Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley Quinn

At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

RavenMoon

Quote from: Angieisalone on June 13, 2016, 07:52:05 AM
http://m.imgur.com/a/qDnSr

I pretty much failed since ffs did nothing and I still look like a man

No, you look like your sister.

I think the problem is that you still see yourself, and it reminds you of what you used to look like. You don't look like a different person now, but you look like the sister of your former self.

FFS feminizes your face. And that's what it did. Not like I haven't told you this before!!
  •  

Ange

You look totally like a cis woman. I can't get how you can see a man here. You're so far out of the man spectrum...
Tell me what your definition of "man" and "woman" is, I'll tell you which I am. Not the other way around.
  •  

Drexy/Drex

I tend to agree ....if you wanted to go back to being  male .... no way  too late ....you look totally female  i  just looked at your photos and all i can see at the end point is female and attractive too !
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

DuchessBianca

Hello Angieisalone! If that is what failed FFS and currently "looking like a man" looks like I'd gladly accept that Haha But I do understand how you feel. At 6 months HRT for me when I look in the mirror I'm lucky if 1 out of 10 times I'm noticing any changes in my face whatsoever as to me I still look completely the same and it is extremely disheartening. Then when I look at my newly recieved I.D with new name/gender marker and compare it to the ID I got in 2014 I can certainly see some facial changes easily where as just looking in the mirror I feel no different from day 1. We are always are biggest critics and it certainly can take a huge toll on our self esteem. Just have to remain positive! ^_^
  •  

Karen_A

Quote from: Angieisalone on June 13, 2016, 07:52:05 AM
http://m.imgur.com/a/qDnSr

I pretty much failed since ffs did nothing and I still look like a man

Looking at her profile it looks like she  has not been here for 5 months, so I guess I address this more generally.

Looking at her pictures I saw a nice feminine face from HRT alone even  before FFS and one that a significantly better afterwards... In fact i think her face is way prettier than mine ever was even after my FFS.

That said, if it's not some artifice of the picture, I think I do see one subtle, facial male marker... the relatively deep set eyes and the forehead...

Back in the day Dr. O (now retired - he partially invented FFS and wrote the book on it) believed  that the forehead was very important and worked very hard to reshape and minimize/set back the forehead. This opened up the eyes and made the top part of the head more typically female. In general he did a lot more and more agressive boney work than the other FFS surgeons back in my day.

I have not been keeping up with what is happening currently with FFS, but years back the general impression was that Dr. Z's forte was soft tissue work. IMO it looks like more/better boney forehead work would have removed that least very subtle male marker on her face.

That said IMO, the way her face looked post FFS, it would not have prevented her from passing and even being stealth.

We can be our own harshest critics, see issues that are not there, or if we don't pass blame it on the wrong thing. Speech, mannerisms and how ones moves etc are all part of the equation... as are attitude/confidence.

For years I pushed back against those that said passing is largely attitude/confidence. And I still say they are wrong... The other things need to be in a reasonable zone (but not perfect) as well...

BUT what is true is that attitude/confidence  is necessary, although not sufficient, to fully pass socially. It's how people experience you as a whole that matters. While the physical is a significant factor (particularly in this T* aware age), passing (stealth, blending - whatever term you prefer) requires more than JUST the physical.

I don't know how real her passing issues are, but if they are real, it's not likely due to her face... and I hope she has found some peace on this issue since that post.

- karen
  •  

RachelsMantra

Started HRT on September 1st, 2015.
  •  

Angélique LaCava

Quote from: RachelsMantra on November 26, 2016, 01:16:30 PM

Pre-HRT vs ~15 months HRT
just curious, but are your changes only hrt or FFS as well?
  •  

RachelsMantra

Started HRT on September 1st, 2015.
  •  

Angélique LaCava

Quote from: RachelsMantra on November 26, 2016, 02:04:20 PM
Just HRT.
sp how long did it take for your chin to shrink? I mean it's obviously a lot smaller now than before.
  •  

Amanda_Combs

Yesterday I found this old picture where I had that awful mustache.  The other one is from last month.  There's slightly over a year in between the 2.  Any thoughts?
Higher, faster, further, more
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Amanda_Combs on November 27, 2016, 09:18:03 PM
Yesterday I found this old picture where I had that awful mustache.  The other one is from last month.  There's slightly over a year in between the 2.  Any thoughts?
My thoughts? Looks more like brother and sister than before and after.
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Quote from: Amanda_Combs on November 27, 2016, 09:18:03 PM

Amazing  how hrt works so well
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

KarmaGirl

I just wanted to say, how wonderful all of you look and how amazing it is to see all the support on here. 
I was under another name back in 2010 and this thread really inspired me! 

I've been on HRT since then and recently had FFS to help me get a little past that bump I needed to pass.
I'm middle aged so most of you have the advantage of starting young.  I use to sport the Vin Diesel look, but as you can see by my profile pic, that person is no longer here.
I'll see if I can find an old pic to post.

Keep it coming girls!  You all look amazing!

HUGS
KG
  •  

I Am Jess

Quote from: KarmaGirl on December 02, 2016, 02:22:39 PM
I'm middle aged so most of you have the advantage of starting young.

Keep it coming girls!  You all look amazing!

HUGS
KG

I'm older than middle age at 55 but I think I've had some amazing changes over the the last 641 days that I've been on HRT...

Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Claire

You know Jess, you are lovely and have amazing 'assets' (I'm jealous) but your best asset is your smile! I love seeing your photos as much for that as anything else. You look just soooo happy! Gives me hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Claire.
  •  

I Am Jess

Quote from: dori on December 03, 2016, 07:25:53 AM
You know Jess, you are lovely and have amazing 'assets' (I'm jealous) but your best asset is your smile! I love seeing your photos as much for that as anything else. You look just soooo happy! Gives me hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much.  I am really happy so I guess that shows. It's amazing how much better life can be running on the right fuel (estrogen).
Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

SoraKat

Quote from: Paige on November 16, 2016, 03:49:47 PM
Wow amazing transformation Jess and amazing what 2 years of HRT can do.

Paige :)

you give me so much hope!!! :0
  •  

April Lee

I haven't posted an update here in a very long time because of my crummy internet situation. The picture on the left was taken a few months before starting HRT. The one on the right was taken last week just before I went out clubbing. I have now been on HRT almost 3 years.

•  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: April Lee on December 06, 2016, 05:14:07 PM
I haven't posted an update here in a very long time because of my crummy internet situation. The picture on the left was taken a few months before starting HRT. The one on the right was taken last week just before I went out clubbing. I have now been on HRT almost 3 years.

And you look so much more youthful and vibrant. Positively stunning!
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •