Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

That's quite a big difference Laurie. It doesn't even look like the same person. You have made huge progress. You look great. One really big difference is that if I saw you in public I would smile and say hi. That other person, I would have avoided. It's amazing with all these pictures how in the before pictures everyone looks angry and totally miserable. And in the after pictures that's gone and people look happy. Its not even about facial expressions. Its in everyone's eyes.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

KathyLauren

Wow, Laurie, just wow!  What a difference between you and the sourpuss in the before pictures! 
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Bari Jo

Nice Laurie, huge differences and obvious happiness to boot!
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

kaitylynn

All I can say is WOW!  What an incredible difference for so many of us.  It is so awesome seeing the before pictures, with neutral expressions for the most part transformed to beaming smiles and bright eyes.  Indeed, I too am happy HRT is available for us.

Is it not the most incredible fork in our journey's paths!?

Laura, Stevie and all my brothers and sisters...thank you for sharing!
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

Laurie

Thanks Everyone, 

I only posted this for a lark. After 9 months I can't see much of a change.
  I do miss my hat though. With my wig it no longer fits. I can see the obvious differences that come from wig and makeup but not really anything else. Well okay the smile when I remember.

Thanks again

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Colleen_definitely

Well you aren't frowning which is one heck of an improvement.

As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on September 20, 2017, 10:56:40 AM
Well you aren't frowning which is one heck of an improvement.

Well I guess you've got me there Colleen. lol

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Laurie on September 20, 2017, 10:25:40 AM
Thanks Everyone, 

I do miss my hat though. With my wig it no longer fits. I can see the obvious differences that come from wig and makeup but not really anything else. Well okay the smile when I remember.

Thanks again

Hugs,
   Laurie
Things can still surprise you, Laurie. Two decades ago my son bought a leather hat for me in Australia. I love it, it's beautiful, but it never fit. I tried it on six months ago and now it fits! I have absolutely no clue why.

:

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!

Think outside the voice box!

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Dee Marshall on September 20, 2017, 11:37:57 AM
Things can still surprise you, Laurie. Two decades ago my son bought a leather hat for me in Australia. I love it, it's beautiful, but it never fit. I tried it on six months ago and now it fits! I have absolutely no clue why.

:

Think outside the voice box!

My friends in Missouri claim to be looking for a more appropriate replacment hat for me. I'm not sure what they might come up with but I'll bet it will be pink.

Laurie

•  

Charlotte F

Quote from: Laurie on September 20, 2017, 10:25:40 AM

Wow Laurie, the transformation is amazing!  I can see big changes - your cheeks are fuller, your face is more rounded but most of all you just look happy.  I never would have imagined the person in the before pictures making all those positive, welcoming comments we all know and love
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Laurie on September 20, 2017, 11:00:05 AM
Well I guess you've got me there Colleen. lol

Hugs,
   Laurie

That's the biggest difference my friends have noticed.  I got a "I don't think I've ever actually seen you smile before" out of some of them the other week.  It's pretty sad how miserable we forced ourselves to be.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on September 20, 2017, 11:52:12 AM
My friends in Missouri claim to be looking for a more appropriate replacment hat for me. I'm not sure what they might come up with but I'll bet it will be pink.

Aren't ladies of our vintage supposed to wear red hats?

My wife keeps threatening to get me one but I categorically refuse to wear it.

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

davina61

Now that's the Laurie we know and love, no change? BIG change well done , lets see what another 12 mths will do.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Michelle_P

Laurie, you may not see the changes, but both I and the honey badgers picked right up on it. Cheeks, around the eyes, and especially the whole happy overall appearance.

I've compared it to rejoining the human race after a lifetime of depression and isolation.

Welcome back to the human race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on September 20, 2017, 02:21:52 PM
Now that's the Laurie we know and love, no change? BIG change well done , lets see what another 12 mths will do.

Thank you Davina. I'm waiting o see yours posted here too.

Quote from: Michelle_P on September 20, 2017, 02:45:12 PM
Laurie, you may not see the changes, but both I and the honey badgers picked right up on it. Cheeks, around the eyes, and especially the whole happy overall appearance.

I've compared it to rejoining the human race after a lifetime of depression and isolation.

Welcome back to the human race.

You seeing my pictures here I understand but the honey badgers? What did you mo make up wanted posters?

Lets see fat cheeks and a smile  is all I needed? lol

Thanks Michelle. I'm getting restless that electric fence is only for show right?

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Jessica Lynne

The change is huge, Laurie......huge. We're always the last to notice the changes in ourselves.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Jessica Lynne on September 20, 2017, 09:03:10 PM
The change is huge, Laurie......huge. We're always the last to notice the changes in ourselves.

Thanks Jess,

I didn't expect my posting here would cause such a stir. I have been told a couple times by fiends that I appear happier than they've ever seen me.  I suppose for the most part that is true. Sometimes though I have felt the complete opposite. Happy is the better of the two though.

Thanks again everyone.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Jessica Lynne

Quote from: Laurie on September 20, 2017, 09:26:42 PM
  Thanks Jess,

I didn't expect my posting here would cause such a stir. I have been told a couple times by fiends that I appear happier than they've ever seen me.  I suppose for the most part that is true. Sometimes though I have felt the complete opposite. Happy is the better of the two though.

Don't thank me, L. You're gorgeous,  one of the most beautiful souls here. Thanks for all the joy you spread to everyone. Nobody here and I mean nobody manufactures more smiles  ;D
  •  

Kendra

Laurie, wow.  Jessica Lynne is right and said it the best. 
The difference is stunning - you just can't hide the change in your overall outlook and it shows. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

josie76

HOLY MOLY DOUGHNUTS! (for those who don't know that is a reference to the movie Friday After Next)

Laurie are you trying to tell us those before pictures are the same human being you are?! No way do I believe it. Major difference there.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•