Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryokohimura

Seems like it's been forever since I've been here. But after leaving a group and relationship that drained me, I think I'm finally starting to feel more comfortable. I took this at my one year anniversary (back in January!) Better late than never, I guess.....

And a more recent one for posterity

(I need to get my hair done)
  •  

Ashley_wolf

Quote from: Harley Quinn on February 10, 2017, 11:14:51 AM
Well, Sunday is my anniversary. A whole year, I think it's cause to toss up my befores and afters.

My Befores:

And my afters:

Hey Harley can't see the pictures please post again :'(

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

•  

Cimara

Quote from: tgirlamc on May 19, 2017, 09:49:45 AM
Hey All...

I haven't posted my before / after for a while so I thought I would update it ... Hopefully you can tell which is the before and which is the after!!!! :)

These are at age 52 and age 56 (as of last month).... We all know that some days in this process are harder than others and you can sometimes feel like you will never get to where you want to be... On those days, don't forget to look behind you and marvel as you remind yourself how far you have already come...

Onward we go brave sisters!

Ashley :)

Ashley, this is one of the most amazing transformations I have seen. Its unbelievable!  You look nothing like your before picture. And you are 56?? I truly hope I look that great when I reach that age. You look so much happier in the after picture. The before picture seemed to say " I am alive but I am not even that thrilled about it"

Congratulations on becoming such a pretty and young looking woman.
Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Ashley_wolf on May 31, 2017, 02:07:53 AM
Hey Harley can't see the pictures please post again :'(

I tossed in the with and without makeup as well as hair regrowth...  Just incase it might help anyone.  Enjoy, I'll try to leave them up for a while, but I never leave them up too awful long.  Especially my male attire.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Cimara on May 31, 2017, 07:33:02 AM

Ashley, this is one of the most amazing transformations I have seen. Its unbelievable!  You look nothing like your before picture. And you are 56?? I truly hope I look that great when I reach that age. You look so much happier in the after picture. The before picture seemed to say " I am alive but I am not even that thrilled about it"

Congratulations on becoming such a pretty and young looking woman.

Thank You for the kind words Cimara!!!!... Transition, for me, was ... Truly Transformative!!! :) ....

I had wished to have been born a girl since early childhood but never gave transition much serious consideration because it was barely heard of when I was young and in my later years I was busy with life and it just seemed like in impossible dream that always sat in the back of my mind...

When my GD moved from the back of my mind to the forefront 24/7 in my early 50s, I decided to finally look closely at what had been going on with me for over a half century... I met the first transwoman I had ever met and I was hit like a lightning bolt... If she can do this... I CAN DO THIS!!!! So much for indecision about transition... I pretty much knew at that moment that everything was about to change!!!! :)

I am here on the forum to hopefully be like that transwoman that I met was for me.. I want others to see that much is possible in this world... Often, the only thing that holds us back from what we want is fear.... FEAR NOT SISTERS!!!! The steering wheel to your life is in your hands...hit the gas and steer to where you want your life to be!!!

Onward we go brave sisters

Ashley :)
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Annecy

Quote from: tgirlamc on May 31, 2017, 09:15:29 AM
"I had wished to have been born a girl since early childhood but never gave transition much serious consideration
because it was barely heard of when I was young and in my later years I was busy with life
and it just seemed like in impossible dream that always sat in the back of my mind...
Finding Dr. Vitale's Essays online back in mid-1990s
changed everything ... for me ...
Some of "us" would have had quite different lives ...
if we had been born into a world with a ubiquitous WWW ...
  •  

Balerie

Quote from: Harley Quinn on May 31, 2017, 08:50:38 AM

I tossed in the with and without makeup as well as hair regrowth...  Just incase it might help anyone.  Enjoy, I'll try to leave them up for a while, but I never leave them up too awful long.  Especially my male attire.

Harley, this is an amazing transition. At 6 months you start to regress in age from your first picture. You've made great progress in 15 months. What I think is most evident in before and after pictures is the dead eyes that are a glimmer into the unhappiness we are living and how bright they become as we blossom to our correct gender. It gives me hope that I can become the person I want to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Balerie on May 31, 2017, 09:47:46 AM
Harley, this is an amazing transition. At 6 months you start to regress in age from your first picture. You've made great progress in 15 months. What I think is most evident in before and after pictures is the dead eyes that are a glimmer into the unhappiness we are living and how bright they become as we blossom to our correct gender. It gives me hope that I can become the person I want to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I wasn't too thrilled with life, and did some backtracking in my progress between the 10 and 12th months due to a bad reaction to the Medroxyprogesterone.  I'm off it and loving life again.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Ashley_wolf

Harley you should take a picture each month and keep them for yourself your transformation is amazing

•  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Ashley_wolf on May 31, 2017, 10:31:13 AM
Harley you should take a picture each month and keep them for yourself your transformation is amazing

Thanks for the encouragement.

I have more pictures than I know what to do with LOL! Hairline pictures, body and profile pictures, face (with and without makeup) and basic tracking/journaling. Literally 1000's.  Even the ones I personally hate are in there.  I amost never see my Endo, so I keep track of impirical, journaling, and photo data to support my opinions when I do speak to her.  Came in handy for the Medroxyprogesterone fiasco, justification for continuing Finasteride, and the eventual addition of Micronized Progesterone.

The only thing I'm really unsure of, is when exactly my hair went from straight to wavy, to straight up CURLY!  It was straight in January of 2016, and TURBO Curly in January of 2017.
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Amazing changes Harley.
Really like the hair changes :O

•  

Laurie

Hi Folks,

Just a request if you will..

I know everyone likes seeing pictures and so do I. But when replying to a post with picture it really isn't necessary to show all they pictures again and again especially when there are 21 on them. It puts a load on the bandwith and slows down page loading tremendously.

So what I am asking it that before hitting that "post" button in a reply to someone posting pictures you delete the picture links.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

nyanhakase

May 2016:

May 2017:

Entire album of many pictures taken throughout:
http://imgur.com/a/XilnO
  •  

Ashley_wolf

Hey archlord is there a way I can message you I have some questions about your transition. I'm just looking for guidance on a few things as long with suggestions.

•  

Ashley_wolf

Jess if you can see this it won't let me pm I don't know why

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Ashley_wolf on May 31, 2017, 02:57:52 PM
Jess if you can see this it won't let me pm I don't know why

You'll just need a few more quality posts.

Post Ranks (including when you can send PMs, upload an avatar or set a profile picture)
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Nahia

Sept of 2016

the end of may 2017      hrt started in oct 2016
  •  

Monica Jean

Quote from: KatieByrne on May 16, 2017, 05:32:32 AM
WOW

That is amazing transformation and you look STUNNING :D

that is such a natural and beautiful look. Don't feel embarrased about where you came from we all have photos of ourselves pre-transition that we hate but the important thing is that you are a beautiful and happy woman now and you look like you are loving life :)

Thank you! I appreciate your words about not being embarrassed about our pasts. It's the only one we have for better or worse. I do cringe looking back though but from a more humorous point of view these days. :)
  •  

coldHeart

Well after looking through all the photos of you lovely Ladies I,ve realized I haven't a change in hell of looking like you lot.
I might as well said to my self  there's not point in transitioning, think my mind is made. Sara
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: coldHeart on June 16, 2017, 09:36:59 AM
Well after looking through all the photos of you lovely Ladies I,ve realized I haven't a change in hell of looking like you lot.
I might as well said to my self  there's not point in transitioning, think my mind is made. Sara

Sara My Friend!!!... Please take another look at post # 397 in this thread and tell me that much is not possible in this world!!!...btw... I was living fulltime femme outside my work when the " before " was taken...

. I know we can get it easily into our heads that this is a quest to look like Miss America.. But it isn't... Transition is a lot of things, at it's core, it is a quest to show the the people around us and the world who we truly are after a lifetime of hiding!!!...but when we focus all our attention on the outside results ... We can easily turn what should be an amazing journey into misery...

The part of transition that gives most all of us the most problem is how we perceive how we look and what we see in the mirror vs what others see can be two very different things... The ghost of who we were can be waiting for us every time we look in the mirror to mess with our heads and make us think that what we seek is unattainable...

Cis women have a huge range in their appearances! ... Facial features body types etc and fitting somewhere into that range is not as hard as we think it is....I heard you write that you pass well from the behind so you are halfway there!!! :)... Anyway Girlfriend... I want you to find the joy that comes from a life that is finally and truly your own... If I can be of help in any way along your path, PLEASE... Don't hesitate to PM me ... This journey is worth the pain and struggle that comes with it!!!

Onward we go brave sister!!!

Ashley :)!!!!!
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •