Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on October 08, 2018, 06:19:55 PM
It's been a while since I posted a before-and-after.  The before pic is from 2011.  The after is from last month.

Speechless!! [emoji50][emoji7]

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

It's been a while since I posted a before-and-after.  The before pic is from 2011.  The after is from last month.

@KathyLauren
Dear Kathy... 7 years makes quite a big difference in your appearance ..... quite an amazing change for sure.
I definitely see a big difference in the appearance of your face. 
Kathy, you are an absolutely beautiful woman.

Thanks for sharing with your fans..
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Courtney.lane408 on October 07, 2018, 04:51:57 AM

Everyone is always so nice to me so here is another timeline! These get more fun every time.

(-5 years from starting on hrt, - 3 months starting on hrt , and 8 months hrt which was a couple weeks ago )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Courtney.lane408
Very nice progression of your HRT progress, and in only 8 months!!!
As beautiful as you are not, there will surely be more to come...
...hang on tight for the exciting ride, it gets even better.

Thanks for posting your timeline.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

autumn08

Hi everyone,

I'm now past the year and a half mark of my transition... I honestly didn't know if I'd make it this far.

So, over the last 6 months, the largest difficulty has been not being able to repress my emotions nearly as effectively, and so having to consistently fight harder to keep myself from spiraling downward. This has given me a stronger impetus to fix my problems, and, as a result, I'm much healthier mentally than when I started transitioning. But, yeah, the emotional ups and downs of a 29 y.o. messed up woman who's just now learning how to handle being a woman, after spending most of her life as guy, can be pretty intense.

The effects on my relationships, dating and my likelihood of getting harassed aren't nearly what I'd feared they'd be. This is largely due to luck, but FYI, if a part of you fears that you may end up alone for the rest of your life and constantly laughed at, like a part of me feared, that part may be wrong.

Anyway, to those on the fence, as someone who used to live as a straight guy who could never seriously imagine that they'd transition, the potential for an unimaginably happier life existed for me and may exist for you.

Pre-Transition

1 year and 6 months

•  

stephaniec

•  

Dani

Quote from: autumn08 on October 15, 2018, 01:27:39 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm now past the year and a half mark of my transition... I honestly didn't know if I'd make it this far.

1 year and 6 months

Isn't it wonderful to be young when you transition. The changes happen so fast.

Us older ladies just envy you younger girls because we need much more work done than you do and we take much longer to achieve a passable appearance.
  •  

autumn08

Thanks the support ladies :)

And I'm sorry, Dani, that it took or is taking longer for you to get to where you want to be. I admire, though, how you're paving the way for trans women in your age group.
  •  

Dani

Autumn08,

No need to feel sorry for me!  ;D

I am finally living the life I should have many years ago. I just needed a few more surgeries to become myself.

My only regret is not following my own inclinations when I was a teenager, but I am here now and I love it!  ;) :-*
  •  

Donica

Definitely a big difference Kathy. 7 years does make a big difference.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: davina61 on October 03, 2018, 03:43:25 AM
Was going to wait for 1year HRT but 10 months update .

Wow, look at you Davina. Your before picture reminds me of a distinguished gentleman I once se in a movie, but now your are a beautiful lady.

Rockin the looks girl!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Roll on October 06, 2018, 06:47:01 PM
Well. Its finally time. Before and after.

Before is a low quality pic because I didn't often take them. Roughly 2014 or 2015 probably, Thanksgiving. After is today. Almost 10 months hrt. 8 lasers. No makeup, no padding.

Ellie! I think I commented on your pictures in your Roll thread. You are definitely looking cis to me girl.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •  

Donica

Hi everyone,

So, over the last 6 months, the largest difficulty has been not being able to repress my emotions nearly as effectively, and so having to consistently fight harder to keep myself from spiraling downward. This has given me a stronger impetus to fix my problems, and, as a result, I'm much healthier mentally than when I started transitioning. But, yeah, the emotional ups and downs of a 29 y.o. messed up woman who's just now learning how to handle being a woman, after spending most of her life as guy, can be pretty intense.

The effects on my relationships, dating and my likelihood of getting harassed aren't nearly what I'd feared they'd be. This is largely due to luck, but FYI, if a part of you fears that you may end up alone for the rest of your life and constantly laughed at, like a part of me feared, that part may be wrong.

Anyway, to those on the fence, as someone who used to live as a straight guy who could never seriously imagine that they'd transition, the potential for an unimaginably happier life existed for me and may exist for you.

Pre-Transition

1 year and 6 months

I hear you Autumn. The emotional rollercoaster can be one heck of a ride. I'm only a little over 13 months and still learning to control my emotions. Lovely before and after pictures girl.

I agree with you that getting harassed isn't nearly as bad as we thought they'd be. Pretty cool so far.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •  

Veronica J

Quote from: Donica on October 16, 2018, 03:28:19 PM
I hear you Autumn. The emotional rollercoaster can be one heck of a ride. I'm only a little over 13 months and still learning to control my emotions. Lovely before and after pictures girl.

I agree with you that getting harassed isn't nearly as bad as we thought they'd be. Pretty cool so far.

Hugs,
Donica.
oh can so agree with that, its soo hard to remain cool calm and collected in public and at work. sort of that weird middle part we go thru.. never truly fitting in ,  like umm what do i do point.. hahaha, like the dam box i fit in no longer fits.
  •  

Allison S

Hmm, well you look great! Yes, managing my emotions has been super hard the past couple of months. I just made 1 year on hrt a couple weeks ago. I feel like I'm starting to understand things better... I started about the same age as you and now I feel like I need relive some things I missed out on.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Veronica J

Well as some may have noticed i took the plung and updated my profile pic with one thats one week old.. gulp.. what the heck yolo, also i will be updating this after my makeup session... i always resisted, because i dont see much change.. also in december i have a makeup session with a makeup artist.. soo i cant see the changes that others do, FYI i turned 40 last month :)

also here are a few pics of me.

First pick of me two years ago (April~May 2016) a couple days after my ex and kids moved out of the country back to new zealand.

This one is 2 months ago or so...and i couldnt be bothered fixing my hair up too much, just a quick snap to try to see the changes and well only real photo from that month.

and this one my second makeup attempt, yeah i suck at contouring and such.. been practising mostly my liquid eyeliner skills. and have organised lessons with a professional. i want her to pluck my brows as she sees fit to get the best look.. kind of why i havent touched them :)

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Veronica A
Dear Veronica:
It is great to see your photos....  so nice to see and to follow your progress in your journey....   and you updated your Avatar/Profile with your new picture too!!!  :)

I will be looking forward to following your postings and seeing your "after makeup session"  photos when you feel free to share them....  and as you are discovering doing your own makeup can take practice.   Other grooming procedures such as plucking and shaping your eyebrows, styling your hair (I notice that your hair is is longer now), manicures and pedicures, jewelry including earrings, bracelets and necklaces, clothing choices, shoes, body mannerism and body movements ... and of course voice,  will also do a lot to improving your passable appearance.   

You might consider keeping your past pictures for reference as you continue to transition.   I found that, in my case, monthly photos allowed me to clearly see HRT changes that were happening....   nothing usually happens with HRT really fast, but monthly seemed to be a good time frame for me.

Thank you for sharing and posting your photos....
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: Veronica A on October 18, 2018, 06:34:03 AM
Well as some may have noticed i took the plung and updated my profile pic with one thats one week old.. gulp.. what the heck yolo, also i will be updating this after my makeup session... i always resisted, because i dont see much change.. also in december i have a makeup session with a makeup artist.. soo i cant see the changes that others do, FYI i turned 40 last month :)

also here are a few pics of me.

First pick of me two years ago (April~May 2016) a couple days after my ex and kids moved out of the country back to new zealand.

This one is 2 months ago or so...and i couldnt be bothered fixing my hair up too much, just a quick snap to try to see the changes and well only real photo from that month.

and this one my second makeup attempt, yeah i suck at contouring and such.. been practising mostly my liquid eyeliner skills. and have organised lessons with a professional. i want her to pluck my brows as she sees fit to get the best look.. kind of why i havent touched them :)

•  

Veronica J

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 18, 2018, 10:02:27 AM
@Veronica A
Dear Veronica:
It is great to see your photos....  so nice to see and to follow your progress in your journey....   and you updated your Avatar/Profile with your new picture too!!!  :)

I will be looking forward to following your postings and seeing your "after makeup session"  photos when you feel free to share them....  and as you are discovering doing your own makeup can take practice.   Other grooming procedures such as plucking and shaping your eyebrows, styling your hair (I notice that your hair is is longer now), manicures and pedicures, jewelry including earrings, bracelets and necklaces, clothing choices, shoes, body mannerism and body movements ... and of course voice,  will also do a lot to improving your passable appearance.   

You might consider keeping your past pictures for reference as you continue to transition.   I found that, in my case, monthly photos allowed me to clearly see HRT changes that were happening....   nothing usually happens with HRT really fast, but monthly seemed to be a good time frame for me.

Thank you for sharing and posting your photos....
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

thank you for that, yes makeup does take practise. i just dont want to get bad habits of doing something wrong, I have an eidetic memory. pretty much remember every thing (like i recall the conversation where, date, time of day, weather where we were sitting,etc.. its a curse really). I actually had to practise with a doc years ago to no consciously always recall every detail all the time. that coupled with my perfectionist personality is a bad combo... been working on that with my current therapist. hence why i avoided learning to do makeup from youtube help videos and want to learn how to contour with an expert and get lessons. and then practise,i think i will get not cheap stuff more middle of the road quality to practise.. who knows.

Quote(I notice that your hair is is longer now)[/size], manicures and pedicures, jewelry including earrings, bracelets and necklaces, clothing choices, shoes, body mannerism and body movements ... and of course voice,  will also do a lot to improving your passable appearance.
yeah i keep my hair shoulder length.. its fairly thin, just increased my blockers and E  which seems to have worked stopping it from falling out. i have no idea how to style my thin short hair and at a loss at that. been trying to find short hairstyles that would work with me.. very hard..also dont have any RL friends who are transitioning or cis female to get help with. i keep trying to make the support group meetings and keep ending up all over australia for work.

to be honest i dont like necklaces (never have), or earrings.. tho the latter is on my mind often and yeah prob get them pierced later. as for clothes i am more a jeans, top kind of gal..grew up in the 80s/90s. :) my height makes most of other styles almost impossible unless i make my own dresses. as for body mannerism/movements, i am learning to let everything flow and walk correctly. its hard to to act all male (but i must as work mates dont know yet), when i just want to be me confident in myself and how i move.  30 plus years of being sure i move correctly to fit in, is hard habbit to break.

lastly i am seeing a voice therapyst, and wow them excercises are hard.. love doing them, easy to blow most of the evening way (10min every hour) and messing about. i hardly watch tv, play xbox or such..
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: Veronica A on October 18, 2018, 02:55:34 PM
thank you for that, yes makeup does take practise. i just dont want to get bad habits of doing something wrong, I have an eidetic memory. pretty much remember every thing (like i recall the conversation where, date, time of day, weather where we were sitting,etc.. its a curse really). I actually had to practise with a doc years ago to no consciously always recall every detail all the time. that coupled with my perfectionist personality is a bad combo... been working on that with my current therapist. hence why i avoided learning to do makeup from youtube help videos and want to learn how to contour with an expert and get lessons. and then practise,i think i will get not cheap stuff more middle of the road quality to practise.. who knows.
yeah i keep my hair shoulder length.. its fairly thin, just increased my blockers and E  which seems to have worked stopping it from falling out. i have no idea how to style my thin short hair and at a loss at that. been trying to find short hairstyles that would work with me.. very hard..also dont have any RL friends who are transitioning or cis female to get help with. i keep trying to make the support group meetings and keep ending up all over australia for work.

to be honest i dont like necklaces (never have), or earrings.. tho the latter is on my mind often and yeah prob get them pierced later. as for clothes i am more a jeans, top kind of gal..grew up in the 80s/90s. :) my height makes most of other styles almost impossible unless i make my own dresses. as for body mannerism/movements, i am learning to let everything flow and walk correctly. its hard to to act all male (but i must as work mates dont know yet), when i just want to be me confident in myself and how i move.  30 plus years of being sure i move correctly to fit in, is hard habbit to break.

lastly i am seeing a voice therapyst, and wow them excercises are hard.. love doing them, easy to blow most of the evening way (10min every hour) and messing about. i hardly watch tv, play xbox or such..
@Veronica A

Hi Veronica,

Thank you for sharing your pics, brave girl. Youtube can be your best friend when it comes to makeup tutorials - it has everything you need. Also you're very wise to let a pro shape your eyebrows, a fair number of people don't get the right shape and often also over pluck them leaving a massive gap in the middle.  One thing I would like to say is - excellent getting a pro to teach you makeup!! but while you're working on your makeup skills I would say - eye shadow - where to apply it, what colours and how much is a very difficult thing to get right and look good - I would encourage you to leave it out until you get good on the other stuff and then slowly introduce subtle shades and build up your skill there. just my opinion.
I don't have my ears pierced atm -  so I wear magnetic earrings.

Take care,

Sonja.
  •  

Veronica J

Quote from: Sonja on October 18, 2018, 07:08:26 PM
@Veronica A

Hi Veronica,

Thank you for sharing your pics, brave girl. Youtube can be your best friend when it comes to makeup tutorials - it has everything you need. Also you're very wise to let a pro shape your eyebrows, a fair number of people don't get the right shape and often also over pluck them leaving a massive gap in the middle.  One thing I would like to say is - excellent getting a pro to teach you makeup!! but while you're working on your makeup skills I would say - eye shadow - where to apply it, what colours and how much is a very difficult thing to get right and look good - I would encourage you to leave it out until you get good on the other stuff and then slowly introduce subtle shades and build up your skill there. just my opinion.
I don't have my ears pierced atm -  so I wear magnetic earrings.

Take care,

Sonja.

thanks, for a long time i was scared too post anything.. for one i dont see the changes others do. for i see so much dude there, lastly well my skills suck. the videos are soo quick and often the items arent listed in the description below or they are not available where i live and have to find the equivalents. Also different advice and most of them are similar methods. and due to my skin etc i want to learn from an artist on what to do and practise and go from there. your eye shadow idea makes sense, a lot of sense actually.

thanks very much

V

•  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Roll on October 06, 2018, 06:47:01 PM
Well. Its finally time. Before and after.

Before is a low quality pic because I didn't often take them. Roughly 2014 or 2015 probably, Thanksgiving. After is today. Almost 10 months hrt. 8 lasers. No makeup, no padding.

What kind of sorcery is this?  You look great Ellie!  Share some of that magic.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •