Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Quote from: tgirlamg on April 24, 2019, 01:24:25 PM
Hey All!!!

I hope that all who read this are feeling the promise of the days ahead!!!... It has been a while since I have updated a post here and I think this thread holds a lot of value... Those starting or considering moving forward towards what they want are jumping off a cliff of sorts... HOPEFUL.. that what lies awaiting them at the bottom... will be better than the life they have known at the top...

As the saying goes... a picture paints a thousand words...There are lessons and opportunities in all we perceive... Look carefully through this whole thread... study the faces... hear the thousand words in each post for they speak words that will propel your journey... Hope, Dreams, Possibilities not previously ours to consider. Liberation and Amazing Discoveries await you to claim them...

Me in my early 50s a couple years before transition... I was lost

Untitled by Ashleyl, on Flickr
Untitled by Ashley, on Flickr
. by Ashley, on Flickr

Now I am found...

(From the last month or so... I will be 58 next week)

A few thoughts for those who have found themselves here and are starting to realize that their life, will not truly be THEIR life... until a few changes are made...

Moving from a life that holds little true meaning for you... Towards one that does... Is always the correct direction of travel...

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armored shell you have worn for a lifetime to serve the expectations of others and to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face....

Embrace the things that express your inner truth... Show the world and those you Love ...Finally... Who you truly are... Embrace the liberation found in jumping off a cliff in your life even though you don't completely know what lies below... There is a quote I like by Martin Luther King...

"Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase."

It is never too late.... CHOOSE to see how you will make your life an expression of who you truly are... not the reasons you cannot... A journey of a thousand steps is taken one at a time...Don't get lost in the details...  Keep moving forward!!!... In the end, your life will be what you make it... So,... Make it glorious!... make it what you want... make it what you need.... Make it a life well lived... Leave regrets behind you where they belong... All shall be well...

LIVE LIFE... LOVE LIFE...

Onward we go brave sisters,

Ashley  🙋‍♀️💕🌸

Ashley, you look as pretty as you always do. Have you ever even taken a bad picture? Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Ashley, I just noticed you said you are 58! You look amazing. I think you have the fountain of youth stashed at your house someplace.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Julia1996 on April 28, 2019, 12:24:03 AM
Ashley, you look as pretty as you always do. Have you ever even taken a bad picture? Lol

Awwww! Thanks for the kind and generous words little sister!!! You are very sweet!!! 🤗🙏🌻

Quote from: Julia1996 on April 28, 2019, 12:27:17 AM
Ashley, I just noticed you said you are 58! You look amazing. I think you have the fountain of youth stashed at your house someplace.

Shhhhh!!!.... 🤭... I do.... but... Shhhhh!!!! 🤪💕🙋‍♀️🌺👍
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Bea1968

Ashley, that is awesome!  Gives me great hope!

Thank you,

Bea
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Bea1968 on April 28, 2019, 11:52:47 AM
Ashley, that is awesome!  Gives me great hope!

Thank you,

Bea

Hope is the fuel that carries us forward in this journey little sister... 🌻

A few thoughts on the subject...

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,233543.msg2082707.html#msg2082707

I hope it will always carry you to amazing places! 🌺💕

Onward we go brave girl

Ashley 🙋‍♀️💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

•  

Artesia

046 by Claire Labus, on Flickr
Starting

WIN_20170402_11_10_37_Pro by Claire Labus, on Flickr
A couple months in

SUNP0266 by Claire Labus, on Flickr
A little further in

IMG_0361 by Claire Labus, on Flickr
Still later

8226 by Claire Labus, on Flickr
Christmas 2018

IMG_20190313_151455_01 by Claire Labus, on Flickr
January

IMG_20190515_190622499 by Claire Labus, on Flickr
Today, no makeup and didn't shave

I'm actually feeling pretty good about how I'm looking.  At least most of the time.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

tgirlamg

Artesia!!!!

That smile in the last pic says it all little sister!!! Congrats on all you have made happen to fashion the life you choose!!! You are Beautiful 💕🤗💕

Hugs, Love and Respect...

Onward We Go Brave Sister!!!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

•  

Artesia

Quote from: tgirlamg on May 15, 2019, 07:06:55 PM
Artesia!!!!

That smile in the last pic says it all little sister!!! Congrats on all you have made happen to fashion the life you choose!!! You are Beautiful 💕🤗💕

Hugs, Love and Respect...

Onward We Go Brave Sister!!!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

I think the last four have the biggest and most authentic smiles I've ever had.

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Artesia on May 15, 2019, 07:26:29 PM
I think the last four have the biggest and most authentic smiles I've ever had.

They are well deserved little sister!!! That's what finally claiming our true life looks like!!!... Ya done good girl!!!! 💕🤗💕

Hugs!!!

A 🙋‍♀️🌸💕

•  

Kendra

Artesia, so awesome to see this! 

I'll always remember.  You are one of the people I was thinking about when I decided to come out to my parents... one of the last stumbling blocks before I started with medical changes.  Knowing you had done the same, and written about your experience, and then you hit the accelerator. 

You inspired me, along with so many others here.  And now I have the life I want.

Kendra
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Artesia

Quote from: Kendra on May 15, 2019, 09:48:44 PM
Artesia, so awesome to see this! 

I'll always remember.  You are one of the people I was thinking about when I decided to come out to my parents... one of the last stumbling blocks before I started with medical changes.  Knowing you had done the same, and written about your experience, and then you hit the accelerator. 

You inspired me, along with so many others here.  And now I have the life I want.

Kendra

Thank you, but I'm nothing special.  I'm a scared little girl, just trying to get by in the world.  This past week I broke down crying because I couldn't be a mommy.  I have a bad habit of hiding when I'm down.  I'm trying to just be as confident as the other girls on here. 

•  

Shay9999

June 2017

March 2019

Still a long way to go but I feel more comfortable and myself now.
If you ever feel like you're unloved, message me. Reach out to me. Seriously. I love you. I'll listen to everything to need to say. I'm running on California time, and I'm a full time student, so if you're expecting a reply, please be patient. But I'll always reply. Thinking of you.
  •  

Stepheewt

Amazing after looking at all your pictures it really gives me hope of what could still be. Very inspirational.
Always look forward because the past will never change.
  •  

Angélique LaCava

So i took a photo then looked at one of my old photos and noticed a difference, granted the change could be from age, but im hoping its from hrt. Anyway the left photo is from when i was 18 before hrt and the right photo is of me at 24 3.5 years on hrt.

•  

Harley Quinn

At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Jessica_Rose

« on: February 04, 2020, 12:38:46 pm »
It has been three years since I started my journey. I don't recognize the person on the left anymore...

Feb 2017 -- March 2018 -- Feb 2019 -- Feb 2020

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Devlyn

Lost in The Crash of 2024, so here we go again.   ;D

Me as a young man:

Me as an old woman:

Me with a hotdog:

Me as a bobblehead:

•  

Jessica_Rose

« on: March 22, 2021, 06:46:46 pm »
Tomorrow marks four years since I started HRT. When I started this journey, I looked into a mirror and told myself that I was going to 'make one ugly woman'. Sometimes I don't mind being wrong. HRT helped, and surgery did the rest. No photoshop filters, just a little makeup. For some reason, these photos make me cry.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

February 2017 - March 2018 - February 2019 - February 2020 - March 2021
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •