Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabrina Rei

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I'm definitely in less turmoil now, internally than I was then though I certainly had an abundance of happy times even as a man.

Linde

Quote from: gg on December 10, 2018, 01:29:02 AM
Amazing! You look WAY younger too. I read that you've done micro needling.Did you do that yourself at home? I have three different derma-rollers and I've done it maybe twice but never stuck with it. How long did you do it for?

You look great!
No, I had it done in a spa.  They use a machine for this, almost like a laser, just a little smaller.  They go very deep into the skin.  And after that i got special stuff (3 different things) to put onto the skin twice a day.  3 weeks later I had an appointment, and they did a bade shaving to remove all dead skin, followed up with a chemical peel.  I have 3 more of these sessions coming, I have still skin flaking off, about 6 weeks after the procedure, and have now other stuff to put on.  It sure seems to remove all the very fine hairlike type wrinkles, and any sun damaged spots from the skin.
I feel that the before picture is a bit bad because of the lightning conditions, I never had a red nose in my life (I hardly drink any alcohol  :angel:).  But I thinks the professional microneedeling and some makeup did a good job (but boy, did it hurt), the longer hair may help, too.  I am contemplating some Botox injections to reduce some still prominent wrinkles around my eyes.
I had my eyebrows treated to be a little more visible. 
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Linde

Quote from: Kendra on December 10, 2018, 12:24:44 AM
The befores/afters on this page are phenomenal.  Wow. 

And Dietlind you lost several decades between those two photos!
Thank you!  I am now taking way more care of my facial skin than I did ever before (I did basically nothing or my poor face)

•  

Linde

I feel that all the before and after pics here show an absolutely amazing change in the appearances!
It is hard work to get there, but once one sees all the beautiful faces, it shows that this work payed of very well!

Keep up the good work girls, and we'll show them how amazingly good we can look!

•  

tgirlamg

Hey All... I haven't done one of these for a while so... Here we go! 😃

This was then... Early 50s... 😟

. by Ashley Campbell, on Flickr
Untitled by Ashley Campbell, on Flickr

This is now... Age 57... I was lost but... Now I'm found...🙋‍♀️

A few thoughts for those who have found themselves here and are starting to realize that their life, will not truly be THEIR life... until a few changes are made...

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armored shell you have worn for a lifetime to serve the expectations of others and to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face....

Embrace the things that express your inner truth... Show the world and those you Love ...Finally... Who you truly are... Embrace the liberation found in jumping off a cliff in your life even though you don't completely know what lies below... There is a quote I like by Martin Luther King...

"Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase."

It is never too late.... CHOOSE to see how you will make your life an expression of who you truly are... not the reasons you cannot... A journey of a thousand steps is taken one at a time...Don't get lost in the details...  Keep moving forward!!!... In the end, your life will be what you make it... So,... Make it glorious!... make it what you want... make it what you need.... Make it a life well lived... Leave regrets behind you where they belong... All shall be well...

LIVE LIFE... LOVE LIFE...

Onward we go brave sisters,

Ashley  🙋‍♀️💕🌸🙏
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Melinda@heart

@tgirlamg

You always look amazing and so happy! Thanks for sharing.

When you said 50's I thought you meant 1950 for a second. As I scrolled through the pics it took my brain a second to realize you meant your age... hahaha

Ahh, the way my brain works.

~Mindy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Melinda@heart on December 10, 2018, 02:42:08 PM
@tgirlamg

You always look amazing and so happy! Thanks for sharing.

When you said 50's I thought you meant 1950 for a second. As I scrolled through the pics it took my brain a second to realize you meant your age... hahaha

Ahh, the way my brain works.

~Mindy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

@Melinda@heart

Mindy!!!

Thank you so very much for the sweet words, my Beautiful Sister!!!...

Ha!, My mind is famous for sometimes taking a bit of a circuitous route from point A to point B 😃

Onward We Go Brave Sister!!!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️💕🙏🌸
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

•  

Sky1090

Quote from: tgirlamg on December 10, 2018, 02:04:35 PM
Hey All... I haven't done one of these for a while so... Here we go! [emoji2]

This was then... Early 50s... [emoji45]

. by Ashley Campbell, on Flickr

This is now... Age 57... I was lost but... Now I'm found...[emoji137]‍[emoji3601]

A few thoughts for those who have found themselves here and are starting to realize that their life, will not truly be THEIR life... until a few changes are made...

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armored shell you have worn for a lifetime to serve the expectations of others and to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face....

Embrace the things that express your inner truth... Show the world and those you Love ...Finally... Who you truly are... Embrace the liberation found in jumping off a cliff in your life even though you don't completely know what lies below... There is a quote I like by Martin Luther King...

"Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase."

It is never too late.... CHOOSE to see how you will make your life an expression of who you truly are... not the reasons you cannot... A journey of a thousand steps is taken one at a time...Don't get lost in the details...  Keep moving forward!!!... In the end, your life will be what you make it... So,... Make it glorious!... make it what you want... make it what you need.... Make it a life well lived... Leave regrets behind you where they belong... All shall be well...

LIVE LIFE... LOVE LIFE...

Onward we go brave sisters,

Ashley  [emoji137]‍[emoji3601][emoji177][emoji254][emoji120]

Absolutely gorgeous Ashley! I would not have guessed 50s. You lost 15 years at least!

Little upsetting to see Dodgers apparel since I'm a Cubs girl but I'll get over it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Sky1090

So my phone reminded me of what I looked like two and a half years ago. Holy scary who invited the angry Jesus?

•  

Linde

Quote from: Sky1090 on December 10, 2018, 06:32:57 PM
So my phone reminded me of what I looked like two and a half years ago. Holy scary who invited the angry Jesus?

I have to say that I like your later looks way better, actually way, way better!

•  

tgirlamg

@Dietlind... I did three sessions of the microneedle too!... Good Stuff!  :)

Quote from: Sky1090 on December 10, 2018, 06:07:48 PM

Absolutely gorgeous Ashley! I would not have guessed 50s. You lost 15 years at least!

Little upsetting to see Dodgers apparel since I'm a Cubs girl but I'll get over it lol

@Sky1090 Thanks for the sweet words little sister!!! You have come far as well and you're just getting warmed up! Amazing things await you girl! It will be a pleasure to see your life blossom fully for you!...  :)

The Dodgers pic was taken at, what was sadly, the last game of the world series... My husband ( A Giants Fan... I know!... We have a mixed marriage!  :) )... and I flew down there... I had a great time despite the Boston victory!... We will get them next year!!!  :)!!!

If seeing me in Dodgers gear upsets you... I advise you to stop scrolling now little sister... I don't want to be responsible for causing too much trauma to a Cubs fan!!!  :) If you do proceed, you'll see that the series loss was not due to a lack of support on my part!!!  :)

GO DODGERS!!!

Onward we go to next season!!!

:)

•  

Linde

As a wimpy interseex guy I was never into any of those rough sports (except ice hockey, but that is up in te nort lant not a sport, but a style of living - our kids are born with hockey skates on their feet), but after living 40+ years in Wisconsin, I hear now very surprisingly that there are other football teams in the US except the Packers????

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Dietlind on December 10, 2018, 10:56:09 PM
As a wimpy interseex guy I was never into any of those rough sports (except ice hockey, but that is up in te nort lant not a sport, but a style of living - our kids are born with hockey skates on their feet), but after living 40+ years in Wisconsin, I hear now very surprisingly that there are other football teams in the US except the Packers????

Hey Dietland!!!

I played ice hockey for about 7 years while growing up until I was 14... surprisingly hockey was a big deal in LA when I was young...( GO NORTH HOLLYWOOD! ) 😀... it was the only team sport I ever enjoyed doing... I was more into the. surfing, snowboarding and running type things that didn't require a lot of interaction with others!!!... I never followed any sports in my life but my husband's love for baseball finally rubbed off on me!... GO DODGERS!!!! 😀

Onward we go!!!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

•  

Sky1090

Quote from: tgirlamg on December 10, 2018, 09:41:15 PM
@Dietlind... I did three sessions of the microneedle too!... Good Stuff!  :)

@Sky1090 Thanks for the sweet words little sister!!! You have come far as well and you're just getting warmed up! Amazing things await you girl! It will be a pleasure to see your life blossom fully for you!...  :)

The Dodgers pic was taken at, what was sadly, the last game of the world series... My husband ( A Giants Fan... I know!... We have a mixed marriage!  :) )... and I flew down there... I had a great time despite the Boston victory!... We will get them next year!!!  :)!!!

If seeing me in Dodgers gear upsets you... I advise you to stop scrolling now little sister... I don't want to be responsible for causing too much trauma to a Cubs fan!!!  :) If you do proceed, you'll see that the series loss was not due to a lack of support on my part!!!  :)

GO DODGERS!!!

Onward we go to next season!!!

:)

I can't complain about the team wear especially when you wear the colors so well lol. Hey we can't win them all here in the Windy City. Sometimes just gotta give into the wear mat coast. It could be worse. You could be a Yankees fan lol.

Baseball is the only sport my fiancé and I can get into. Don't get me wrong, I love hockey (go Hawks!), but I just don't find myself as into it as I used to be. Maybe it's just cause we're in a slump this year lol.

I too was never into the team sports growing up. I'd rather strap on my skis for a day, go rock climbing, hiking or mountain biking. I enjoy being with nature rather than people most of the time lol.

•  

Linde

Quote from: tgirlamg on December 10, 2018, 11:40:11 PM
Hey Dietland!!!

I played ice hockey for about 7 years while growing up until I was 14... surprisingly hockey was a big deal in LA when I was young...( GO NORTH HOLLYWOOD! ) 😀... it was the only team sport I ever enjoyed doing... I was more into the. surfing, snowboarding and running type things that didn't require a lot of interaction with others!!!... I never followed any sports in my life but my husband's love for baseball finally rubbed off on me!... GO DODGERS!!!! 😀

Onward we go!!!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌻
Here you go tgirlamg, it shows my ignorance about any of the American team sports names (well, I am kind of a new comer to this country, I live here for barely some 40+ years  :angel:), I did not even know that the Dodgers were a baseball team!
And yes, I have herd about the Anaheim Ducks, but up north one just mildly smiles about them! People up north feel that only the Minnesotans, the Wisconsinites, the Michiganers and the Canadians have any idea what to do with hockey skates on their feet.  Everybody else uses them for ice dancing!
Hugs
Linde

•  

Andi H

Hey everyone!!  Haven't been keeping up around here, been busy living life!  I think I added one of these before here or on another thread, but thought together they nicely show some of this journey.
Hope you're all well!!!  And as my dear big sis says, onward!![emoji137]‍♀️[emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji319][emoji951]️

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Andi H on December 11, 2018, 09:09:15 AM
Hey everyone!!  Haven't been keeping up around here, been busy living life!  I think I added one of these before here or on another thread, but thought together they nicely show some of this journey.
Hope you're all well!!!  And as my dear big sis says, onward!![emoji137]‍♀️[emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji319][emoji951]️

There's my busy little sister!!! 🎉🎉🎉💕💕💕 Princess of the Frozen North!!! Looking GORGEOUS girl 🌺 Lotsa Hugs and Love!!! 🙋‍♀️

Quote from: Dietlind on December 11, 2018, 08:05:39 AM
Here you go tgirlamg, it shows my ignorance about any of the American team sports names (well, I am kind of a new comer to this country, I live here for barely some 40+ years  :angel:), I did not even know that the Dodgers were a baseball team!
And yes, I have herd about the Anaheim Ducks, but up north one just mildly smiles about them! People up north feel that only the Minnesotans, the Wisconsinites, the Michiganers and the Canadians have any idea what to do with hockey skates on their feet.  Everybody else uses them for ice dancing!
Hugs
Linde

@Dietland

I know you take these things pretty seriously up there in the north my friend!!! We moved from LA to northern CA when I was 14... My home ice rink in LA was damaged in the Northridge earthquake and not rebuilt with the rest of the mall... I suspect, had a rink been damaged up there where you are... it would have been back in tip top shape the next day!!! First things first!!!

Quote from: Sky1090 on December 11, 2018, 05:02:52 AM
I can't complain about the team wear especially when you wear the colors so well lol. Hey we can't win them all here in the Windy City. Sometimes just gotta give into the wear mat coast. It could be worse. You could be a Yankees fan lol.

Baseball is the only sport my fiancé and I can get into. Don't get me wrong, I love hockey (go Hawks!), but I just don't find myself as into it as I used to be. Maybe it's just cause we're in a slump this year lol.

I too was never into the team sports growing up. I'd rather strap on my skis for a day, go rock climbing, hiking or mountain biking. I enjoy being with nature rather than people most of the time lol.

@Sky1090

Thanks again for the sweet words little sister!... I think there is a lot to be said for individual pursuits that allow you time to contemplate... I love my running days along the ocean listening to music... it really keeps me in a good place mentally... I think all the many hours spent reflecting on my life while running and surfing are what lead me to transition!

GO CUBS GO!! (Unless they are playing the Dodgers!) ... and Onward We Go!!! 😀

Ashley 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

•  

BrianaJ

Hi Andi,  you look great.  Who's that guy in your pics??
~~Be kind~~
  •  

BrianaJ

Hey Sky,  maybe we need to do an intervention on Ashley to help her see the right way when it comes to baseball teams.  Everyone needs some help now and then to get on the right path. Although, I do love the "all you can eat" hotdog section at Dodgers Stadium.  They're absolutely  awful hotdogs but I still love it.  LOL
~~Be kind~~
  •  

Linde

A pretty rough looking guy turned into a pretty good looking girl!  Magic, just magic!

•