Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Am Jess

Quote from: BrianaJ on December 11, 2018, 12:30:08 PM
Hey Sky,  maybe we need to do an intervention on Ashley to help her see the right way when it comes to baseball teams.  Everyone needs some help now and then to get on the right path. Although, I do love the "all you can eat" hotdog section at Dodgers Stadium.  They're absolutely  awful hotdogs but I still love it.  LOL

I think my big sister has her team priorities just right.......

GO BLUE!

Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: I Am Jess on December 11, 2018, 06:31:15 PM
I think my big sister has her team priorities just right.......

GO BLUE!

At Last!!! The voice of reason!!! 😀... Looking Gorgeous Sis!!!

You can take the girl out of LA but, ... Ya can't take the LA outta the girl 🙋‍♀️👍

GO DODGERS!!!

Onward!!!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Sky1090

So this is no before and after but I do plan to recreate this with my fiancé after transitioning completely. Shhhh she doesn't know lol. So I guess you can consider this the before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Sky1090

Quote from: BrianaJ on December 11, 2018, 12:30:08 PM
Hey Sky,  maybe we need to do an intervention on Ashley to help her see the right way when it comes to baseball teams.  Everyone needs some help now and then to get on the right path. Although, I do love the "all you can eat" hotdog section at Dodgers Stadium.  They're absolutely  awful hotdogs but I still love it.  LOL

Like I said, could be worse lol. At least these west coasters like the right shade of blue and not that dark navy Yankee color lol

Could be even worse. Could be Sox fans [emoji1787][emoji1787]

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Sky1090 on December 11, 2018, 07:35:24 PM
So this is no before and after but I do plan to recreate this with my fiancé after transitioning completely. Shhhh she doesn't know lol. So I guess you can consider this the before...

Awwww!!!... TOTALLY ADORABLE PIC!!!  We will keep the re-creation on the down low little sister!!!... I'm honored you can see that us west coasters have a place in the world just like everyone else!!!

#westcoastersRpeople2

Hugs!!!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

•  

Sky1090

Quote from: tgirlamg on December 11, 2018, 07:54:39 PM
Awwww!!!... TOTALLY ADORABLE PIC!!!  We will keep the re-creation on the down low little sister!!!... I'm honored you can see that us west coasters have a place in the world just like everyone else!!!

#westcoastersRpeople2

Hugs!!!

A [emoji137]‍[emoji3601][emoji177][emoji258]

Lmao you're too funny. It's all in fun. I love the hiking in California and would move just for that. it's just a shame cost of living is so insane

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Sky1090 on December 11, 2018, 08:07:24 PM
Lmao you're too funny. It's all in fun. I love the hiking in California and would move just for that. it's just a shame cost of living is so insane

Hiking around here often is in the cost of living!!! 😀... It is a bit crazy when you look at the fact you could buy a mansion elsewhere for the cost of a fixer upper shack near the water here but, we are acclimated to the costs... I'm a CA native but I did live in both Colorado and Iowa for a couple years in the early 2000s which gave me some nice perspective and my husband and I get to other states a couple times a year... NM, AZ, and TX mostly... They hold some appeal but, if we ever moved ...I would be dreaming about this slice of heaven where we live now... I would like to see Chicago one of these days...  My mom went to University of Chicago and was a Miss Chicago back in the 40s...

Onwards we go little sister!!!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌻😀

•  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Sky1090 on December 11, 2018, 07:35:24 PM

Awww can't wait to see it!!
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Sky1090

Quote from: tgirlamg on December 11, 2018, 08:34:01 PM
Hiking around here often is in the cost of living!!! [emoji3]... It is a bit crazy when you look at the fact you could buy a mansion elsewhere for the cost of a fixer upper shack near the water here but, we are acclimated to the costs... I'm a CA native but I did live in both Colorado and Iowa for a couple years in the early 2000s which gave me some nice perspective and my husband and I get to other states a couple times a year... NM, AZ, and TX mostly... They hold some appeal but, if we ever moved ...I would be dreaming about this slice of heaven where we live now... I would like to see Chicago one of these days...  My mom went to University of Chicago and was a Miss Chicago back in the 40s...

Onwards we go little sister!!!

A [emoji137]‍[emoji3601][emoji177][emoji258][emoji3]

There's so much to do here! I grew up and still live on the south side of the city but the north side is where the best parts are in my opinion.

I used to spend more time in California when my grandma lived out there. She recently moved back here due to health reasons but her house is still there. I'll have to be out there to go through things at some point. She lived in Upland. I remember the views of Mount Baldy from her garden. Simply beautiful

•  

KimOct

I'm stuck here in the frozen tundra of Minneapolis but I am a Chicago girl born and raised.  GO CUBS ( sorry Ashley - don't delete my text tomorrow LOL )

I grew up down the street from Wrigley back when we were 'free range' kids and used to sit in the bleachers for $1.25 OMG I am OLD !!

No better day than a day at Wrigley where nobody is watching the game and just enjoying the outdoor party.  Although the last time I was there was to see Dave Matthews Band.

Lived in Wrigleyville in my late 20s - what a blast !!
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: KimOct on December 11, 2018, 11:39:16 PM
I'm stuck here in the frozen tundra of Minneapolis but I am a Chicago girl born and raised.  GO CUBS ( sorry Ashley - don't delete my text tomorrow LOL )

I grew up down the street from Wrigley back when we were 'free range' kids and used to sit in the bleachers for $1.25 OMG I am OLD !!

No better day than a day at Wrigley where nobody is watching the game and just enjoying the outdoor party.  Although the last time I was there was to see Dave Matthews Band.

Lived in Wrigleyville in my late 20s - what a blast !!

No worries on the Cubs Sis!!!... I realize geographic allegiance can sometimes be a factor in these matters!!!... 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

•  

KimOct

•  

Linde

Quote from: KimOct on December 11, 2018, 11:39:16 PM
I'm stuck here in the frozen tundra of Minneapolis
See, there is your problem.  I was stuck up there for 40+ years, and I finally made the decission to never ever get cold feet again, and move to the gulf coast in southern Florida!
But you have to see the positive side up there, 6 months of the year without mosquitos!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Andi H

Thank you, Ashley, Briana, and Dietlind!![emoji137]‍♀️[emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

•  

BrianaJ

Oh no...not you too Jess!!!  We're gonna need a TEAM for this intervention.  LOL  As I mentioned, I do love going to games there though, especially Cubs-Dodgers games.  Although I don't wear Cubs attire there anymore after an ugly incident that happened to us a few years ago. 

Sky - I love the pic!  So sweet...  Makes me miss home.  I love Wrigley and that whole north side area.  And you are brave being a Cubs fan being a sout sider over by der in Sox land. 

OMG Kim I can so identify with what you wrote.  I grew up in the western burbs but we used to take the train in and catch the red line right to the door.  We'd get those bleacher seat tickets and then do a little moving around if you know what I mean.  ;-)  I love Minneapolis-St. Paul too.  I don't dig the winter there, but I can, ummm...endure it if I had to.  We used to visit there frequently on our way up north to the boundary water areas.
~~Be kind~~
  •  

Linde

Quote from: BrianaJ on December 12, 2018, 08:36:02 AM
  We used to visit there frequently on our way up north to the boundary water areas.
You all have been really tough guys!  I lived there 40+ years and have not been once at the boundary waters!

I just used to go to the Met stadium to wach the North Stars play hockey!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: KimOct on December 12, 2018, 02:27:58 AM

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4899/44466944250_038fbb154b_m.jpg

I tried to put more pics up but this is driving me nuts. ???

KIM!!!

You must have been up late cursing at your computer but, congrats my dear and BEAUTIFUL sister on first... how far you have come since we first met years ago!!! 😃👍 and second for getting the pic posted... I know my first efforts to get one to post were not without some degreee of frustration!!!

Lotsa Love and Hugs!!!!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌸

•  

KimOct

Thanks Ashley - You were a huge help.  Yeah the pic thing still has me confused but one of them magically worked.
  •  

Dani

Quote from: BrianaJ on December 12, 2018, 08:36:02 AM
... way up north to the boundary water areas.

Quote from: Dietlind on December 12, 2018, 02:41:43 PM
You all have been really tough guys!  I lived there 40+ years and have not been once at the boundary waters!

For those readers here who are not familiar with Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA), it is on the Minnesota/Canada border near Lake Superior. In the 1600's and 1700's the area was totally wilderness except for French fur trappers who used birch bark canoes to travel the area. The area is full of lakes with short trails between the lakes where the French trappers would carry their canoes on their backs from one lake to the next. Then go back to get their supplies and furs, taking as many trips as necessary.

Today this area is one of the true wilderness areas left in the lower 48 states. Only Alaska can boast more wilderness. It is managed and protected by the Minnesota Dept of Natural Resources and they have maps of the trails and they control access to maintain the wilderness experience.

Many years ago I did a week long canoe trip deep into the area. No phone, no electricity, few roads and nothing that resembles civilization. You carried everything for your trip on your own back. We carried our food, tent, sleeping bags, clothes and life vests in our canoe when we could and on our backs when we would portage between the lakes. We paddled about 6 miles a day in our aluminium canoe, making camp at each overnight stop.

This wilderness is definitely a challenge but it has it's rewards.
  •  

Sabrina Rei

Quote from: KimOct on December 12, 2018, 02:27:58 AM

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4899/44466944250_038fbb154b_m.jpg

I tried to put more pics up but this is driving me nuts. ???

Might consider going to imgur? It's free. You have the option to hide pics from the public and it's easy to get a link called "BBC Code for message boards and forums" which always works to share here.