Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

And as usual this thread never ceases to amaze. Every last one of you is a beacon of hope.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

aaajjj55

Quote from: Drexy/Drex on July 22, 2018, 09:12:08 PM

Drexy,

As I said on your other thread, your transformation is nothing short of spectacular!  The contrast between your before and after pictures is just amazing and the process has taken years, if not decades off you!  I hope you won't mind me asking but how old are you?

Thank you for being such an inspiration,

Amanda
  •  

Rachel_Christina

OMG that was a crazy transformation Drexy!

•  

Drexy/Drex

De Nada Amanda..... 55😉
Thank you Rachel...... yes I guess it was/ is 😅
Watching  yours was inspiring!
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

aaajjj55

Quote from: Drexy/Drex on July 23, 2018, 03:11:06 AM
De Nada Amanda..... 55😉

Wow - I'm speechless! 

I have to confess that I asked because I suspected that we were of a similar age from the 'before' photo (we are) but if I hadn't seen it and had only seen the 'after', I would have guessed late 30s.  What you have achieved is an inspiration to all of us and just proves that it's never too late.

I look forward to further updates.

Amanda
  •  

tgirlamg

Drexy!... You Done Good My Friend!!!...🙂

KILLIN' IT BIG TIME!!!!! 🙂 I knew you were goin' places from day one... Congrats on getting through all that this takes with style and enjoy all of the life that follows!!!

Onward we go my friend!!!

Ashley 🙂💕🌸🦋🙏
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: Drexy/Drex on July 23, 2018, 03:11:06 AM
De Nada Amanda..... 55😉
Thank you Rachel...... yes I guess it was/ is 😅
Watching  yours was inspiring!
@Drexy/Drex

Hi Drexy,

I just wanted to say, I find your transition inspiring, you look so beautiful in your avatar photo X

Sonja
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Kendra

Drexy your changes are stunning, proof of what is possible.  Wow.  So beautiful now and your smile is so natural.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Thx Kendra 😊 yes it took some work ....there a fair bit of.makeup there but it's a big improvement....now I just have to get as slim as you and look as good as you el natural ;) that's the goal look good without smoke and mirrors ....but I guess every woman puts on her face for the day light or heavy.... isn't ffs marvelous...
True the smile is a happy one ....first time I've seen it
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Maddie86

ok, so the pics I posted last week don't show off how I really was before transition. I found a pic of me playing guitar in November of 2016, which was 3 months before I decided that I needed to transition. In November 2016 I still drank every night and I was about 300lbs. The pics I posted last week started in July of 2017 when I was 7 months sober and weighed around 220

Here's a pic I took saturday night at my apartment. quite the difference :)
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I'll say, going to the bass is a big step.

But on a serious note, that is a remarkable transition for sure and you look great.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Maddie86 on July 25, 2018, 07:47:43 AM
Vive la différence!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Kendra

Maddie, wow!  What an incredible difference - and in such a short amount of time. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

BrianaJ

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on July 25, 2018, 07:55:17 AM

Colleen my thoughts too!  LOL 

Maddie, I really like your bass.  I love the natural finish.  I have a Fender from '73 with a natural finish that has a similar look.  And the the change in you - wow!  Absolutely amazing.  You saved your life in many ways friend. 
~~Be kind~~
  •  

BrianaJ

Drexy, that is absolutely amazing.  You look fantastic now.  In your before pics, to me you have a somewhat sad or melancholic look about you.  You absolutely glow in your after pics. 
~~Be kind~~
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Maddie86 on July 25, 2018, 07:47:43 AM
ok, so the pics I posted last week don't show off how I really was before transition. I found a pic of me playing guitar in November of 2016, which was 3 months before I decided that I needed to transition. In November 2016 I still drank every night and I was about 300lbs. The pics I posted last week started in July of 2017 when I was 7 months sober and weighed around 220

@Maddie86
Dear Maddie:   Wowzers!!!   That is quite a "before and after" comparison.  You are not only a shadow of your former self but the HRT did it's magic for sure.
Results such as you have shown do not come easily as you are certainly aware.  The weight loss alone takes fierce determination and sheer willpower.  Then there are the other items such as hair, makeup, grooming, clothing, body movements, etc...   CONGRATULATIONS to you for showing us that your hard work has paid off.

Thank you so much Maddie for posting this... a great encouragement to all that read your thread.
Obviously as your journey continues more things are in store for you, please keep posting your updates as you have been.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Maddie86

aww thanks everyone!

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on July 25, 2018, 07:55:17 AM

I've actually been playing bass since I was 13! I tried guitar a couple times before that but couldn't get the hang of it, then I started it again when I was 17 and since then I've had bands where I've done both. I like guitar but I feel like I'm more creative when I'm playing bass

Quote from: BrianaJ on July 25, 2018, 08:57:51 AM
Colleen my thoughts too!  LOL 

Maddie, I really like your bass.  I love the natural finish.  I have a Fender from '73 with a natural finish that has a similar look.  And the the change in you - wow!  Absolutely amazing.  You saved your life in many ways friend. 

Thanks! The bass is a Warmoth that I put together myself. I picked a body with a really nice wood grain and then I finished it with tung oil. I don't really care for the headstock on it but it plays nice and sounds amazing! And i'm kinda jealous, I've been wanting a 70's Fender bass for years! I'd probably go with either a mocha or natural P-bass! maybe some day lol
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 25, 2018, 10:14:48 AM
@Maddie86
Dear Maddie:   Wowzers!!!   That is quite a "before and after" comparison.  You are not only a shadow of your former self but the HRT did it's magic for sure.
Results such as you have shown do not come easily as you are certainly aware.  The weight loss alone takes fierce determination and sheer willpower.  Then there are the other items such as hair, makeup, grooming, clothing, body movements, etc...   CONGRATULATIONS to you for showing us that your hard work has paid off.

Thank you so much Maddie for posting this... a great encouragement to all that read your thread.
Obviously as your journey continues more things are in store for you, please keep posting your updates as you have been.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Thanks! yes, the weight loss alone is hard, it was a lot easier before starting HRT! I've started jogging again after taking a break for a while and it's harder on me than it used to be, and I don't really lose weight anymore, I just pretty much have to work out to maintain the same weight. I do still eat like a pig though, just take a look at my posts in the cooking section of the board!

and I agree, all the hair and makeup and mannerisms can be quite overwhelming! In a way I'm glad I stayed in the closet for a bit while I got used to some stuff. I think I've got my hair down pretty well but I'm still learning a lot about makeup, even though I'm getting better at it I still have a ways to go, but I'll get there :)
  •  

emma-f

I dont think I've ever posted my boy pics before. This was one year ago, I'd been on hormones for ages anyway, but its the best I can do:

and one year later

•