Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drexy/Drex

Quote from: Heather14 on August 21, 2016, 07:22:48 AM
When I look at the eyes of the pre HRT then then after being on HRT the difference shows such increased happiness. How can anyone say it is wrong to do this when the pre HRT photos shows the sadness. I am looking forward to one day posting my photos of my changes until then these photos are such motivation.

Hugs,
Heather

I noticed that too ...
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

galaxy

Congratulations to all the ladies here. Wonderful "transformations".
  •  

Fara

Quote from: Solstice on July 27, 2016, 05:56:26 PM
I don't stop by this site anymore really but I wanted to pop in for a bit and post my timeline.
I remember being inspired by these threads before I even started and want to make an effort to be more present on these forums. When I was first starting out and was afraid to contact to any support groups or communities the amazing people here gave me the strength and info to get started. Unfortunately It was a rough start and I spent too many nights blubbering myself to sleep with dozens of incognito windows open showing different topic headings and even seeing the banner at the top brings back some pretty intense feelings. It's hard to be back but I've learned tons and am in a much better and waaaay happier place ;D 
So yah, here's me+time+hormones+brute force effort..

(Link to full pic) http://i.imgur.com/V9Hi3uM.png

Solstice.. you rock girl ;) love your style..

Gratz on a beautiful transition darling.  I love your tattoo's, and I'm interested in getting some simple black inkwork done myself.. particularly something similar to the straight armband, love it.

-Fara

Mod Edit:Language
  •  

paula lesley

You all look just so, so amazing and you have made an old women cry with joy. What a wonderful change you have all had. Isn't life just so incredible now we have made the truth shine through.

Go in peace beautiful people.

Paula, X.
  •  

Fara

I havent posted here in awhile, but thought I'd post a few photos of my transition so far.

I'm 42yo.  My weight-loss started 10/2015, HRT 3/31/2016.  I've lost about 55 lbs since coming out to myself, and hope to drop a handful more (I'd love to weigh ~165-170lbs).

I'm not full-time yet but hope to be by November.

4yrs Pre HRT
6mth PRe-HRT
1mth PRE-HRT
2mths HRT (Face)
3mths HRT (Body)
4.5mth HRT (Body)
4.5mth HRT (Face)

Today 4.75mth HRT

•  

Drexy/Drex

Wow totally amazing  its startling  .....
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

chris.deee

Wow Gia.  You are a poster child for HRT. Congrats on finding your path. 
  •  

Solstice

Quote from: GiaFarrell on August 25, 2016, 03:38:46 PM
Solstice.. you rock girl ;) love your style..

Gratz on a beautiful transition darling.  I love your tattoo's, and I'm interested in getting some simple black inkwork done myself.. particularly something similar to the straight armband, love it.

-Fara

Mod Edit:Language

Thanks! The benefit of a rough transition was the freedom to start from scratch :). It took a long time to get rid of internalized influences and buy whatever seemed legitimately fun! wasn't chasing an aesthetic but kinda ended up with one anyway haha. I have a few tattoos but the armbands are my favorite and get the most attention. My best guess is either it's so different from the detail-oneupmanship that's common now or the fact that they hold a lot of meaning for me that people pickup on?

You've had a pretty stellar transition yourself from what I see! Congrats and have fun getting marked up!
Best!
~Gwen

P.S. unsolicited 15th month pic because I $&^%ing love this dress  >:-)
  •  

Fara

Quote from: Solstice on August 28, 2016, 09:18:51 PM
Thanks! The benefit of a rough transition was the freedom to start from scratch :). It took a long time to get rid of internalized influences and buy whatever seemed legitimately fun! wasn't chasing an aesthetic but kinda ended up with one anyway haha. I have a few tattoos but the armbands are my favorite and get the most attention. My best guess is either it's so different from the detail-oneupmanship that's common now or the fact that they hold a lot of meaning for me that people pickup on?

You've had a pretty stellar transition yourself from what I see! Congrats and have fun getting marked up!
Best!
~Gwen

P.S. unsolicited 15th month pic because I $&^%ing love this dress  >:-)

Totally get it, I'm still trying to figure out what I like style wise. ;)

The thought your timeline evokes to me is that I need to be more patient.  Do the hard work that I can control eat right, exercise, but so much of it is out of my hands: hormones, hair removal, growing hair out, list goes on..  it all just takes time, just like the weight loss.

I feel like I've made progress, but I still see a very masculine face in the mirror.  I need to be patient...

Anyways, thanks again for inspiration! ;) Yes, I love that #$%@ dress btw!  Rock it girl.  Will post tat picks once they're done.

-Fara
  •  

jill610

Quote from: Solstice on July 27, 2016, 05:56:26 PM
I don't stop by this site anymore really but I wanted to pop in for a bit and post my timeline.
I remember being inspired by these threads before I even started and want to make an effort to be more present on these forums. When I was first starting out and was afraid to contact to any support groups or communities the amazing people here gave me the strength and info to get started. Unfortunately It was a rough start and I spent too many nights blubbering myself to sleep with dozens of incognito windows open showing different topic headings and even seeing the banner at the top brings back some pretty intense feelings. It's hard to be back but I've learned tons and am in a much better and waaaay happier place ;D 
So yah, here's me+time+hormones+brute force effort..

(Link to full pic) http://i.imgur.com/V9Hi3uM.png

Absolutely amazing transformation! I am trying to lose a lot of weight and if you don't mind me saying, your weight loss  is really impressive - how did you manage to shed that much in such a short period? You look fantastic.

•  

PBP

This thread always makes me so happy and so sad.

It's wonderful to see how well people are doing in their transitions and how beautiful everyone is and at the same time it is so disheartening to see that I am still no closer to the "after" side of things 2 years after I first contacted my GP.
  •  

tgirlamg

Hi PBP,

I'm so sorry you are feeling disheartened... Sadly, the journey of transition can take a lot of disheartening turns... but,... two years and no closer at all to where you want to be is sad indeed... I don't know your situation details but I want you to know that it can be done... There is a wealth of experience here on this site. So, if there are particular hurdles you are finding hard to get past, chances are that many here have dealt with similar situations and you might want to explore their coping strategies... There are many common threads between us all and you've got a great resource here.... This journey can be very difficult and it is one best made with friends at your side!... I wish you all the best on the road ahead!!!

Onward We Go....

Take Care,

Ashley :)
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: PBP on September 01, 2016, 05:56:22 PM
This thread always makes me so happy and so sad.

It's wonderful to see how well people are doing in their transitions and how beautiful everyone is and at the same time it is so disheartening to see that I am still no closer to the "after" side of things 2 years after I first contacted my GP.

Awww.....  Hon. I'm sure things will get moving for you soon.  :) 
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

kelseygal

Just thought I'd sort of post an update here. Life has been busy with school and such. While I don't post here often, I do check in regularly to see all of your amazing stories, advice to each other, and OF COURSE beautiful smiling faces 
I'm going to post maybe more photos than I normally might, because this is officially 6 months on both E and Spiro *happy dance*. I've noticed a fair amount of changes, too many to list here, but am over the moon to finally begin to see what I've longed to see in myself since as long as I can remember (I'm 28 fwiw).
Here is one from a few months before starting hormones:

This is when I first got *busted* by a friend, it was really freaking awesome for someone who was so close to me to notice not only that something was changing, but WHAT was changing. I think this was July, so about 4 months on hormones. Note the smoother skin, maybe a little difference in facial features? Idk.

It was in Europe a month ago for vacation that I first started confusing people a bit. I got mam'ed once and called 'lady' on another occasion. I didn't, and don't, see it personally, but it happened and I'll take what I can get :-p This photo was from Cassis (outside of Marseilles) and the first time I realized I may need to be more aware about thin shirts, wind, etc when in boy mode *ittybittytittydance*

Starting to really settle into things mid-August to now. Mom and dad know, best friends know, in laws know, starting to present more regularly around home and the neighborhood, etc. Finally got a haircut that works for me and that is easy enough for my meager hairstyling skills Even confused the gentleman taking tickets at the movie theatre a few weeks back while out with my wife – "ladies, can I see your tickets?" (followed by awkward moment when he realized it). No make up btw. Just skinny jeans and a vneck (we'll call this style emo).

Also over the past month or so, I have come to the conclusion that I will need a push out the door to blossom all the way and feel comfortable enough to move to full time... so have scheduled FFS (the works, jaw, forehead, nose,). Frankly I'm tired of living this weird half-life and feeling like so many things are on hold. I know it is mostly my own baggage and self-esteem issues but... I'm pretty excited anyways! It is later this year  For now, it is getting easier to catch a 'magical' photo angle:
!NOFILTER

!FILTER

!THE SIDE BY SIDE

One more thing, I am extremely happy at the slower pace I've moved with transitioning. To be honest I think it was the difference between staying married to my wife, and getting divorced. Yesterday, at 6 months, was the FIRST, yes you read that right, time I have ever been in public with my wife as Jordin and first time ever using my 'voice' in front of her(if you can call it that). We went out with another couple (one of them is on here *hugs*). On the car ride home, my wife told me how much it strengthened her relationship with me, and how all of her big fears were debunked: I am not an insanely different person, I do not sound like mini-mouse, people are generally accepting in this area, it is not weird or awkward

Sorry for the long post and vomit. Let's just chalk this up to a big milestone, and not having posted in awhile :)
My name is Jordin, or you can call me Kelsey, whatever floats your boat! Don't be shy to message me if you want to talk, always up for meeting new people :)

•  

Harley Quinn

Kelsey, you're looking amazing!  Estrogen looks good on you!  ;)  Congratulations on the 6 months and getting surgeries scheduled.  I don't really think you need them...  but congratulations all the same.  You're looking just stunning!
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

kelseygal

Quote from: Harley Quinn on September 12, 2016, 01:46:58 PM
Kelsey, you're looking amazing!  Estrogen looks good on you!  ;)  Congratulations on the 6 months and getting surgeries scheduled.  I don't really think you need them...  but congratulations all the same.  You're looking just stunning!
Thanks! It is so good to finally feel normal :)
My name is Jordin, or you can call me Kelsey, whatever floats your boat! Don't be shy to message me if you want to talk, always up for meeting new people :)

•  

galaxy

Congratulations to all girls! Really awesome transitions here!!!
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

kelseygal

Quote from: markie on September 12, 2016, 08:20:40 PM
kelseygal......thats amazing so impressed
Thanks! So happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

tgirlamg

Hi Kelsey!!!

Your looking awesome sister and the happiness of a life on the right course is shining through!!!!
:)!!!!!

Onward we go!!!!

Ashley :)
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •