Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

No such thang as posting too many photos!

Awesome progress!!!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Thessa

Quote from: LaRell on March 19, 2018, 12:41:00 PM
I feel like I post too many of these, but it's just so fun to watch yourself develop into who you always were on the inside!  I've been so confident lately, that I actually recorded a 30 minute long video the other day talking about some of my experiences and what I need from people in my life, and I posted it publically to Facebook.  It's only been on YouTube for 3 days and already has 538 views.  Crazy!

Anyway, my wife and I went up to Denver for the afternoon yesterday.  So I wore one of my new skirts I had been dying for the opportunity to wear.  We went out to eat, then did a little shopping.  I needed a new outfit for a photoshoot I was asked to do this evening.  I guy I know who loves transwomen and specializes in trying to capture their essence in photographs.  He approached me a few weeks ago and asked if I would come let him photograph me.  So that should be lots of fun!  I'm pretty nervous though!!!

But anyway, here is my current before and after.  I feel like every day I look more and more feminine.  So it seems like every day when I take a new picture, I love it so much more than the previous ones.  It's amazing!

I support Cassi's statement - great progress in just 8 months.

Every post will show someone out there that we can change much more than we can imagine at the beginning of the journey!
  •  

epvanbeveren

This selfie I took in the morning at my hotel before heading out to my doctor for my "last" post-op GRS visit/examination. No make up, no "filling" in my bra... All natural. (my eyes where burning though)

I am a K. MacPhee girl, re-born on October 4 2017 in Raleigh/Durham NC. USA
I was AMAB on May 6 1963 in Dordrecht, the Netherlands.

OUT and proud - 2014
HRT - 2015
Legal - 2016
GRS - 2017

Full Time - 01/01/2015:
first day (01) of new life (01), '15 = opposite of 51 (my age at the time)

•  

Cassi

Awesome.  Sorry bout your eyes.  In fact at first when viewing your picture my first thought was awesome, she's doing good but what's with her eyes!  Good job!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I have never posted a 'before and after' in this thread, but I am just shy of my one year HRT anniversary and decided it was time to post! The first photo was taken on 16 Feb 2017, the second photo was on 21 March 2018. I never thought I would look like this after just one year.

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Allison S

Not a before/after but seemed like the best place to post this anyway.

Pretty much where I'm at 6 months on hrt. I'm fairly patient but I wasn't expecting the emotional craziness. Trying to find relief for my dysphoria is getting harder. But I know it gets harder before it's easier.

I told my laser tech I want facial surgeries because of bone structures and she laughed at me. I don't think she meant anything bad about it and it was more of a "you don't need it" response. I don't have the money for ffs anyway and I'm not working right now so... I'm pretty much stuck where I am.

Oh and Danielle, I'm taking your advice to journal more lol I think this is the most current photo I've shared, the last being 6 months and wearing a wig and makeup. I kind of feel like a bit of a fraud now but maybe this is what I need... who knows!

Some guy on a dating app said my face looks yellow.. lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Northern Star Girl

snipped:
Quote from: Allison S on March 28, 2018, 06:12:04 PM
- - - - - --
I told my laser tech I want facial surgeries because of bone structures and she laughed at me. I don't think she meant anything bad about it and it was more of a "you don't need it" response. I don't have the money for ffs anyway and I'm not working right now so... I'm pretty much stuck where I am.
- - - - - - -
Pretty much where I'm at 6 months on hrt. I'm fairly patient but I wasn't expecting the emotional craziness. Trying to find relief for my dysphoria is getting harder. But I know it gets harder before it's easier.
.- - - - - --
Oh and Danielle, I'm taking your advice to journal more lol I think this is the most current photo I've shared, the last being 6 months and wearing a wig and makeup. I kind of feel like a bit of a fraud now but maybe this is what I need... who knows!

Dear Allison:   
I am glad that you are deciding to keep your own journal... you will find it will be very calming and it will help you to process your thoughts, good and bad.

Regarding what your Laser Tech told you.... yes, for sure take it as a compliment!!!!   I agree with her assessment!

Hang in there, HRT is for the long run... you will get past this bump in the road....  PATIENCE!! and bear with it for now, things will get better and you will look back and conclude that it was well worth the effort, willpower and self-determination to do what you have to do.

Hugs, and wishing your the best.
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 28, 2018, 06:23:19 PM
snipped:
Dear Allison:   
I am glad that you are deciding to keep your own journal... you will find it will be very calming and it will help you to process your thoughts, good and bad.

Regarding what your Laser Tech told you.... yes, for sure take it as a compliment!!!!   I agree with her assessment!

Hang in there, HRT is for the long run... you will get past this bump in the road....  PATIENCE!! and bear with it for now, things will get better and you will look back and conclude that it was well worth the effort, willpower and self-determination to do what you have to do.

Hugs, and wishing your the best.
Danielle

Thanks, Danielle you're having me open up more and more. I do feel relieved a bit. This is what I look day to day right now and I just have to cringe through it right now.

•  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: Allison S on March 28, 2018, 06:12:04 PM

Some guy on a dating app said my face looks yellow.. lol

Hi Allison  I agree with Danielle about your laser technition  I think you are going to be very beautiful you do have nice bone structure  from the pics I have seen once your hair grows and you get it styled you are going to be a little hottie. You do have great potential. I don't see the yellow in your face of there is may be the lighting? Well I think you look great.
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

This pic was 2 years ago to the day                       This pic was 3 days ago

•  

Cassi

Wow, what a difference a year makes Tiffany :)-
Nice.....Didn't want you to think otherwise :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: Cassi on March 28, 2018, 09:22:08 PM
Wow, what a difference a year makes Tiffany :)-
Nice.....Didn't want you to think otherwise :)

Thank you Cassi you made my day :)  The First pic was on the First Time I went to Interest Arbitration as president of the Union big long day that I remember so clearly
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on March 28, 2018, 09:28:50 PM
Thank you Cassi you made my day :)  The First pic was on the First Time I went to Interest Arbitration as president of the Union big long day that I remember so clearly

I would have been afraid to deal with that Union Rep, lol.
Actually, when it came to a number of unions I had to deal with, especially over employee conduct, I tried to work with the union before doing corrective action back in the day.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: Cassi on March 28, 2018, 09:30:43 PM
I would have been afraid to deal with that Union Rep, lol.
Actually, when it came to a number of unions I had to deal with, especially over employee conduct, I tried to work with the union before doing corrective action back in the day.

Lol I do try to work with management to the best of my abilities But some times my management is as stubborn and bitchy as me. lol 
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on March 28, 2018, 07:56:17 PM
Hi Allison  I agree with Danielle about your laser technition  I think you are going to be very beautiful you do have nice bone structure  from the pics I have seen once your hair grows and you get it styled you are going to be a little hottie. You do have great potential. I don't see the yellow in your face of there is may be the lighting? Well I think you look great.
I'm not sure I think he was referring to another photo. The one in my hot pink crop top. And thanks Natalie! I think another year or so is what I need.

•  

Cassi

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on March 28, 2018, 09:43:50 PM
Lol I do try to work with management to the best of my abilities But some times my management is as stubborn and bitchy as me. lol

In all honesty, I wasn't as bitchy back in the day and of course it was 9 years ago.  For some reason some people who become managers or supervisors for that matter should be.

One thing that use to blow away employees is when they'd come up to me to tell me this or that was wrong and I'd asked, "What Do You Think We Should Do?".  Initially, most thought I was asking a trick question but in reality if I wasn't experienced with what they exactly did I felt that most would have a good idea on what to do to correct the issue.  And in cases where they did tell me and we did it and it worked they were given credit for it, sometimes awards or at the very least public or work acknowledgement.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: Cassi on March 28, 2018, 10:51:31 PM
In all honesty, I wasn't as bitchy back in the day and of course it was 9 years ago.  For some reason some people who become managers or supervisors for that matter should be.

One thing that use to blow away employees is when they'd come up to me to tell me this or that was wrong and I'd asked, "What Do You Think We Should Do?".  Initially, most thought I was asking a trick question but in reality if I wasn't experienced with what they exactly did I felt that most would have a good idea on what to do to correct the issue.  And in cases where they did tell me and we did it and it worked they were given credit for it, sometimes awards or at the very least public or work acknowledgement.

I will say I would have been very appreciative if you were my manager I like your ideas. We are going through a shift in management now and things are looking brighter hope it continues :) 
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on March 28, 2018, 10:59:49 PM
I will say I would have been very appreciative if you were my manager I like your ideas. We are going through a shift in management now and things are looking brighter hope it continues :)

I hope your management does a positive shift.  Depending on the supervisor or manager and their experience, if they're new and learning, most feel that they have to ""Prove" themselves to their superiors and will not take input well.  Not all but enough to make things difficult for everyone involved.  Eventually, from my experience, I have seen these types come and go.  Unfortunately, damage created by them sometimes cannot be repaired.  Sometimes, common sense will win out - one can only hope. 

Thank you for the compliment.  While my experience and background has involved "life and death" situations - not all but some, maintaining a sense of humor and being able to recognize one's own faults (which isn't easily done and I know that from my own experience) takes time.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

KathyLauren

It's been a while since I did an official before-and-after post.

The before pic is from a year and a half ago.  I was out to family and close friends and starting to pursue transition, but obviously still presenting as male, and still pre-HRT.  The after pic is from last week.  The camera angles are similar, so it makes a good comparison.

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •