Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

That's a big change Megan. Another before picture that looks like someone who stomps kittens. It amazes me how much friendlier and happier everyone looks in the after pictures.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on October 07, 2017, 08:33:06 AM
Something like that haha.
Or I have just been outed and you actually are strimmer and he transitioned D:
Nope,  you're safe [emoji6]. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Julia1996 on October 07, 2017, 08:33:13 AM
That's a big change Megan. Another before picture that looks like someone who stomps kittens. It amazes me how much friendlier and happier everyone looks in the after pictures.
To be fair,  I did smile (at least on the outside),  that old picture is quite unflattering any way you cut it.

•  

Allie24

Is it just me, or did HRT change the shape of our eyes? They all look a lot rounder than in the before pictures... maybe its just me :P
  •  

Josilyn

I thought I would throw in my before and after..  The before was taken in July 2015 and the after picture in September 2017.

https://imgur.com/wsJ6GHY
https://imgur.com/Yu2YFRy

Early 2015 - started presenting partially as female
August 2015 - fully presenting
July 6th 2016 - Started HRT
March 23, 2017 - Orchiectomy
April 25, 2017 - Legal name and gender change
October 30, 2017 - Breast Augmentation
January 22, 2018 - First round of FFS
February 26, 2018 - Second round of FFS
July 20, 2018 - Breast augmentation revision
August 6, 2018 - GCS Surgery
  •  

Julia1996

That's a big change Josilyn. You look good.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Allie24 on October 07, 2017, 08:57:28 AM
Is it just me, or did HRT change the shape of our eyes? They all look a lot rounder than in the before pictures... maybe its just me [emoji14]
Probably just the weight loss,  I doubt the HRT would have had that effect after just 3 months.

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Josilyn on October 07, 2017, 08:59:54 AM
I thought I would throw in my before and after..  The before was taken in July 2015 and the after picture in September 2017.

https://imgur.com/wsJ6GHY
https://imgur.com/Yu2YFRy
Great progress Josilyn,  a big improvement! X

•  

kaitylynn

Is it just me, or did HRT change the shape of our eyes? They all look a lot rounder than in the before pictures... maybe its just me :P

I think it is probably just fat redistribution.  My partner is a motion picture makeup artist and she has mentioned that my face shape has changes some with no sculpting or anything, just HRT.  HRT is powerful, no doubt about it!
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Trimming the hedges that were my eyebrows really made a difference in how my eyes look.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Artesia

I was going to take a picture today.  Got new makeup, and a new outfit.

Now I can't/won't because my stupid behind wasn't paying attention. :icon_ashamed:  I was working at a different building than usual, and their steamer doesn't vent at all, opened the door to put something in, and wham, face full of steam.  My lower half of my face is sunburn red, and I have some mild blistering around my lips. :icon_flamed:

Luckily, I work in nursing homes, got a quick check up/treatment.  Wearing a burn ointment now, but it makes Gargamel from the Smurfs look cute compared to me. :'( :laugh:

Could have been worse.  But it is telling me to stop working in kitchens.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

KathyLauren

It did for me.  I am not sure what exactly the change is - maybe they're rounder - but it was noticeable within 3 or 4 months.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Roll

Quote from: KathyLauren on October 07, 2017, 03:22:51 PM
It did for me.  I am not sure what exactly the change is - maybe they're rounder - but it was noticeable within 3 or 4 months.

Did you add any eye balm/anti aging type creams to your routine or anything like that? I was using one from a sample kit I got a month ago or so, and one of the creams in the kit was definitely pulling my face "tighter" around my eyes and keeping them more open (I tend to squint and have visible under eye circles pretty badly because of issues with a rapidly changing glasses prescription, and it was an extremely noticeable change that went away when I ran out).
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Artesia on October 07, 2017, 02:45:29 PM
I was working at a different building than usual, and their steamer doesn't vent at all, opened the door to put something in, and wham, face full of steam.  My lower half of my face is sunburn red, and I have some mild blistering around my lips. :icon_flamed:

Ouch!! I hope it heals quickly! I've almost managed to burn myself pretty badly with steam several times, not fun at all.
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Roll on October 07, 2017, 03:33:35 PM
Did you add any eye balm/anti aging type creams to your routine or anything like that?
No, I seldom bother with makeup or creams, even though my wife often tells me I should use a moisturizer.  Whatever the change is that I'm seeing is due only to HRT.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Artesia

Quote from: Sarah_P on October 07, 2017, 11:23:36 PM
Ouch!! I hope it heals quickly! I've almost managed to burn myself pretty badly with steam several times, not fun at all.

I've had worse.  I once managed to melt my eyebrows off when I was in the service.  I was lighting a Immersion Heater, a donut shaped barrel, with two pipes sticking out of the top.  It is clamped onto a metal trash can, and is used to heat water to sanitize equipment.  The procedure to light it:

1) put some fuel in a cup that slides into the exhaust pipe, and light it.
2) wait a couple minutes to warm the pipe so the air flow rises out of the desired pipe.
3) open the fuel cup again, and turn the fuel so that the fire drops with the fuel into the barrel. It will look like a string of beads if it is done properly.
4) turn the valve so that the fuel continues to drip, the faster the drip the hotter the water will get.

Unfortunately, someone had already dropped fuel into the barrel, and when I went to light it, the fumes ignited.  Fire straight past the front of my face.  A few inches closer, and I wouldn't have had a face.  As it was, I had a face full of blisters.  The worst was my nose, it peeled immediately, and had another blister under the one that popped.

I heal relatively quickly.  The redness is almost completely gone.  The swelling on the upper lip is just tender now.  The lower lip still has some blistering.  It's a long thin blister just along the edge of the lip.  A couple more days, and I'll be photo ready.

The more I think about it, the more I'm realizing that the universe was telling me that I shouldn't be working as a cook.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Artesia on October 08, 2017, 02:35:59 PM
The more I think about it, the more I'm realizing that the universe was telling me that I shouldn't be working as a cook.
That or work around a place like my house. It's all electric and there are only two things that burn. On is charcoal which I light with a chimney lighter and candles which are reserved for a major power failure which I haven't had in the 6 years I have lived here.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

cliodunne

So amazing to see these! Some photo links aren't working for me though (Allie, Josilyn). Could just be me having trouble but I'd love to see them!
  •  

Roll

Quote from: cliodunne on October 10, 2017, 03:02:45 PM
So amazing to see these! Some photo links aren't working for me though (Allie, Josilyn). Could just be me having trouble but I'd love to see them!

Double checked to see if they were just down and they work fine for me, at least Allie's. Are you on a network that blocks imgur or something perhaps? Wouldn't be the first time I've heard of one of the big media dumping sites being blacklisted.

Also, Allie you weren't kidding about your eyes. I just looked at them while checking the pictures and they are substantially larger/rounder!
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

KathyLauren

Hi, Cliodunne!

Welcome to Susan's.

Here is some information that we like to share with new members so that you can use the site effectively and safely:

A Cautionary Note:
This is a public forum so please remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out there may retain information that you post.

We cannot ensure that any information you share on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction. This warning is also listed in the Terms of Service listed below.

If you give out personal information on Susan's you are responsible for any consequence.

I also want to share some links with you. They include helpful information and the rules that govern the site.  It is important for your enjoyment of the site to take a moment to go through them

Things that you should read

•