transformation, and you have an excellent hairdresser btw, which alone is worth staying in New Jersey for.

I have no idea why you don't think your surgery and efforts have worked. I think they definitely have worked and you've ended up looking really lovely.
  •