Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Am Jess

Quote from: Kyra553 on November 16, 2017, 12:25:41 PM
Yes I remember those days of "is this even worth it". You're in the learning phase girl! Hold in there, keep learning about your body and life. We didn't get the privilege of parents or friends to teach us about womanhood growing up or even the life lessons during adultescence. So we have to fumble around for awhile until we understand it for ourselves. I still consider myself more of a half teenager than a woman in her 20s. That is because of how much information I still don't know and life knowledge I missed out on. We have to go through two puberties! Plus we have to learn a whole new childhood of knowledge in a short span of time. But the hardest is unlearning what we were forced to learn growing up because of our body's fault during creation. Unlearning what society, family, and life taught us as a boy is the hardest part to overcome.  I'm glad I could help you though because these forums especially the before and after section kept me going the most when I felt down.   

This is so true!  It is a vast learning process that we have to go through.  I've been at it for just a little over 2 1/2 years and finally feel very comfortable being me.  I have cis friends asking me for make-up and clothing advice, so I think I'm finally getting into the grove.

I put together a month by month collage of pictures to show my evolution over the last 32 months.....

This is where I started at.  I was 53 years old when I started on my journey and I am 56 now.  It has been an incredible experience going through all the changes.  Hopefully this will inspire some of you.

At the end of August of 2015 I had some minor FFS and had a breast augmentation procedure done.

In August of 2016 I underwent GRS.  The August picture was taken in the hospital admitting area when I was checking in for my surgery.

Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Bari Jo

I never get tired of seeing your evolution Jess.  You are truly an inspiration.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Bari Jo on November 16, 2017, 03:04:02 PM
I never get tired of seeing your evolution Jess.  You are truly an inspiration.

Bari Jo, you and me and Jayne and the rest of the gang will do a group photo in 2 1/2 years and show 'em how it's done. Is it a date?

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Bari Jo

If our results look that good, sure!

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Bari Jo on November 16, 2017, 03:39:05 PM
If our results look that good, sure!

We'll either knock 'em dead or they'll wish they were! [emoji12]

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Kitty June

So I'm not sure if I've changed as much seems. I still see the dude in mirror. Less than before but still lurking.
Of course if I could afford electrolysis I'd feel better, but life goes on regardless.

Top one is maybe 5 years ago
Then I think this is about 2 years ago

And then last Friday I had my hair done.
Straight hair was only for a day though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Bari Jo

Kitty, big changes I see!  I love straight hair on you too.  You look so happy in that pict.

Bari Jo

•  

Kitty June

Quote from: Bari Jo on November 16, 2017, 05:44:18 PM
Kitty, big changes I see!  I love straight hair on you too.  You look so happy in that pict.

Bari Jo
Thank you hun. Unfortunately I can't keep that hair lol
Just now lol. Happy but it's a mop lol

•  

Kendra

Kitty you look great!  Your smile is so genuine.

Jess your month-by-month is so cool to look through, absolutely beautiful change.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

josie76

Quote from: Kitty June on November 16, 2017, 05:37:17 PM
So I'm not sure if I've changed as much seems. I still see the dude in mirror. Less than before but still lurking.
Of course if I could afford electrolysis I'd feel better, but life goes on regardless.

No, definitely not a dude! You are looking great Kitty Jane!  ;D
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Sarah_P

You look great Kitty! I swear my hair will never do what I want it to do. I just have to cross my fingers & hope it doesn't decide to stick out straight to the side.
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Fara

I haven't posted in awhile.. I'm 43yo, 19+ mths HRT, and some weight loss/exercise..

Heres a timeline I posted a few weeks ago..

-Fara
  •  

Colleen_definitely

As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Fara

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on November 20, 2017, 09:37:11 AM
Gia, that is absolutely amazing.

Appreciate that!  Actually my name is Fara.. sadly can't change profile name here..
  •  

Bari Jo

I'll second that amazing transformation and you are stunning.

Bari Jo

•  

mm

GiaFarrell, hair removal and hrt's have done wonders for you.
  •  

Karen_A

Quote from: GiaFarrell on November 20, 2017, 09:34:20 AM
I haven't posted in awhile.. I'm 43yo, 19+ mths HRT, and some weight loss/exercise..

-Fara

It looks like at least physically things have gone very well for you indeed!

I started at about the same age as you, but 20 years ago, and I never ever got even close to that passable, never mind attractive,  even with full FFS from Dr. O, many years of high HRT doses, and losing 160lbs.

- Karen

•  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: GiaFarrell on November 20, 2017, 09:34:20 AM

-Fara

My jaw dropped. What a wonderful transformation. Did you have FFS?
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Fara

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on November 20, 2017, 10:59:01 AM
My jaw dropped. What a wonderful transformation. Did you have FFS?

No though it's on my list to fix a few things that you can't see from a front pic (jaw/chin, philstrum length, and forehead bulge/brow).

I was fairly lucky to have soft features in general, if I was 20 years younger though.. oh well..
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: GiaFarrell on November 20, 2017, 11:14:49 AM
No though it's on my list to fix a few things that you can't see from a front pic (jaw/chin, philstrum length, and forehead bulge/brow).

I was fairly lucky to have soft features in general, if I was 20 years younger though.. oh well..

OMG even more amazing. HRT made you gorgeous, you don't look like your male self at all! I also don't think you need any FFS. Wow.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •