Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannah Samira

Twitter: @HannahSamira14
Instagram: @hannah_samira14

:angel:
  •  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Hannah Samira on June 20, 2016, 10:19:54 AM
WOW!! Gorgeous!!

Lol... amazing what a little bit of time and lipstick can accomplish.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Galyo

This will be my first 'before / after' picture. I'm still pre-everything (aside from two laser hair removal sessions), but because I had my second laser hair removal session today I felt like I wanted to celebrate by looking how far I have come over time.

The top picture is taken by my mom during holiday six years ago. This photo shows me at pretty much my worst; I was depressed, lazy, and had a negative attitude towards pretty much everything and everybody. During this time, I felt deeply unhappy about myself, and I consoled this fact by assuming that therefore everyone else has to also be unhappy with themselves. It was frankly turning me into a really overly cynical and negative person. It's a time of life where I repressed a lot of my feelings, and I think this picture shows this pretty well.

The bottom picture is a selfie I made today after I got home. I'm still not that great at making mirror-selfies, but I think this one came out pretty well. XD
I'm really happy with how my hair is coming along!

•  

Jenny0713

Been trying to find myself since 4/5/16. Was lost before then. Still long road ahead.

•  

Jenny0713

Been trying to find myself since 4/5/16. Was lost before then. Still long road ahead.

•  

soon2b

Quote from: Jenny0713 on June 21, 2016, 05:07:54 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jenny
I like your hair and glasses works well together....pretty
  •  

Jenny0713

Thanks!  Too bad they are just reading glasses. Can't see up close without them and can't see far away with them on. Just thought it was a good angle. Definitely my favorite pic so far. No HRT yet. Hope to start in the next month or so.

•  

Jessie Ann

I have taken down most all of my previous pictures but I wanted to stop by this thread one last time to post.  So here it is, the official Jessie from start of hormones (March 2015) to present.  I have to say it has been one heck of a rocket ship ride.....

•  

Claire

Quote from: Jessie Ann on June 22, 2016, 07:12:57 PM
I have taken down most all of my previous pictures but I wanted to stop by this thread one last time to post.  So here it is, the official Jessie from start of hormones (March 2015) to present.  I have to say it has been one heck of a rocket ship ride.....

An absolutely amazing transformation! You are drop dead gorgeous! I am soooo envious! Enjoy your wonderful new life!

Claire (née Dori)
Claire.
  •  

Amber42

Rocket ship is right!  You look great!  Very inspiring.  Very happy for you :-)

•  

Hannah Samira

You've blossomed into an absolutely beautiful lady, congrats babe :) x
Twitter: @HannahSamira14
Instagram: @hannah_samira14

:angel:
  •  

Jenny0713

Looking great Jessie!

•  

JLT1

Quote from: Galyo on June 21, 2016, 04:48:37 PM
This will be my first 'before / after' picture. I'm still pre-everything (aside from two laser hair removal sessions), but because I had my second laser hair removal session today I felt like I wanted to celebrate by looking how far I have come over time.

The top picture is taken by my mom during holiday six years ago. This photo shows me at pretty much my worst; I was depressed, lazy, and had a negative attitude towards pretty much everything and everybody. During this time, I felt deeply unhappy about myself, and I consoled this fact by assuming that therefore everyone else has to also be unhappy with themselves. It was frankly turning me into a really overly cynical and negative person. It's a time of life where I repressed a lot of my feelings, and I think this picture shows this pretty well.

The bottom picture is a selfie I made today after I got home. I'm still not that great at making mirror-selfies, but I think this one came out pretty well. XD
I'm really happy with how my hair is coming along!

Progress!!!  And jelous of the hair.

Hugs

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Galyo

Quote from: JLT1 on June 23, 2016, 05:28:06 PM
Progress!!!  And jelous of the hair.

Hugs

Jen

You actually like my hair? :D I do like the length of it now and I intend to go to the barber sometime soon, but whenever I look in the mirror I can't help but get annoyed by my giant forehead. >_<

Thanks a lot! It was actually a pretty emotional experience digging through my photo archive.
  •  

Jenny0713

Barber?  Ladies don't go to barbers. :)

•  

Jenny0713

•  

Raye

I have Asperger's Syndrome and in the past I found I use to be very careless with choice of words. But I purposely put myself under the bus many times when to set my self up for failure to learn proper ways of speaking. I failed every time it was so hard to improve my communications, but as I matured I was much better and comfortable with speaking with people. To be honest it really didn't get as good as it is now without going through HRT in my life because it opened up the door to sensitivities I lacked beforehand. I don't mind sharing some photos of who I use to be because it's the past that will never be forgotten nor would it be something I'd allow myself to be held to something I was not.

It's a bit lengthy, but there's a reason why I added a time line to my logic.

September 24, 2010

November 22, 2010
In both photos I was 19 years of age. The second part I was preparing for my final year to begin service as most of the males not destined for higher education it would seem in my family. I had some serious Gender Dysphoria going on though and I didn't like it.

July 16, 2012.
I pretty much got out due to default and started to grow my hair out. I guess the stress in my life made me get some white hair at this point in my time. And I just turned 21 in May.

May 6, 2013.
I guess this was about the time when I wanted to start transitioning. And to be honest I had just given up reasoning with my family at this time. I had only started growing facial period a bit later in my months after turning 21, but started to become a bit more visible after turning 22.

February 26, 2014.
YYYUUUUCCCCKKKK FACIAL HAIR!!! >.<; That took me about 4-6 months to grow to that length though so I guess it was a compromise?!

January 6, 2015.
When I was down... Sam always found a way to cheer me up. He inspired me when I was down to make something better out of what became terrible, but my financial toll on my life all together. So it was moments with Sam that made my time the best. I stopped my transitioning at this point because I had to pull a second job along with my retail position. I managed to pull a different temporary position at a plantsite + dropped out of college. My roommates lost their job and ways to support the household with income. And I picked up an alcoholism issue to drown my sorrows away until I could stand up on my two feet proudly. Sam went back to school so I didn't have him in my life to hang out with for emotional support and I eventually stopped seeing my therapist all together.

At some point my mother moved and I took some time off from both workplaces to help her move. And I reached a bit of an epiphany at this time taking Sam's advice for once.

May 19, 2015.
I guess this would make me 24 now hehee! ^^ I started turning my life around at this point and gone straight to my goals I wanted to work for myself! I went back to school and managed to get an internship at DuPont!

December 4, 2015.
Managed to keep this awesome retail job and turned it into a career! And managed to become an Assistant Technician at one of my most favorable plant sites I worked in the past. I Managed to get back into therapy as well. I had been in for awhile though wasn't like less than 2.5 months. But it wasn't hard for me to prove who I was and to show how I was making an educated adjustment to my life to my therapist. Especially since this was the same one I had gone to before. After all the demons I fought to get to this point. This would be one month before starting HRT.

March 24, 2016. I guess.. about two months in.
I didn't want to shave my face because I wanted to compare it something and so 4 days would pass to see how smooth my face was after a month. ^^

March 28, 2016.
I'll admit I did have a soft face for the majority of my life, but I dunno it's hard to put in for words if you ask me.

May 16, 2016.
8 days before I turned 25. I guess my skin became a bit 'softer' in the 4 months of HRT and it would seem my eyebrows changed a bit?!

June 13, 2016.
Yeah... One word.... 'Clarity' if anything! ^^

And I guess that brings my current image, which I just put up about 17 hours ago or so. Which is very close to my 6 month mark! ^^
In comparison to whether someone is passable is a bit tricky to answer. Because many people will have different examples, ideas, or concepts on whether your passable or not. And we're about to get to my 'personal' reasoning upon whether someone is passable or not so I guess I should explain my timeline to get to my point. Take your first image and compare it to your current one. How passable are you? Well that's up to you on how much you've changed in time. It's up to you to really decide whether your passable or not, but personally I'd like to see some of your older images so I can help you understand my Asperger's Ideology + Logical Pathways here.

An interesting note I'd wish to disclose... I guess since I didn't really start growing facial hair until 20 most of it was still pretty young and at 6 months HRT. most of it became 'finer' for me, but that doesn't mean all of my facial hair did.

(A thousand hugggzzz right back at ya sista!) ^^
Hai Der! =^.^=
They/Them
He/Him
  •  

Kitty June

Alright Raye, I shall show you a photo from 2012. It's not the same angle, but it should give you a good idea of where I've come from.
So here is 2012

And then 2 days ago

Hoping that helps some
And I kind of envy you on starting all this so young. Too many years of T even though it was low. If I would have faced this at 18 when I had a psychologist try and get at these issues I would have been much better off, but that was in 1987 and I refused to believe there was anything different about me. Damn I was stupid.
But I digress.
Thanks for looking and commenting
Hugs back at you sis
  •  

roseyfox

3.5 months hrt i am happy with how i look.

2months hrt this is when i came out to family. Lot's of them loath me but i wouldn't say hate.

1.5-1 month just started

right before transitioning

I rather not
  •