Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drexy/Drex

Quote from: Kendra on September 09, 2018, 11:22:44 PM
I agree.

Me in 1984 - age 21

2013 at age 50

November 2017 at age 54, with Saha and Bethany.

August 2018

Yesterday - Saha, me, and Bethany

September 2018 - age 55

I turned 55 today, and just starting many good things in life.  I get to live twice!
Wow impressive 👍😉😊
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: I Am Jess on September 11, 2018, 04:10:25 PM
Here's a 40 year difference.  In high school I always wore my hair long and had perms.  I guess it was a way to cope with my gender issues.

OMG Jess! Your afro back then! Looked really thick though.
Difference is insane though! It's funny I have like two old pics of me as a guy

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: I Am Jess on September 11, 2018, 04:10:25 PM
Here's a 40 year difference.  In high school I always wore my hair long and had perms.  I guess it was a way to cope with my gender issues.

Jess... So nice to have a fellow survivor of the Disco Era on here... 🤪 Thankfully the world was able to survive and move on!!! 😀

Looking gorgeous my dear sister

A 😀💕🌻

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

KatieP

Being new to Susan's, I had never been to this thread before. And, while I admit to not actually reading all 71 pages, the main thing I have learned from this thread is:

Really good looking guys make really good looking women...

;D

And, Ashley, Quarter Dome and Nevada Falls early in the season? You were a total stud, which goes perfectly with your total studette now...

Kate
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: KatieP on September 14, 2018, 09:44:50 AM
Being new to Susan's, I had never been to this thread before. And, while I admit to not actually reading all 71 pages, the main thing I have learned from this thread is:

Really good looking guys make really good looking women...

;D

And, Ashley, Quarter Dome and Nevada Falls early in the season? You were a total stud, which goes perfectly with your total studette now...

Kate

@KatieP

Ha!... Thanks for the studette rating Kate!!!... that was on my 50th birthday... the hike down was pretty hairy by way of trails that were officially still closed and, for good reasons!... iced over with steep drop offs and chunks of ice bigger than old Cadillacs that had tumbled down and were blocking the trails... it was a good day... the calm before the storm in a way... At that time I didn't foresee any great changes in my life ahead but, a year or two later... the dysphoria I thought I had successfully buried well enough started hitting me like a freight train and I decided to finely look a bit closer at what had been going on under the surface for my whole life... Better late than never!!!

Onward we go brave sister!!!

Ashley 🙂🌸❤️

. by Ashley Campbell, on Flickr

Untitled by Ashley Campbell, on Flickr
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

BriBriMW

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on June 29, 2017, 02:06:38 PM
I think HRT has been good to me and I will soon hit my 1 year mark :)
Started at 26.

I hope my changes can encourage people, because back when I started it was hard to see the girl inside.
I had stopped wearing female clothes when I could only see a man. It was probably 15 year since I wore female clothes, before transition obviously lol

This entire process has changed my life in every way for the better.
I am in no way finished, but it can only get better :)
Love yas 💕
Rachel 💋

@Rachel_Christina You give me hope among my feelings of hopelessness. I'm just barely drinking age, and can't transition for the next 2 years due to financial agreements regarding school. I'm really worried that by the time I start HRT I'd be pushing it since 25 seems to be the rumored cutoff for more passable results. Thank you. I hope I have as much luck as you did.

Rachel_Christina

Aww BriBri thank you.
You are gonna have to stay strong and positive.
Don't worry about what might and might not happen.
I can see you are in a tough position. You gotta keep going and keep focused on the goal, but don't be letting the trans problems effect your schooling too. School and how successful we are at it will really help with transition too. Financially mostly anyway.
I will tell you I only started living full time at the beginning of this year.
Here I am, on my first day of my new job on Friday, first job as woman too btw.

This is with nothing more than hormones, all natural, natural hair no implants no facial surgery nothing. And at 28
The only surgeries I'm considering right now is maybe a BA and bilateral orchi.

Talk to people here, they will show you so much is possible.
I would say what you can do right now is look after your skin and hair. Eat healthy and stay fit.
I think all these things help a smooth transition.
Grow out your hair too. My hair was something, the only thing actually that I could kind of grow out through all my life that kept me kind of sane. It was the wee attachment I had to my feminine side
Stay strong girl, 💖 Rachel

•  

KatieP

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on September 16, 2018, 02:13:57 AM

This is with nothing more than hormones, all natural, natural hair no implants no facial surgery nothing.

So... You are saying this is the "Before" picture? OMG...  ;D

Kate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: BriBriMW on September 16, 2018, 01:51:08 AM
@Rachel_Christina You give me hope among my feelings of hopelessness. I'm just barely drinking age, and can't transition for the next 2 years due to financial agreements regarding school. I'm really worried that by the time I start HRT I'd be pushing it since 25 seems to be the rumored cutoff for more passable results. Thank you. I hope I have as much luck as you did.
@BriBriMW   
Dear BriBrMW:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts here on various threads here the Forum and for your recent posts and replies.
Many of our members are aware of your arrival here and you can be expecting them to share their thoughts with you relevant to you questions and concerns as some have already done.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others have done that may have been in your circumstances.
Be aware that there are a lot of members here that can identify with your situation as you feel free to share it.

Please allow me to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others  and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.
It is nice that you had signed up so you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace. 
I have included Important LINKS that will tell you about Susan's Place.  Included there is information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@BriBriMW
Oh, and another thing BriBriMw:
Just before I let you have your posting back so that other members can comment on your posted thoughts.....   would you please stop by the  Introductions Forum  to tell more members about yourself and your arrival here on the Forums.  You can include some brief information about yourself so other like-minded members will be able to share with you, and you with them.

If you are one of our younger members, please stop by the Youth Introductions Forum

Enjoy your time here on the Forums, I trust that you will find this an enjoyable and informative experience.
Best wishes to you.... and again, Welcome to Susan's Place
Danielle

•  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: KatieP on September 16, 2018, 05:53:34 PM
So... You are saying this is the "Before" picture? OMG...  ;D

Kate

Haha no unfortunately before, having my hair that long would have had me battered. Lol that's how you know

•  

Faith

I thought, maybe, it was time enough to do a before/after. I'm close to the 1 year mark of self-awareness and 7 months HRT.

The before: My Brother and I at a camping trip in 2014. I'm the one standing (in case it wasn't obvious)

The current. Well, you've seen some current in my thread and my profile picture
.. let me dig ....

At the same time as my profile picture:

I don't remember if I shared this one from one month ago

I think I need a proper photo session as opposed to phone selfies.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Donica

I think that last picture is a new avatar candidate. And no it wasn't obvious. I could only guess by your hair color. You are a night and day difference. Looking good Faith! BTW! I love your hair.

Hugs girl!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on October 02, 2018, 09:39:32 AM
I think that last picture is a new avatar candidate. And no it wasn't obvious. I could only guess by your hair color. You are a night and day difference. Looking good Faith! BTW! I love your hair.

Hugs girl!
Donica.

@Faith
Dear Faith:
    I fully agree with what  @Donica  stated.....   about using your last picture in that your set of 3 as your new Avatar/Profile picture(If you have not noticed by now, I am always updating and changing mine.... girls want change!)
    Like she said, we can all guess by your hair color and to me I can see that even back then you had beautiful hair as you do now.

Thank you for posting and keeping all of us tuned in to your journey.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

•  

Faith

Quote from: Donica on October 02, 2018, 09:39:32 AM

Hugs girl!
Donica.

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 02, 2018, 10:46:24 AM
@Faith
Dear Faith:
    I fully agree with what  @Donica  stated.....   about using your last picture in that your set of 3 as your new Avatar/Profile picture(If you have not noticed by now, I am always updating and changing mine.... girls want change!)
    Like she said, we can all guess by your hair color and to me I can see that even back then you had beautiful hair as you do now.

Thank you for posting and keeping all of us tuned in to your journey.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

Everybody loves my hair  :D And yes, my hair has always been this way. I started turning gray in my teens. By late 20's it was 50/50 on color; by mid 30's? it was as it is now. My hair always had volume and softness (no, you can't feel softness in a picture, trust me - it is though). The primary difference now is length. I've had it shoulder-blade length before but never this long, especially in the front.

I cannot make that a profile picture, I simply cannot look at it that much. The one I have is OK because of distance.

thanks for the compliments.
Faith

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on October 02, 2018, 11:01:21 AM
Everybody loves my hair  :D And yes, my hair has always been this way. I started turning gray in my teens. By late 20's it was 50/50 on color; by mid 30's? it was as it is now. My hair always had volume and softness (no, you can't feel softness in a picture, trust me - it is though). The primary difference now is length. I've had it shoulder-blade length before but never this long, especially in the front.

I cannot make that a profile picture, I simply cannot look at it that much. The one I have is OK because of distance.

thanks for the compliments.
Faith

@Faith
Dear Faith:
Obviously it is completely your choice about pictures that you want on your threads and postings....   absolutely no more pressure coming from me.   Your followers however are seeing all of your pictures as a celebration of your continued and successful journey toward your goal....

Yes, you are most welcome for our complimentss....  "A smart girl always and gladly accepts compliments!"

HUGS,
Danielle

•  

Harley Quinn

Amazing transition Faith. Very impressive. I love your picture with the blouse. For only 7 months you're making me jealous... I didn't have that kind of change in 2+ years.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Harley Quinn on October 02, 2018, 01:08:06 PM
Amazing transition Faith. Very impressive. I love your picture with the blouse. For only 7 months you're making me jealous... I didn't have that kind of change in 2+ years.

Thank you Harley.
... I'm trying to find the right words to express my thoughts, It'll probably come out wrong ...
I really appreciate peoples comments, like yours, helping me see myself from a different perspective. There's a lot that I can't see for myself and it does get me down at times.

People seem to like my pictures, I can barely look at them. I want to see more of what other people see :(  I do know that the changes that I see are beyond anything I expected, especially at my age in a relatively short time.

My recent outing proved that to me. To pass 100% to people that don't know me with no one realizing until a misgendering comment was made. Really solidified the changes for me.

•  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Faith on October 02, 2018, 01:37:41 PM
Thank you Harley.
... I'm trying to find the right words to express my thoughts, It'll probably come out wrong ...
I really appreciate peoples comments, like yours, helping me see myself from a different perspective. There's a lot that I can't see for myself and it does get me down at times.

People seem to like my pictures, I can barely look at them. I want to see more of what other people see :(  I do know that the changes that I see are beyond anything I expected, especially at my age in a relatively short time.

My recent outing proved that to me. To pass 100% to people that don't know me with no one realizing until a misgendering comment was made. Really solidified the changes for me.

I completely understand not seeing the changes in the mirror. I'm told that I have a feminine face and I Can't see it without make-up. I am literally 2 different people before and after a couple brush strokes. I don't think it gets easier not being our own worst critics... but the changes are definitely there for you my dear. 🙂
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Harley Quinn on October 02, 2018, 01:41:45 PM
I completely understand not seeing the changes in the mirror. I'm told that I have a feminine face and I Can't see it without make-up. I am literally 2 different people before and after a couple brush strokes. I don't think it gets easier not being our own worst critics... but the changes are definitely there for you my dear. 🙂

I'm told that I have a feminine face

I'm One!!  I've envied your look since the first photo that I saw. And thank you again for your positive comments.
Faith

•