Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danielle79

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on February 01, 2018, 04:43:19 PM
You look very angelic
That's because the photos cut off my devil horns. [emoji39]

That was very sweet, though. Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Danielle79 on February 01, 2018, 05:38:58 PM
That's because the photos cut off my devil horns. [emoji39]

That was very sweet, though. Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thank you, that explains the tail :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

JulieAllana

OMG!  I just can not get over these before and afters.  I went and read through the whole thread today and I am just AMAZED.  I had no hope for my own prospects but after seen some people who were very similar to myself here I am so heartened that I can have a positive outcome.  Estrogen is truly miraculous!  I pray that one day I will have pictures up here where I don't recognize the two pictures from start to finish. If I had seen pictures like these 10 years ago...!!!
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Kendra

This is exactly why I posted mine - hoping to show what is possible in case anyone else might realize things are within reach.  Some of it isn't easy (electrolysis), HRT definitely helps, other things also help (be more careful with decisions that impact health).  The pattern I see most often is strained, temporary smiles replaced with genuine, natural smiles.  Happiness.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: transgenx on February 01, 2018, 09:20:44 PM
OMG!  I just can not get over these before and afters.  I went and read through the whole thread today and I am just AMAZED.  I had no hope for my own prospects but after seen some people who were very similar to myself here I am so heartened that I can have a positive outcome.  Estrogen is truly miraculous!  I pray that one day I will have pictures up here where I don't recognize the two pictures from start to finish. If I had seen pictures like these 10 years ago...!!!
It's a sad fact of life that for quite a while we still see our pre-transition selves in "after" pictures. Some mornings I look in the mirror and cry, and not from joy.

At least now I see a brother and a sister. That's an improvement. Now if only I could be sure which of them would be looking back at me from that window in the bathroom.

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Jacqueline

Thanks for all the positive comments. Obviously, I wish my hair was my own. However without massive amounts of transplants or unlikely magic I can't grow it. So, I do cheat and use a wig. I

do love the estrogen and it does help me. It is amazing how different we all look from our first picture.

I really posted this not as a before and after but a before and where I am today at this time.

With warmth,

Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Dee Marshall on February 01, 2018, 10:18:35 PM
It's a sad fact of life that for quite a while we still see our pre-transition selves in "after" pictures. Some mornings I look in the mirror and cry, and not from joy.

At least now I see a brother and a sister. That's an improvement. Now if only I could be sure which of them would be looking back at me from that window in the bathroom.

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

I see a big difference. You look much more feminine and happy in the second picture. Like a lot of other girls here the before picture looks like someone who stomps puppies and kicks over children's sand castles at the beach. In so many of the before pictures people look just totally angry at the world. I totally know why they are but I'm always surprised how much it shows in the before pictures.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

I Am Jess

Quote from: transgenx on February 01, 2018, 09:20:44 PM

I went back and read your introductory post and I see some similarities in our back stories. You will find that there are girls at your same stage of realization and you will develop a kinship with them as you navigate the process. When I first started 3 years ago I met some incredible women who are real life sisters to me.

We visited these pages looking for hope and found it in these pages. Most of my "classmates" have graduated and moved on. I have a debt here that I have to repay to those women who inspired me to realize that I could transition and not be seen as a freak. I was full of self doubt and fear. Heck, I still have some doubts but I am fully committed and there is no way I could go back. So, use this site for information, inspiration and support. It was almost exactly three years ago that I had my first therapist appointment and started down the road to finding my true self.  I probably could have transitioned without this site but it would have been more difficult. I don't know how much longer I will continue to hang out here but as long as I am here I want to be a resource to my sisters.

I am 6'2" and I now weigh around 190. I was 235 a while back. Weight loss is harder once you start HRT so it's a great thing you are working on it now. I like to think that I'm somewhat proof that even a later in life big girl can transition and not look like a man in a dress (although there are still days that I see too much him in the mirror). If you ever need anything feel free to hit me up via IM - that goes for anyone on this site too.
Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

gg

Quote from: Jacqueline on February 01, 2018, 02:11:13 PM
I guess it is my turn? In the years I have been here this is a first. I still feel my after looks more like most of your befores. (Deep breath) Here goes.

We start with an obligatory very sad, facial haired old white guy.

Next is 9 months into HRT

Last is 1 yr 9 months into HRT.

You look fantastic!
Do you mind if I ask how you got all that beautiful hair? I'm not happy at all with my hairline and I've been looking at options.
"life it what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"
-John Lennon
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: I Am Jess on February 02, 2018, 12:34:30 AM
I went back and read your introductory post and I see some similarities in our back stories. You will find that there are girls at your same stage of realization and you will develop a kinship with them as you navigate the process. When I first started 3 years ago I met some incredible women who are real life sisters to me.

We visited these pages looking for hope and found it in these pages. Most of my "classmates" have graduated and moved on. I have a debt here that I have to repay to those women who inspired me to realize that I could transition and not be seen as a freak. I was full of self doubt and fear. Heck, I still have some doubts but I am fully committed and there is no way I could go back. So, use this site for information, inspiration and support. It was almost exactly three years ago that I had my first therapist appointment and started down the road to finding my true self.  I probably could have transitioned without this site but it would have been more difficult. I don't know how much longer I will continue to hang out here but as long as I am here I want to be a resource to my sisters.

I am 6'2" and I now weigh around 190. I was 235 a while back. Weight loss is harder once you start HRT so it's a great thing you are working on it now. I like to think that I'm somewhat proof that even a later in life big girl can transition and not look like a man in a dress (although there are still days that I see too much him in the mirror). If you ever need anything feel free to hit me up via IM - that goes for anyone on this site too.

That was a beautiful post Jess. I do hope you hang around here for way more time, your effervescence is refreshing and your transformation is jaw dropping. 
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

I guess it is my turn? In the years I have been here this is a first. I still feel my after looks more like most of your befores. (Deep breath) Here goes.

Just wow! What an astounding transformation!! And in such a short amount of time. Amazing.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on February 02, 2018, 08:11:24 AM
Just wow! What an astounding transformation!! And in such a short amount of time. Amazing.

Wow, and your hair.  How?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jacqueline

Sorry. I don't mean to fool anyone.

As I mentioned in a past above, it's a wig. I realized a while ago that my own hair is a thing of the past. Without spending a fortune, medically. The wig cost quite a bit on its own. I now think of it as my hair. I did have it styled

Sorry again if I missed anyone..

Jacqui

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Jacqueline on February 02, 2018, 09:42:24 AM
Sorry. I don't mean to fool anyone.

As I mentioned in a past above, it's a wig. I realized a while ago that my own hair is a thing of the past. Without spending a fortune, medically. The wig cost quite a bit on its own. I now think of it as my hair. I did have it styled

Sorry again if I missed anyone..

Jacqui

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Well the wig is perfect. Looks very natural.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

That was one majestic 'stache, and your wig is worth every penny you spent.  I also thought it was natural hair.

As with most of us, you look way better and happier nowadays.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

JulieAllana

Ok, so here are some pics.  First is from December where life was just *dandy* and I never thought in a million years that I would be able do what I am doing now.  The only physical changes are about 40 pounds, no beard and my hair is down in the second pic.  Also, please don't say I look like I wanted to stomp squirrels in my before pic :)

-Julie

1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Roll

40 pounds in less than 2 months is impressive!! You look like you are off to a running start Julie. :)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

KathyLauren

Jacqueline, the 'before' picture is supposed to be of yourself, not your father!   :D

Seriously, that is an amazing transformation!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jacqueline

You are too kind KathyLauren. That shot was taken the year I became active here, almost 3 years ago. I do see more than a passing resemblance to both my father and his.

Thank you, it's a little embarrassing. I'm not so good with compliments.

I just thought a staff member might be good to see how we struggle with the same problems as everyone else.

Warmly,

Jacqui
Full Time June 1, 2018

•