Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: Cali on January 03, 2018, 11:02:02 PM
You can start doing your own youtube instruction videos :)

Thank you, I thought about it i am to camera shy and don't like my voice yet still working on it I hope that one day I can as I have fun doing it I just have some hurdles go through before I feel comfortable 
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: LJH24 on January 03, 2018, 10:05:07 PM
natalie.ashlyne and Harley Quinn -

I hope you don't mind me asking. Are these unbelievable changes with surgery, HRT or what? I'm amazed!!
Just hormones, laser hair removal, and hair restoration. I had 3166 grafts in my temples in November of 2016, and hormone therapy brought back most all the hair on my crown. I was pretty bald.

Quote from: Dena on January 03, 2018, 10:22:41 PM
As far as I know, the results you see are the result of HRT and proper makeup application. If Harley ever offers you makeup assistance, don't refuse it.
LOL, thanks Dena. And you were mostly right; I had hair restoration/laser hair removal only. My makeup skills are getting better. It's habit. I am mostly colorblind, so I get help matching my skin tone and count brush strokes to ensure it's even. That's mostly the trick. I paint by numbers 😋

At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on January 03, 2018, 10:12:02 PM
Harley, you have changed so much I would never have guessed that is you in the before pics, I still see Betty Boop in you I love your hair
It's usually the hair that throws people. It was straight for 35 years and it went curly after starting hormones. I have a few friends in the hair biz that I accredit for teaching me how to take care of fine/curly hair.... no more Dove shampoo and towel dry. ::)
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

gabriella8713

Quote from: Harley Quinn on January 03, 2018, 08:29:09 PM
Just hit 23 months and going to see the "head" head shrinker about my letters on Monday.

Before

< moderator removed bad image links>
22 months

Amazing transition  :o can hardly believe it's the same person, but what I really love is how much happier you look now!
  •  

Bari Jo

Victoria, that is really amazing.  I think I'm following your path.  I'm doing the hair restoration and if my before and after looks thatgood in two years in hrt, no FFS for me.  I'll be one happy lady.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Bari Jo on January 04, 2018, 10:55:28 PM
Victoria, that is really amazing.  I think I'm following your path.  I'm doing the hair restoration and if my before and after looks thatgood in two years in hrt, no FFS for me.  I'll be one happy lady.

Bari Jo

I did hair restoration first because to me it was my biggest source of disappointment.  I look at hair as being something that was uniquely feminine.  The way the hairline shapes your face and accentuates the parts of your face that you want.  I would wear a wig and feel immediately more feminine than without.  However, I was annoyed with wigs... they're hot, itchy, uncomfortable, and always need adjustment.  That made my choice very simple.  It was going to take 12 months to get any benefit from Hair restoration, so I did it first. That way, I just had to add makeup and roll.  Hair restoration was the best Facial Feminization Surgery that I could find.  Hands down, best decision I made.
  •  

Michelle_P

Victoria, the hair turned out amazingly well.  You now strongly resemble my ex-sister-in-law, a lovely woman (also accepting!).  That's a complement, hon.  She also has very curly hair and has to deal with the special care it needs.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Harley Quinn

Well, thank you.  I'll take it as it's intended. ;)

I do find it odd that I can't go a week in my life without someone somewhere apparently sharing my face.  As a man and as a woman... go figure!
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Harley Quinn on January 06, 2018, 02:36:17 PM... I do find it odd that I can't go a week in my life without someone somewhere apparently sharing my face.  As a man and as a woman... go figure!

The world is full of good lookin' people
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Roll

Quote from: Harley Quinn on January 06, 2018, 06:28:26 AM
I did hair restoration first because to me it was my biggest source of disappointment.  I look at hair as being something that was uniquely feminine.  The way the hairline shapes your face and accentuates the parts of your face that you want.  I would wear a wig and feel immediately more feminine than without.  However, I was annoyed with wigs... they're hot, itchy, uncomfortable, and always need adjustment.  That made my choice very simple.  It was going to take 12 months to get any benefit from Hair restoration, so I did it first. That way, I just had to add makeup and roll.  Hair restoration was the best Facial Feminization Surgery that I could find.  Hands down, best decision I made.

This is my plan too. Hair is just so important to me. I'm moving along steadily with meds, and just trying to figure out how I am going to pull of selling my collectibles to afford hair transplants as soon as it is realistic (since some say wait for 2 years on the meds before doing transplants). I hate wigs (not only for the usual reason, but I also have a bad association with them with my mom and sister in law's cancers).
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Roll on January 06, 2018, 06:43:30 PM
This is my plan too. Hair is just so important to me. I'm moving along steadily with meds, and just trying to figure out how I am going to pull of selling my collectibles to afford hair transplants as soon as it is realistic (since some say wait for 2 years on the meds before doing transplants). I hate wigs (not only for the usual reason, but I also have a bad association with them with my mom and sister in law's cancers).
Sorry to hear about the cancer. I hope they beat it. It's always hard.

That 2 years is debatable. If you're getting regrowth, then I would ride the wave and let it come in. You'll know if it's going to come back in about 6 months. I saw regrowth in 3 months and it slowed at 7 months so I went ahead with surgery at that time.  If it's not really growing back or filling in, then go for surgery. It's 3 or 4 dollars a graft,  so every little bit counts to ease the burden on the wallet... but it's still going to continue to fill in from the meds after replacement. So once you feel you have a bulk of it from the meds, then do the surgery. It takes about a year for transplants to grow out, and they are going to buzz the areas that they are going to place hair, so you're going to have a weird transition haircut for about a year and a half. Mine is about 18 months and it's finally blending into a decent hair style.

Another thing to consider is "how many grafts they'll place in a session. My doctor specialized in "mega sessions". He did 3166 grafts without breaking a sweat in an afternoon. Some surgeons will only do 1000 in a session and there is a waiting period before they can do a second session or a third etc... And if you need it on your crown and temples that's two separate procedures so you can still lay your head down after surgery. So it could eat up a lot of time and for me that wasn't an option to spread it out 2 years for meds, 2 years of transplants, and another 3 years to grow it out to my shoulders after that... So I did a mega session 9 months in and never regretted it. I am 2 years into transition and still about a year from having my hair down to my collarbone (thank you curly hair ::) )
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Harley Quinn on January 06, 2018, 09:07:39 PM
Sorry to hear about the cancer. I hope they beat it. It's always hard.

This was some years ago now. Unfortunately, my mother did pass away due to it, though my sister in law has been free of relapse for about, I wanna say 8 years now. Which is amazing because she had an extremely deadly, rare form of breast cancer (rare enough they ran news stories about it), it is a complete miracle she survived. (My mother's was caught too late stage, peritoneal-ovarian.)

That 2 years is debatable. If you're getting regrowth, then I would ride the wave and let it come in. You'll know if it's going to come back in about 6 months. I saw regrowth in 3 months and it slowed at 7 months so I went ahead with surgery at that time.  If it's not really growing back or filling in, then go for surgery. It's 3 or 4 dollars a graft,  so every little bit counts to ease the burden on the wallet... but it's still going to continue to fill in from the meds after replacement. So once you feel you have a bulk of it from the meds, then do the surgery. It takes about a year for transplants to grow out, and they are going to buzz the areas that they are going to place hair, so you're going to have a weird transition haircut for about a year and a half. Mine is about 18 months and it's finally blending into a decent hair style.

Another thing to consider is "how many grafts they'll place in a session. My doctor specialized in "mega sessions". He did 3166 grafts without breaking a sweat in an afternoon. Some surgeons will only do 1000 in a session and there is a waiting period before they can do a second session or a third etc... And if you need it on your crown and temples that's two separate procedures so you can still lay your head down after surgery. So it could eat up a lot of time and for me that wasn't an option to spread it out 2 years for meds, 2 years of transplants, and another 3 years to grow it out to my shoulders after that... So I did a mega session 9 months in and never regretted it. I am 2 years into transition and still about a year from having my hair down to my collarbone (thank you curly hair ::) )

The time frame on transplants and then waiting on growth on top of it kills me, I'm pretty much resigned to wigs for the next 3 years. :/ Unfortunately, finances are a concern as well though unless I get really lucky selling off stuff (I'm in school full time right now so no job to fund it ;x) so I pretty much have to wait until the year at a minimum regardless, probably at least a year and a half, before doing transplants to make sure I squeeze everything I can out of the regimen + starting HRT cost wise. *sigh*... Though the long time frame I guess does allow me to look at transplants in conjunction with FFS as well, so I can plan ahead better if I need to cover scars depending on HRT results. (As 18 months on hair regimen would be just over a year hormones, so would be a good indicator of potential FFS needs.)

It's really depressing to think about, but  despite it all though I am overall positive about it since there was a time I thought hair was entirely out of my reach. I've had crazy positive returns from the big 3 regimen even at just over 4 months, it really has kicked my long term enthusiasm up quite a few notches.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Harley Quinn

Terribly sorry to hear about your mom.

Don't worry about hair, they can do wonderful things with hair restoration. I was a Norwood III vertex, almost a IV. I got 80% of my hair back on the crown from meds alone. And they used very little from the back of my head in reality to fix my temples. I get compliments on my hairline all the time. Several hairdressers had no idea that I ever had been balding. So don't fret. It will all work out in time. ☺

Another thought is to look into PRP. They're doing some amazing restorations with just platelet rich plasma alone. They use it to jumpstart damaged follicles to regrow. It's pretty amazing. It's my next procedure, while I finish GRS prep. I am going to try and work it in during my surgical prep months.
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Harley Quinn on January 07, 2018, 07:28:32 AM
Terribly sorry to hear about your mom.

Don't worry about hair, they can do wonderful things with hair restoration. I was a Norwood III vertex, almost a IV. I got 80% of my hair back on the crown from meds alone. And they used very little from the back of my head in reality to fix my temples. I get compliments on my hairline all the time. Several hairdressers had no idea that I ever had been balding. So don't fret. It will all work out in time. ☺

Another thought is to look into PRP. They're doing some amazing restorations with just platelet rich plasma alone. They use it to jumpstart damaged follicles to regrow. It's pretty amazing. It's my next procedure, while I finish GRS prep. I am going to try and work it in during my surgical prep months.

I read about some horrible reactions to PRP that scared me on it when coupled with the cost, though also saw a ton of people saying it was a miracle cure. I'd be very curious to hear how it goes for you if you do try it!
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Roll on January 07, 2018, 09:02:19 AM
I read about some horrible reactions to PRP that scared me on it when coupled with the cost, though also saw a ton of people saying it was a miracle cure. I'd be very curious to hear how it goes for you if you do try it!
I will definitely be posting results. Mine is currently suggested as part of FUT hair restoration by Dr. Gabel in Hillsboro, OR. Dr. Gabel wants to touch up the transition areas on my temples along with grafts to the crown area. It's going to be a finishing touch up and if I go with any FFS (from another surgeon),  he will cover any scarring that occurs at that time. So it's past the research phase, and I am waiting to pull the trigger until I decide on FFS. Which mainly, I have been thinking of fixing the scarring over my right eye and perhaps a brow lift. So it'll be probably 9 months to a year before I do it. Dr. Gabel is a perfectionist... he does simply amazing work and I trust him implicitly. He is past the great head of hair, and is going for "your hair is out of control".  😀
  •  

Karen_A

Quote from: Harley Quinn on January 07, 2018, 07:28:32 AM
I got 80% of my hair back on the crown from meds alone

What meds? I Start HRT at 40 (over 20 years ago) but before that I had started losing hair at the crown...I self prescribed some dutasteride (post-op in 1998) and it seems to bring some back... but i ran into finial issues and stopped it and later HRT altogether... and even though post-op many years, got pretty sparse up there... also have a receding hairline at the temples (had a scalp advance with FFS in 1999 - nut it got worst since then)

When I restarted HRT over 2 years ago the endo refused to prescribe either dutasteride or finasteride. even though the hair loss was obviously male pattern)  because they had never heard of it being used for a post-op... so I started Minoxidil (Rogaine) about8 months ago and it may be helping a little...but not enough...

So what has helped you?
  •  

Kitty June

Quote from: josie76 on November 17, 2017, 08:34:53 AM
No, definitely not a dude! You are looking great Kitty Jane!  ;D
Thank you Jane. I know it's been a while, but I only visit sporadically lol
Hugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Bobbie LeAnn

This was me Jan 30 2016

This is me now as of 10 minuets ago.

Please be kind

Love
Bobbie LeAnn

•  

Roll

:o Looks like you already got a pretty good dose of kind from the boob fairy. ;D
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•