Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannah Samira

Quote from: Angieisalone on June 13, 2016, 07:52:05 AM
http://m.imgur.com/a/qDnSr

I pretty much failed since ffs did nothing and I still look like a man

I know everyone on here has already been saying this but you genuinely do look great! Your surgeries have definitely worked for you and you look incredibly cute and feminine with and without makeup. I reckon you're probably experiencing a great amount of dysmorphia like many women - both trans and cis - do but please down be down-heartened and please believe us when we tell you you're looking good :) x
Twitter: @HannahSamira14
Instagram: @hannah_samira14

:angel:
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: ECC on June 13, 2016, 08:36:12 AM
You have wonderful results, Vanessa.  And glad to see another Richmond girl on the site!

Normally I lurk here, but seeing Zinsser's name made me rather happy!  I'm also a ex-patient of Dr. Zinsser, and I can unreservedly say that my own FFS results with him are pretty pleasing.  I had a hairline advance, brow shave, brow lift, and rhinoplasty under his care.  I know, "new" user giving a glowing review and all that, but he's well worth checking into for FFS if you're a reasonable distance from Richmond; top notch surgery at a price that's extremely reasonable considering the mammoth markups that the more well-known FFS surgeons are charging these days.  Definitely the best kept secret for those of us with modest transition budgets but who don't want to get priced out of good quality FFS within the US.

Just wanted to add my two cents.

Hi ECC,

I wanted to interrupt to welcome you. Thanks for the information.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Galyo

Quote from: Ⓥ on June 11, 2016, 06:42:18 PM
Yay, new thread to poop on ;D

So... I'm 38.

It's quite weird seeing that haggard guy on the left nowadays; but it's a part of my life I cannot deny.  Can't turn back time.  Yes, I would have transitioned 20 years ago had I known it was possible back then.  That's why I post this today.  Maybe someone around my age is out there wondering the same thing when I started... if it is even possible anymore... if it's too late... if they simply look too old and masculine to change.  No, it's not; not by a long shot.

If my post can inspire just one person from the late-thirty-something crowd to realize that this is possible, then I'll be one happy biotch!

No, please be quite uncivil... more fun that way :eusa_shifty:

-Vanessa

You transitioned very well, and you are very inspiring. As somebody who frequently visits Imgur, I still read a lot of transphobic stuff written in the comments where people claim that older people almost never transition successfully. It's great to show that it's never too late to be who you are. :)
  •  

alex82

Quote from: Galyo on June 16, 2016, 03:18:16 PM
You transitioned very well, and you are very inspiring. As somebody who frequently visits Imgur, I still read a lot of transphobic stuff written in the comments where people claim that older people almost never transition successfully. It's great to show that it's never too late to be who you are. :)

38 is not old! That's some way off the prime of life!

•  

Veronica J

Quote from: Angieisalone on June 13, 2016, 07:52:05 AM
http://m.imgur.com/a/qDnSr

I pretty much failed since ffs did nothing and I still look like a man

Hi

I am an aussie, pre everything  (round 2)and i sure hope my results after hrt and ffs are as good as yours. All i see is a lovely woman, bit down but a woman.

Ffs cant fix jawlines, and i have seen many cis woman with square jawlines (go genetics). If we were looked like supwr models life would suck. I marvel at the differences out there.. and if u simple go to busy places with lots of poeple and people watched u would notice lots of different faces, sq ones , round ones etc

Dont put yourself down and let the bullies win.. stand and be proud of who you are. I bet anything if u pulled yourself out of the dumps and went with confidence about who you are and proud of it and went anywhere no one would guess.

I mean the only reason i guessed from imgur is the before posts otherwise i wouldnt have known. If all i saw was the last pic, just an unhappy girl is all i see.
  •  

alex82

Quote from: VeronicaMJ on June 16, 2016, 03:55:01 PM
Hi

I am an aussie, pre everything  (round 2)and i sure hope my results after hrt and ffs are as good as yours. All i see is a lovely woman, bit down but a woman.

Ffs cant fix jawlines, and i have seen many cis woman with square jawlines (go genetics). If we were looked like supwr models life would suck. I marvel at the differences out there.. and if u simple go to busy places with lots of poeple and people watched u would notice lots of different faces, sq ones , round ones etc

Dont put yourself down and let the bullies win.. stand and be proud of who you are. I bet anything if u pulled yourself out of the dumps and went with confidence about who you are and proud of it and went anywhere no one would guess.

I mean the only reason i guessed from imgur is the before posts otherwise i wouldnt have known. If all i saw was the last pic, just an unhappy girl is all i see.

Yeah, how much strength to just keep going! And from an Aussie that means a lot - the old line, "Australia, where the men are men - and that's just the women".

•  

Roses and Songs

Quote from: alex82 on June 16, 2016, 04:15:28 PM
Yeah, how much strength to just keep going! And from an Aussie that means a lot - the old line, "Australia, where the men are men - and that's just the women".

Sorry but that's not what I've heard:

Australia, where the men are men - and that's just the women.

Australia, where the men are down under - and the women on top.

That's it!
  •  

Veronica J

Quote from: alex82 on June 16, 2016, 04:15:28 PM

lolz, its the only way to beat them.. keep going..

I have been perilously close to ending all too, the fact i dont want them to win.. and my therapist who i see, pointed out.. dont let the inner child win, be the adult.. stop reacting (and all the tools to help work with this, admitedly not said that way, i just sumerised this).. this i know is very very difficult. its only been a month of therapy (second time around) and i battle daily. yesterday was very bad, i am here by sheer will and one promise, nothing more..

beside the fact, like i said if all i saw the last image all i see is an unhappy woman.. nothing more or less. and to all the others.. dang envy here, time is going slowly.

Quote from: Roses and Songs on June 16, 2016, 04:45:38 PM
   Sorry but that's not what I've heard:

Australia, where the men are men - and that's just the women.

Australia, where the men are down under - and the women on top.

That's it!

i love that one for sure.. hahahaha

here the song -> land downunder
  •  

alex82

Quote from: VeronicaMJ on June 16, 2016, 04:51:20 PM
lolz, its the only way to beat them.. keep going..

I have been perilously close to ending all too, the fact i dont want them to win.. and my therapist who i see, pointed out.. dont let the inner child win, be the adult.. stop reacting (and all the tools to help work with this, admitedly not said that way, i just sumerised this).. this i know is very very difficult. its only been a month of therapy (second time around) and i battle daily. yesterday was very bad, i am here by sheer will and one promise, nothing more..

beside the fact, like i said if all i saw the last image all i see is an unhappy woman.. nothing more or less. and to all the others.. dang envy here, time is going slowly.

i love that one for sure.. hahahaha

here the song -> land downunder

Of all the therapies I've had, confrontation therapy has been the best. There are hideous descriptions of it online - where you are abused and mocked for two hours straight. Maybe some do, mine didn't. You wrote a letter of things you didn't want to speak about and wouldn't be able to introduce verbally, and then spoke about them relentlessly. Every time you wanted to stop, you went back to the beginning to start again. No escape, short of ending the entire process.

There are no words to thank the therapist who did that for me, and encouraged me to be kind to myself after the sessions - go shopping, phone a friend and to hell with the international charges, book a holiday, go to a restaurant you like, or get a massage immediately after your session, you'll need it.

Don't end it - that's just you, in a coffin, having not lived. x
  •  

Veronica J

Quote from: alex82 on June 16, 2016, 07:06:49 PM
Of all the therapies I've had, confrontation therapy has been the best. There are hideous descriptions of it online - where you are abused and mocked for two hours straight. Maybe some do, mine didn't. You wrote a letter of things you didn't want to speak about and wouldn't be able to introduce verbally, and then spoke about them relentlessly. Every time you wanted to stop, you went back to the beginning to start again. No escape, short of ending the entire process.

There are no words to thank the therapist who did that for me, and encouraged me to be kind to myself after the sessions - go shopping, phone a friend and to hell with the international charges, book a holiday, go to a restaurant you like, or get a massage immediately after your session, you'll need it.

Don't end it - that's just you, in a coffin, having not lived. x
I do what my therapist suggested, stop take note of what makes me react, analyse it and ask how the adult would respond.

Thanks for the message, i do that when feeling down.. hence i over shop and spend money i dont have.

I only make promises i intend to keep, and your right giving up before i have even lived is no way to go. I dont intend to be the one giving up before even trying /succeeding.

I will keep that in mind what you said. Like many its hard to open up and risk oneself. I just cant do that fully yet.. and when it gets a bit much tend to retreat into myself.. but being a glass half full person.. this doesnt last long. But i have started opening up and letting my emptions show and to actually feel them is part of the reason things get low for me (apart from tge disphoria). Almost like being a teenager again and learning to cope with being a human adult.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

•  

allybabe83

Well i still have a ways to go but here it goes

And it was windy but the after was taken yesterday :-)
  •  

Marissa_K

Wow Ally, that's quite the change. You look great :)

Veronica J

Wow some change.. now hopping mine is that good when it begins

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

•  

allybabe83

Ty girls I still have a ton of work ahead of me lol like taming those brows :-P
  •  

SashaGrace

Some amazing changes going on here!!

Thought I'd be different and do a makeup before and after to show the very rare non made up me and the state of my skin though it always patches like that a few days after electrolysis sessions!!

You can also see the dry shampoo and hair taming working, was having a bad hair day that day!!! It never listens to meeee ;)
'Yea though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil.' Psalm 23, Verse 4
  •  

Harley Quinn

Before

3 months

5 months
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

JLT1

To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Harley Quinn

At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

SashaGrace

'Yea though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil.' Psalm 23, Verse 4
  •