Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinallyMichelle

Okay, not really much for putting myself out there like this but as I want to put up a before and after in another thread anyway... lets see if I can get this to work.

I don't know how long I will keep these up, it is difficult for me even posting them.
So here we go, from youngest to oldest.

The Christmas after getting out of the hospital.

First drivers photo.

Out of basic, first night in Germany. Ouzo was free flowing, but still not sure why my friend took the picture.

Desert Storm.

First week out.
There were not many pictures taken of me aft that until now. I hate pictures of me.

One of the few, 32 maybe.

5 years ago, age 43.
That is all of the male pictures, I don't know who I was then.
I do know that everyone had to work to make me smile. It's still not easy for me.

45th birthday, three weeks before starting hrt, November 2014.

One year on hormones.

Two years.

6 months ago.

Now.
There were a lot more of the last few years but this is really difficult for me and I got frustrated, so I cut it short. Sorry.
This is kind of a timeline, I hope no one minds.

Ugh! It is so hard for me to hit save.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: FinallyMichelle on February 28, 2018, 03:00:59 PM
Okay, not really much for putting myself out there like this but as I want to put up a before and after in another thread anyway... lets see if I can get this to work.

I don't know how long I will keep these up, it is difficult for me even posting them.

@ FinallyMichelle:
Just a wild guess, but this looks like a "before transition" pic of you when you were younger.
Is there a current "after" pic somewhere to found in another of your posts?
Aspiringperson
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

FinallyMichelle

I wanted to make sure it would work before I did it all.  ;D
  •  

Cassi

First drivers photo.

Out of basic, first night in Germany. Ouzo was free flowing, but still not sure why my friend took the picture.

Desert Storm.

First week out.
There were not many pictures taken of me aft that until now. I hate pictures of me.

5 years ago, age 43.
I do know that everyone had to work to make me smile. It's still not easy for me.

One year on hormones.

Two years.

6 months ago.

Now.
There were a lot more of the last few years but this is really difficult for me and I got frustrated, so I cut it short. Sorry.

Wow, you're definitely going to get some looks!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

FinallyMichelle

Quote from: Cassi on February 28, 2018, 03:42:44 PM
Wow, you're definitely going to get some looks!!!!!

Is that a compliment or a curse? 😆 I don't know if I should thank you or not.
Thanks. 😊
People do look but I never know why. It bothers me a lot lately.
Like now, my boyfriend is taking me out to dinner, I kind of don't want to go.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@ FinallyMichelle:  Thanks for posting your very interesting transition timeline photos.   
The pic of you on your 45th birthday  really looks good considering it was before HRT ... hair, eyebrows, makeup is nicely done.... then of course 2 to 3 years on HRT really did their thing.... you look great.   Thanks for posting your pics.
Looking forward to more updates in the future.
Best wishes.
Aspiringperson

P.S.  In my opinion you should go to dinner with your boyfriend...  I think that you look terrific and should have no difficulty passing....  enjoy your meal with him.-
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

First drivers photo.

Desert Storm.

First week out.

5 years ago, age 43.

One year on hormones.

Two years.

6 months ago.

Now.

You look great I am speechless all I can say is wow
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: FinallyMichelle on February 28, 2018, 03:54:40 PM
Thanks. 😊

What's really kinda freaky for me, is that you're the spitting image of the girl that I left the Marines to marry.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

I Am Jess

Michelle - What an amazing difference!  You are rocking it girl!  People look at beautiful ladies so get used to it.

Here's my latest before and after.....what a difference hair color and length make.  I should have gotten extensions and gone blonde long ago.

Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

FinallyMichelle

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 28, 2018, 03:56:49 PM
@ FinallyMichelle:  Thanks for posting your very interesting transition timeline photos.   
The pic of you on your 45th birthday  really looks good considering it was before HRT ... hair, eyebrows, makeup is nicely done.... then of course 2 to 3 years on HRT really did their thing.... you look great.   Thanks for posting your pics.
Looking forward to more updates in the future.
Best wishes.
Aspiringperson

P.S.  In my opinion you should go to dinner with your boyfriend...  I think that you look terrific and should have no difficulty passing....  enjoy your meal with him.-

😊 I did, ate too much so maybe I should not have. Lol

Thank you.
What's weird is the older pictures don't bother me as much as the ones after I started to transition. It's like they are not even me. That photo of my 45th birthday almost didn't make it, 😝 it grosses me out. I don't want to hide or misrepresent so I put all of me in there, the good and bad.

Thanks, I don't even wear makeup anymore. I want to learn so bad and next week at the conference I hope that I can learn some at the workshops.

I can't promise I will put up anymore. It was really hard for me to put those up and I want to pull them already.

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on February 28, 2018, 04:01:45 PM
You look great I am speechless all I can say is wow

Thank you.

Quote from: Cassi on February 28, 2018, 04:04:02 PM
What's really kinda freaky for me, is that you're the spitting image of the girl that I left the Marines to marry.

I hope she is pretty then if you gave up the Marines for her. Then no one ever really leaves the Marines from what I understand. Everyone says I look like my mom, my aunt calls me her name all the time.

Quote from: I Am Jess on February 28, 2018, 06:02:24 PM
Michelle - What an amazing difference!  You are rocking it girl!  People look at beautiful ladies so get used to it.

Here's my latest before and after.....what a difference hair color and length make.  I should have gotten extensions and gone blonde long ago.

Thanks. It freaks me out when they stare! Lol

You always look great. Lately though it's been settling in on you like it has been there forever. Still inspiring. 🙂
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: FinallyMichelle on February 28, 2018, 03:54:40 PM
Thanks. 😊

LOL, it was definitely intended as a compliment which my later comment regarding my first "real" girlfriend and leaving "Active-Duty" for should support the compliment!

Definitely, positive and not a curse!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Oh my god Michelle, truly amazing!! I know what you mean about the pictures, there are so few of me from the past 20 years it is absurd. To see the changes HRT has worked on you is a sight to behold though, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting those pictures. It is exactly what I needed to see right now! My emotions and self esteem are just ricocheting all over the place, and seeing that sort of clear, absolute effect truly does help calm my fears.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

tgirlamg

Michelle!!!

Such wonderful changes my dear beautiful sister!...You have traveled far in life and far on transitions journey... There is pain in your words though and I don't want that for you...We are often our own harshest critic and being self critical can be a trap that can be hard to get out of...I spent a lot of time in that trap... Nothing of value comes from spending time in that dark place of despair except perhaps a understanding of it and a desire to help others escape it's grasp... It is not a place befitting the gorgeous woman I see in your recent pictures!!!

We can often spend so much time worrying about the external part of transition... You have the external part handled sister! and, in beautiful style... We don't always see it ourself but, ,I hope you know in your heart that what I am saying is true... because it is!

There is much in this world for us to claim, in our new lives, that is joyous... That is what I want for you always Michelle...

Onward we go brave sister,

Hugs, Love and Respect...

Ashley 🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

2.B.Dana

FinallyMichelle,

Your timeline was inspirational!! The chocolate chip cami's (utilities) were a blast from the past. I enjoyed that outing in the sand in the Corps myself.

I have enjoyed your many posts recently. Keep them up!
Cheers,

Dana

•  

Cassi

Quote from: 2.B.Dana on February 28, 2018, 11:37:25 PM
FinallyMichelle,

Your timeline was inspirational!! The chocolate chip cami's (utilities) were a blast from the past. I enjoyed that outing in the sand in the Corps myself.

Still waiting for my cheese Devil Dogette!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: FinallyMichelle on February 28, 2018, 07:01:20 PM
😊 I did, ate too much so maybe I should not have. Lol

Thank you.
What's weird is the older pictures don't bother me as much as the ones after I started to transition. It's like they are not even me. That photo of my 45th birthday almost didn't make it, 😝 it grosses me out. I don't want to hide or misrepresent so I put all of me in there, the good and bad.

Thanks, I don't even wear makeup anymore. I want to learn so bad and next week at the conference I hope that I can learn some at the workshops.

I can't promise I will put up anymore. It was really hard for me to put those up and I want to pull them already.

🙂
Michelle - I think you look great!  Do consider that many people on this website consider themselves 'works in progress' as do I,  in more ways than one.  Chin up young lady!

Sonja x
  •  

josie76

Quote@ josie76:  Wow-whee......  thanks for posting your before and after pictures... for just a little over a year of HRT that is very good progress indeed....  I see a lot more that just "some changes" ... looking forward to more updates in the future.
Wishing you well,
Aspiringperson

QuoteJosie!!!... What wonderful and beautiful changes my beautiful sister!... You have traveled far in just a short time with HRT....  Kudos to you!!!...  Ashley

QuoteJosie, wow - what a change!  Especially from that first photo.  I know your back pain issues were a terrible setback, but now that you've had successful surgery you definitely have better days ahead.  You go girl! Kendra

QuoteWow Josie you look totally amazing 2 totally different people Natalie

Goodness thank you, all of you!  :D It's certainly harder for me to see any differences. You all certainly know how to lift this girl's spirits!
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

FinallyMichelle

Quote from: Cassi on February 28, 2018, 07:14:33 PM
LOL, it was definitely intended as a compliment which my later comment regarding my first "real" girlfriend and leaving "Active-Duty" for should support the compliment!

Definitely, positive and not a curse!!!!

Whew! 😊

Quote from: Roll on February 28, 2018, 11:06:02 PM
Oh my god Michelle, truly amazing!! I know what you mean about the pictures, there are so few of me from the past 20 years it is absurd. To see the changes HRT has worked on you is a sight to behold though, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting those pictures. It is exactly what I needed to see right now! My emotions and self esteem are just ricocheting all over the place, and seeing that sort of clear, absolute effect truly does help calm my fears.

I am glad that it could help you. 🙂 I was never going to post anything like that, it was not easy. I had been thinking lately that there are no timelines anymore or not that I have seen. When I first came to the internet for help they were everywhere, for whatever reason they had gotten more scarce. I should have been sleeping the other afternoon instead of struggling with the diabolical craftiness of technology, but I just needed to. I don't know why I did it but if it helped you I am happy that I did.

You will be okay dearheart, it can get really dark sometimes but the other side is sooooo worth it.

Quote from: tgirlamc on February 28, 2018, 11:09:09 PM
Michelle!!!

Such wonderful changes my dear beautiful sister!...You have traveled far in life and far on transitions journey... There is pain in your words though and I don't want that for you...We are often our own harshest critic and being self critical can be a trap that can be hard to get out of...I spent a lot of time in that trap... Nothing of value comes from spending time in that dark place of despair except perhaps a understanding of it and a desire to help others escape it's grasp... It is not a place befitting the gorgeous woman I see in your recent pictures!!!

We can often spend so much time worrying about the external part of transition... You have the external part handled sister! and, in beautiful style... We don't always see it ourself but, ,I hope you know in your heart that what I am saying is true... because it is!

There is much in this world for us to claim, in our new lives, that is joyous... That is what I want for you always Michelle...

Onward we go brave sister,

Hugs, Love and Respect...

Ashley 🌻

And somehow you see through everything. 😃 You are right, logically I know that but my brain is stubborner than wherever I keep my logic.

I have never know anyone as nice as you and I hope that your friends and family appreciate you as much as everyone here.

Hugs
Quote from: 2.B.Dana on February 28, 2018, 11:37:25 PM
FinallyMichelle,

😃 Over a quarter century ago and we all remember it like yesterday, for me it was probably because we couldn't drink. 😉

I always feel like I am a joke that talks too much, maybe I am not so bad if you can get anything out of all that I write. 🙂

Quote from: Sonja on March 01, 2018, 11:10:21 PM
Michelle - I think you look great!  Do consider that many people on this website consider themselves 'works in progress' as do I,  in more ways than one.  Chin up young lady!

Sonja x

"Young" You are too generous. 😊 I can handle it though.
I think that if I had an official title it would be - Work in Progress. From your avatar your progress has been impressive.

There are so many beautiful women here. Young and not so much, yes we know we are getting older 😃, I see so many that don't know that they are beautiful yet though. That is what this thread is about though, hope, hope that tomorrow will be better.

Lol, I have seen so many come and go. Beautiful women, smart women, caring women, women that I have admired and respected without ever saying a word. I admire so many of you, there is nothing special about me and for me that timeline was a roadmap of pain but maybe it gave back to some of you the comfort or help that you have given me.

Michelle
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: FinallyMichelle on March 02, 2018, 04:59:20 PM
There are so many beautiful women here...

I see so many that don't know that they are beautiful yet though. That is what this thread is about though, hope, hope that tomorrow will be better

I know one of the women you are talking about that doesn't fully know yet... Her name is Michelle...

I look forward to the day when she fully embraces the power of what she has accomplished...The strength of the beautiful woman who has traveled so far, and through so much, to be here with us....I want the joy of that to fill her heart and then... I want her to look knowingly in the mirror... smile...and remember the lyrics to an old song...

"I was lost, but now I'm found... I was blind, but now I see"

Onward we go my brave and precious sister,

Hugs!!!

Ashley ❤️
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

roseyfox

I rather not
  •