Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah leah

I do not show my face on sites anymore due to my role in my rural community. But I wanted to see if things are going well for me in the facial region.

I do not wear makeup ever in real life or in these photos and today was the first time I tried to pluck my eyebrows so I am scared they look to thin as I am not out yet!! So no laughing at my efforts :/

The photos are in the same room and on the same phone camera to help with them being all the same as much as I can. I started on the very lowest doses of patches you can get for a month, then half doses of patches for 5 weeks and a week on almost full doses (3/4). I plan to go full doses in two more months as I am playing it safe. So safe in fact I only got breast pain a few days ago, which hurts :(

First photo was 3 years ago when I was not ready to do anything at all:
aged 34:

Next is twelve months ago just as I was starting therapy but not on medication and was starting IPL:
aged 35

6-7ish months ago (so about 3 1/2) months before using E:
aged 36

10 mins ago:
aged 37

A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting
  •  

Harley Quinn

At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Harley Quinn

At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Snöfrost

From where I was 23 years old (I think) to today where I am currently 28 years old

•  

Sarah leah

Quote from: Harley Quinn on March 31, 2017, 09:48:05 AM
Looking phenomenal Sarah! :)

Thank you that is very kind. I personally see a freak in the mirror and I hate it as I see a ugly guy with a huge nose and forehead. That said I am hoping to see things improve in the future. Although I am so dysphoric just looking at photos it makes me regret taking them.

A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting
  •  

josie76

Sarah, your change is incredible!  ;)

Just your face pic with no makeup on, I would not doubt I was looking at a woman.

Did you just use the IPL or did you end up getting laser? I have seen reduced patches with an IPL but I'm thinking I need to go laser to really get some progress.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

FinallyMichelle

Absolutely beautiful Snofrost. Alice?

Sorry, it's been a while. Hope that you got into the military like you wanted. That you are happy and healed and not so afraid anymore.

Hugs
Michelle, AKA Mikaela
  •  

Sarah leah

Quote from: josie76 on April 01, 2017, 06:17:12 AM
Sarah, your change is incredible!  ;)

Just your face pic with no makeup on, I would not doubt I was looking at a woman.

Did you just use the IPL or did you end up getting laser? I have seen reduced patches with an IPL but I'm thinking I need to go laser to really get some progress.

Thank you that is very kind of you.

In terms of IPL
I did 6 sessions of ipl and have had 3 laser thus far.  The ipl cleared my neck and thinned my cheeks but it left my chin/upper lip area unaffected and patches along my jawline with clumps of dark hair that looked odd if I did not shave every two days.

--Check first photo for an idea of what it was like after just ipl

With the laser the first was a low setting but slaughtered all of the cheek hair. Sadly, I could not afford any after it for 3 months due to a change in jobs and being a fulltime single parent on my own. However, after the three months I got the second on a higher setting. It hurt a lot and the girl doing it showed me my face after the zap. My upper lip was covered in hairs that had melted and fell out onto my skin, as was the case with my chin. After three days the redness was gone and 6 weeks later I got the third which wiped out all the hair on my chin excluding maybe 10 or so fine dark hairs, as well as removing 90% of the upper lip. Since the last treatment it has been 2 weeks since I shaved and I have so little hair now I think the next two rounds will be me done for the next several months as I see what returns. If any light hair appears I will get electrolysis on it. I hope I do not as it freaks me out having anything pierce my skin.

AFTER THE FIRST SESSION OF LASER ON LOW SETTINGS

BEFORE I HAD SECOND SESSION (three months after first)

--odd not sure why photo is upside down!!

•  

Dena

The needle doesn't pierce the skin at any time. It's run between the hair and the skin until it reaches the bottom of the follicle. You only feel discomfort when the current is turned out. The one exception to this is every once in a while that hair changes direction under the skin and you feel a poke. This is one of the reasons you want suffice growth for the operator. The other reason is because the operator has to grab on the hair to check if it's properly treated.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Sarah leah

Thank you for clearing it up. At least now I know it will not involve stabbing my face. Which was my fear  :-\

•  

Harley Quinn

You have a wonderful smile Sarah. Probably my favorite of your pictures...
  •  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Snöfrost on March 31, 2017, 04:06:16 PM
From where I was 23 years old (I think) to today where I am currently 28 years old

Wow Sno... I was thinking 19. Lol you're aging quite gracefully.
  •  

Devlyn

I tried to  duplicate the pose of this Army photo. I was 23 in the first one, 55 in the second shot.

•  

Lilliana

Then, 2004:

Not exactly after, more like the middle:
  •  

Angélique LaCava

So I decided to take a pic today. The left is before hrt and the right is 16 months hrt.
I'm not exactly sure if I see any changes tbh
  •  

Sarah leah

I love the darker hair it is very pretty on you. In terms of changes I see fuller cheeks which is more feminine by nature I feel

•  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: Angélique LaCava on April 01, 2017, 11:04:06 PM
So I decided to take a pic today. The left is before hrt and the right is 16 months hrt.

OMG Angélique you are stunning girl.
I think your cheeks filled out.
Your hair looks stunning too!

•  

josie76

Angelique, in the first photo you look good. Easy pass, but in the second photo after HRT you look natural. Face is full and your skin has a lovely appearance. Congrats girl!  ;) I like the darker hair color on you, and I so wish I had your hair thickness to work with!

Snofrost, I'm with Harley, you look like you're 19 or 20 now. Unbelievable.

Devlyn, you have one of those faces that by itself could have been seen either way even when you were young.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Devlyn

Phew! I  was bracing myself for "one of those faces that only a mother could love"!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Angélique LaCava on April 01, 2017, 11:04:06 PM

Your cheeks definitely filled out, you lips look softer, your jawline softened up a little, and you seem to have had that "HRT eye opening" effect.  It's amazing how huge of an improvement a few subtle changes can have.  You looked good before, but great now that HRT has done its magic.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •