Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gertrude

Quote from: Ⓥ on June 11, 2016, 06:42:18 PM
Yay, new thread to poop on ;D

So... I'm 38.

It's quite weird seeing that haggard guy on the left nowadays; but it's a part of my life I cannot deny.  Can't turn back time.  Yes, I would have transitioned 20 years ago had I known it was possible back then.  That's why I post this today.  Maybe someone around my age is out there wondering the same thing when I started... if it is even possible anymore... if it's too late... if they simply look too old and masculine to change.  No, it's not; not by a long shot.

If my post can inspire just one person from the late-thirty-something crowd to realize that this is possible, then I'll be one happy biotch!

No, please be quite uncivil... more fun that way :eusa_shifty:

-Vanessa
What about from the mid 50s crowd?

Sent from my iPhone, inspected and certified by the NSA
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: Angieisalone on June 13, 2016, 07:52:05 AM
http://m.imgur.com/a/qDnSr

I pretty much failed since ffs did nothing and I still look like a man
dysphoria can really cripple your perception , you look better than me and I think I do pretty good for a 65 year old woman.
  •  

Jessie Ann

Girl I know YOU think you still look like a man but those of us who are looking at your pictures do not see any of that.  I know when I look in the mirror I still see "him" more than I like.  We can be our own worst critics.  You appear to be overly critical of yourself.  I have been following your story since you were posting about de-transitioning last year.  I don't know if us making comments on how good you look are going to help or not but I know a number of trans gals who would kill to be able to look as good as you do.  I don't know if it's because you have an idealized idea in your own mind about how you think you should look and you don't live up to that standard or you have an overly critical mind set.  But something is keeping you from seeing the wonderful changes you have gone through. 

We are not here just blowing smoke up your you know what....You need to break free of the negativity that is feeding your insecurity and love the woman you are.       
  •  

Roses and Songs

Hi there sisters and brothers and others, I'm 58, I live near Montreal, HRT for 4 1/2 years now, no family and no friends left for about a year now but strangely, happier than I've ever been. Guess I found a way to live in harmony with my solitude and to avoid the depths of loneliness.
   So, got my old pics out of the old shoe box and found those two. They date a little, the biker pic is about 10 years old and the ballerina is about 3 years old. I really like this! Two clothing stores I used to go to closed down 6 months ago so I bought many very pretty dresses that I need to show someone so it's gonna be... hummmm, YOU! ha ha. Comments welcome.

Peace, happiness and love. Rose.

•  

Trini

I think I changed a little.  :p

Left: 6/2013
Right: 6/11/2016

7/11/14: Acceptance
10/12/14: HRT
4/10/15: FT
7/17/15: Name & Gender Change
10/12/17: Three Years HRT
1/16/19: Trach Shave Surgery

-----

-
  •  

Roses and Songs

Quote from: HappyMoni on June 12, 2016, 12:41:17 PM
Hi Ladies,
Seeing your results has really got me pumped up. You both look amazing! Hope that is not too unruly for the thread! :) I go for FFS in less than  3 weeks. If I could get close to your results, I would be happy. I hate waiting agh!! Thanks for posting.
Moni
Oh, I have you both beat, I'm 59 as of a few days ago.

Yes you got us but just, I turned 58 on May 8th so I was born in...'58. I'm not superstitious in any way and I don't believe in lucky years and stuff like that but for this year and for this year only I decided to pretend I did. That way if anything special happens to me, I'll be able to say: ''I KNEW IT!''. (can't wait to see what it's gonna be though) Ha ha. Good luck with FFS, I hope we can see the results ASAP afterwards and never forget, beauty is in the eyes of the... trans people!

Cheers old lady, Rose.
  •  

Angieisalone

Quote from: Ⓥ on June 13, 2016, 09:28:05 AM
RVA represent! Haha :icon_rockon:  Pleasure to meet~

Your post on another site garnered a staggering 184 replies.

My question to you, Angela, is:  Do you honestly, truly believe all those people lied to you just to placate your impassioned threats of self-harm?

I don't lie; sorry, I just don't.  If someone posts here and they don't pass or what have you, you're not going to see me posting hug-box bullsh*t just to temporarily please someone.  That kind of false encouragement I feel is more destructive than beneficial in the long run and I truly question why some people do it.

I don't know...

But what I do know is that you're very similar to Galaxy; The world is telling you the truth and you simply will... not... believe it.  The problem is in your head unfortunately... your self-acceptance and self-love has (for some reason I cannot fathom) been utterly decimated and that is the issue that you need to tackle head on.  Your physical form is both feminine and passable and I don't say anything I don't mean; why would I?  I loathe hug-boxers too.

The very very best to you :'(
Actually a lot of those comments were mine, but I think most of those people were hugboxxing.
I had my b/a ffs pics posted to a fb trans group and this is what was said http://m.imgur.com/u1NiJ0Y

Now before you say "they're jealous," I can assure you they aren't. The girls who made those remarks are top of the line gorgeous girls that are model tier. Think Gigi gorgeous types.

Quote from: alex82 on June 13, 2016, 10:25:51 AM
I am also not a 'hug boxer', and worse - my sense of humour verges on cruel. I would not lie to you. If I had nothing nice to say, I'd move swiftly on.

That is an impressive transformation, and you have an excellent hairdresser btw, which alone is worth staying in New Jersey for.

I have no idea why you don't think your surgery and efforts have worked. I think they definitely have worked and you've ended up looking really lovely.
I left jersey and did you even look at the last few pics. That's a man face.
The lower-half of the face is very heavy and rough looking.
  •  

alex82

Quote from: Angieisalone on June 14, 2016, 07:36:19 AM
Actually a lot of those comments were mine, but I think most of those people were hugboxxing.
I had my b/a ffs pics posted to a fb trans group and this is what was said http://m.imgur.com/u1NiJ0Y

Now before you say "they're jealous," I can assure you they aren't. The girls who made those remarks are top of the line gorgeous girls that are model tier. Think Gigi gorgeous types.

Yes, I looked through them - I didn't see a mans face, I saw a girl with a fantastic hairdresser.

No, you don't look like a model - I won't lie. But you're not unattractive, or 'unconvincing', and most people don't look like models.

There's a few words for these very stunning people picking on people who aren't 'model tier'. I imagine most of them aren't allowed on here.
  •  

alex82

Quote from: Roses and Songs on June 13, 2016, 06:45:04 PM
   Hi there sisters and brothers and others, I'm 58, I live near Montreal, HRT for 4 1/2 years now, no family and no friends left for about a year now but strangely, happier than I've ever been. Guess I found a way to live in harmony with my solitude and to avoid the depths of loneliness.
   So, got my old pics out of the old shoe box and found those two. They date a little, the biker pic is about 10 years old and the ballerina is about 3 years old. I really like this! Two clothing stores I used to go to closed down 6 months ago so I bought many very pretty dresses that I need to show someone so it's gonna be... hummmm, YOU! ha ha. Comments welcome.

Peace, happiness and love. Rose.

I actually really love your outfit on the bike - and it's not so overtly masculine that a woman couldn't wear it and risk looking unfeminine - jeans and sandshoes, normal weekend wear. The colours of it suit your skin and hair colour much better than lilac. And I realise you weren't, but you look happy - because you're smiling right up to the eyes, and your head is up. You don't in the second picture with your head down.

If the first picture included breasts and make up, I wouldn't have thought twice that it was simply a free-spirited 40 something woman on her bike.
  •  

Roses and Songs

Quote from: alex82 on June 14, 2016, 12:45:25 PM
I actually really love your outfit on the bike - and it's not so overtly masculine that a woman couldn't wear it and risk looking unfeminine - jeans and sandshoes, normal weekend wear. The colours of it suit your skin and hair colour much better than lilac. And I realise you weren't, but you look happy - because you're smiling right up to the eyes, and your head is up. You don't in the second picture with your head down.

If the first picture included breasts and make up, I wouldn't have thought twice that it was simply a free-spirited 40 something woman on her bike.

Wow, how nice, thank you so much Alex. The smile was because I was just coming back from trying my father's BIG bike so... but I have nothing to say against my first life, I worked anything showbusiness for most of it, touring, rock'n roll, girls, booze, a little occasional weed, money was ok, many friends, a small recording studio at home, enough action to keep me busy and not 'thinking' too much. Now it's the opposite but I like it even better so... no complaining to do here. Someone took the pic on the bike, the other one I was alone so I had put the camera on the fridge using the timer, maybe that's why but these were old, I wanted to put some pics online NOW so I took what I had but I'm taking some new ones now, from the fridge... Ha Ha!
   PS: I stopped wearing pants, any pants 6 1/2 years ago and probably never will, ever. I got much better and beautiful now and I love it!       Thanks again, take care. Rose.
  •  

JLT1

http://m.imgur.com/a/qDnSr

Ummm...You need a new mirror.  You look great.  I do not see a man. 

Hugs

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Angieisalone

Quote from: alex82 on June 14, 2016, 12:39:21 PM
Yes, I looked through them - I didn't see a mans face, I saw a girl with a fantastic hairdresser.

No, you don't look like a model - I won't lie. But you're not unattractive, or 'unconvincing', and most people don't look like models.

There's a few words for these very stunning people picking on people who aren't 'model tier'. I imagine most of them aren't allowed on here.

Most women don't look like models but most don't look like men either which I'm told a lot by many people irl.

Quote from: JLT1 on June 14, 2016, 02:23:04 PM
Ummm...You need a new mirror.  You look great.  I do not see a man. 

Hugs

Jen

You're clearly ignoring the last few pics where my face is very heavy looking
  •  

Jessie Ann

Quote from: Angieisalone on June 14, 2016, 03:16:56 PM

I didn't ignore them when I made my comments earlier and I don't think these other women did either.  I see an unhappy GIRL.  Get your eyebrows thinned out and shaped, put some make up on and smile.  90% of passing is attitude and confidence.  If you start out believing you're non-passable then you will act like that and people will react to you that way.  It will become a self fulling prophecy.  If you don't give yourself a chance then no amount of complements from others will help you.  You seem to refuse to consider that what you are being told is the truth.  You're a cute girl and I wish I could help you realize that.  But it has to start from within.  You have to recognize the beauty that is within yourself and let that out.  Believe in yourself girl!  A lot of girls would give anything to look as good as you.
  •  

alex82

Quote from: Angieisalone on June 14, 2016, 07:36:19 AM

Listen to Jessie Ann.

Don't listen to 'Bianca' - I just clicked on that imgur thing. That is complete f-ing poison. Who on earth would want to be friends with or have a relationship with someone as vicious as Bianca? Clearly not your guy from Tennessee.

Those comments are just not true, and it's bullying - don't expose yourself to it. For what it's worth, I think she and her like are people who were probably badly picked on, always wanted to be the high school 'mean girls' but weren't until they accessed plastic surgery, and are now making up for some warped kind of lost time by speaking in a parody of the way some 14 year old girls speak about people they don't like. But they're not teenagers in a high school bearpit, they're adults in an adult world. That's their problem going forward, not yours.

Why do you believe them and not people here?
  •  

Roses and Songs

Quote from: Angieisalone on June 14, 2016, 03:16:56 PM
Most women don't look like models but most don't look like men either which I'm told a lot by many people irl.

Ok, my turn. I've been watching this subject since it opened and I read your posts and I had a look at your pics on imgur. At first I didn't realize it was a scroll down page so I thought:''Well, she's kinda right, maybe with more makeup... but later I went down the page and I saw your most recent, I just couldn't link your pics with what you were saying, the two were so contradictory, I couldn't even imagine what I'd say to you but just now, Jessie Ann opened up the door for me so here it is. First I find that you're very very pretty, 32 and you look half that but I do see the guy you're talking about, that's because you want us to! You're playing a little trick on us Angela, harmless but still a trick. Did you ever see any trans anywhere on this site or elsewhere with such huge photos, taken so close, without makeup and for the last bottom two, showing you in a not very favorable angle to say the least, so There he is, your guy, cause you put it there. I can find you pretty cause I can unconciously take you out of that frame and put you in a better place but you cannot do that, it's you looking at you, too big and much too close so, we're not seeing the same thing at all dear. That's why you don't understand our comments and we don't understand yours. AHHH, nailed it! So, resize your material, put some makeup on, see your hairdresser a bit more often and your photographer a bit less and STOP arguing with us, most all of us here are old and nasty and at such an advanced age, we don't take very well being contradicted RIGHT! (old shoe syndrome and tiny estrogen fit I think) Oups, got carried away a little here, sorry. So anyway, in conclusion we all thought you had the whole works to easily pass and we gave you a B+ because we're waiting for your self confidence to improve a little. Now your turn, why don't you give yourself a chance, and an A!

Be good to yourself, we love you. Rose.

•  

stephaniec

Quote from: Trini on June 13, 2016, 08:19:37 PM

Left: 6/2013
Right: 6/11/2016

that's a big yes on change
  •  

Jessie Ann

Quote from: Trini on June 13, 2016, 08:19:37 PM

Oh yeah, just a weeeeee little bit. 

Looking good girl
  •  

Jessie Ann

Quote from: Roses and Songs on June 13, 2016, 06:45:04 PM
Comments welcome.

Lovely!  You look very good.  Your singing is very good to. :)
  •  

David1234

Stephenie Pitman review trans surgery in thailand.
  •  

Roses and Songs

Quote from: Jessie Ann on June 14, 2016, 08:14:28 PM
Lovely!  You look very good.  Your singing is very good to. :)

Ahhh Jessie Ann, it's amazing how a few meaningless letters hung together on a white meaningless page can give you such a warm feeling inside. Thank you my friend, you are very kind. Love, Rose.
  •