Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alanna1990

Quote from: Monica Jean on May 04, 2017, 10:22:50 AM
Looking at my before photos makes me cringe. I can't imagine ever going back to that pain, that strife, that depression, that alcoholism, barely existing....Uggh. 

Transition wiped all those away. 2.5 years after starting this process, I found me. I'm finally living.

2011, Fat, barrel-shaped man:

2017, Curvy, hourglass figure coming into focus:

Moderator Edit:  Site policy restricts the content of images posted here, per ToS 4.

I feel you, you look great, I don't know if anybody noticed before, but don't you all think we look happier after the changes?
  •  

Monica Jean

We do look happier. That's the unsung milestone of hanging on for so long and being so miserable. I've never been happier! :)
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Wanda Jane

4 months HRT, laser, LOT'S of skin TLC. Happy though is what really matters.

•  

Charlie Nicki

Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

I Am Jess

I dug up a 10 year old picture to create a flashback Thursday picture. These two pictures are about 10 years apart.

Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

cdhd2001

First picture was summer 2016.

Second picture is current at 5 months hrt.

Just wondering how I am doing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

•  

Dani

Quote from: cdhd2001 on May 14, 2017, 11:22:03 AM

First picture was summer 2016.

Second picture is current at 5 months hrt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

You are doing just fine Honey!
  •  

Dani

Quote from: I Am Jess on May 11, 2017, 05:21:28 PM
I dug up a 10 year old picture to create a flashback Thursday picture. These two pictures are about 10 years apart.

Jess you are just too stunning!

Do you give makeup lessons?

•  

KatieByrne

So this was me around 2008-9. I started my transition in April 2010

And this is me today :)

I Am Jess

Quote from: Dani on May 15, 2017, 11:19:06 AM
Jess you are just too stunning!

Do you give makeup lessons?

Ahhh thank you Dani.  Believe it or not I've now got this make-up look down so that I can go from no makeup to this in 15 minutes or so.  I've shown a few girls how to do this but it all comes down to just practicing what works for you and getting good at it. 

My basic routine goes something like this:

Step one is foundation - I use 3 or 4 different foundations but they all go on the same way for me.  I use a round makeup sponge.  I put the foundation on it and then spot apply the foundation around the face.  Once I have the spots done I use the sponge to apply the foundation evenly around my face and neck.

Step two is contouring and rouge - I use a different round sponge to apply dark contouring powder in the widow's peak area of my forehead, the sides of my nose and under the cheeks.  I apply some rouge to the tops of my cheeks.

Step three is eye brows - I have a brow pencil and I highlight my brow arch and use a brow brush to work it through the brow.  I was using Anastasia Brow Wiz but they may have discontinued it and I'm now trying out replacements.

Step four is the eyes - I start off with a lid primer.  I then apply my eye shadow.  Right now I'm frequently using a set from Sephora that has gold earth tones in it (Colorful 5 - Milk to dark Chocolate).  I generally use a 3 color system where I have my mid color main shadow, a darker one on the outside corners and a lighter one above the lid line and below the brow. I use a primer on my lashes and then use mascara.  I like Urban Decay perversion but use a few different ones depending on the color i want.  Up until a week or so ago (I had permanent upper and lower eye liner tattooed on) I used a small brush and Milani Cream liner.  Using the brush made it pretty easy to apply.  If I want a little more dramatic thicker look I can just apply a thicker line with the brush or I just use a Maybelline Master Kaial thick eyeliner pencil.   

Step 5 is finishing powder -  I usually just use a bronzer to finish my overall look.   Right now I'm using Becca Rose Gold Shimmering Skin Perfector pressed powder.  I use that to blend the contour and rouge. 

This entire process takes about 15 minutes and the last two times I timed it it clocked in at 14 min 30 seconds and this is what I can do...

Quote from: KatieByrne on May 15, 2017, 12:05:05 PM

Looking great and soooo much happier girl!   :icon_dance:

Quote from: cdhd2001 on May 14, 2017, 11:22:03 AM

Great progress girl!  Keep letting HRT work it's magic.

Quote from: Wanda Jane on May 05, 2017, 12:56:02 PM
4 months HRT, laser, LOT'S of skin TLC. Happy though is what really matters.

That's some change!  Keep it up girl!

Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Angélique LaCava

big difference, but I would recommend toning it down with the eye makeup and go with a more natural look.
  •  

KatieByrne

Quote from: Angélique LaCava on May 15, 2017, 05:00:39 PM
big difference, but I would recommend toning it down with the eye makeup and go with a more natural look.

thanks for the advice :) its not always that much

but i'm in the punk rock/goth scene so loud is the way to go mostly haha :D not  ready to grow up yet lol :P

never gonna be a quiet one me lol. although i did spend some time without makeup recently after my voice surgery in Thailand where I was ironically also required to be quiet lol . :D

KatieByrne

Quote from: Monica Jean on May 04, 2017, 10:22:50 AM
Looking at my before photos makes me cringe. I can't imagine ever going back to that pain, that strife, that depression, that alcoholism, barely existing....Uggh. 

Transition wiped all those away. 2.5 years after starting this process, I found me. I'm finally living.

2011, Fat, barrel-shaped man:

2017, Curvy, hourglass figure coming into focus:

Moderator Edit:  Site policy restricts the content of images posted here, per ToS 4.

WOW

That is amazing transformation and you look STUNNING :D

that is such a natural and beautiful look. Don't feel embarrased about where you came from we all have photos of ourselves pre-transition that we hate but the important thing is that you are a beautiful and happy woman now and you look like you are loving life :)

TonyaW

Quote from: KatieByrne on May 15, 2017, 10:40:32 PM
thanks for the advice :) its not always that much

but i'm in the punk rock/goth scene so loud is the way to go mostly haha :D not  ready to grow up yet lol [emoji14]

never gonna be a quiet one me lol. although i did spend some time without makeup recently after my voice surgery in Thailand where I was ironically also required to be quiet lol . :D

I like the goth look and think the first pic was awesome. Its not for everyone though and for most it shouldn't be for every day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

KathyLauren

This is me four years ago:

Seven months ago:

One month ago, three months on HRT:
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

JMJW

Since last summer, what I've done is a soft transition. Meaning the presentation is very irregular and I have no HRT. As I'm still waiting for a less stressful time to look into that as I would have to begin on an informed consent basis (or wait 2 years for NHS therapy).

•  

tgirlamg

Hey All...

I haven't posted my before / after for a while so I thought I would update it ... Hopefully you can tell which is the before and which is the after!!!! :)

These are at age 52 and age 56 (as of last month).... We all know that some days in this process are harder than others and you can sometimes feel like you will never get to where you want to be... On those days, don't forget to look behind you and marvel as you remind yourself how far you have already come...

Onward we go brave sisters!

Ashley :)
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

josie76

OK so not so much a before and after as a before and today.  ;)

Me at 29. To be honest I remember trying not to look to dorky when I took this picture. I was finally trying to come out of a decade of self imposed social exile. My wife always loved this picture of me. Me not so much.  :-\
421899_3095875684968_1025573354_n by Josie H, on Flickr

October of 2016, when I finally came to understand myself and admit it to my family.
IMG_20161022_171553055 by Josie H, on Flickr

Feb 2016, just starting low dose HRT.
IMG_20170226_143757422 by Josie H, on Flickr

May 2017, recent, my hair is grown out somewhat albeit so wavy its darn near impossible to do anything with untill the sides grow out more.
IMG_20170514_090457820 by Josie H, on Flickr

_20170519_222000 by Josie H, on Flickr
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Drexy/Drex

That's amazing  !!! Fabulous
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •